Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Mara Jade Cullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Just Ian

Post by Mara Jade Cullen »

I agree with you all.
I, too, was ready to fall for Jared through Melanie's memories. But then seing him outside of the memories--he was so hardened. So closed. Frigtening, really.

But Ian, I started softening to him almost immediately--from when he first started asking Jared about her when she was in the hole.
I love Edward. But he's unattainable--he's not realistic--neither for women who dream about finding him or for men to aspire to. Ian, on the other hand is human. Flawed with normal human flaws. He good, kind, understanding and loving. But not perceived as perfect. Most touching of all is that he loves Wanda for herself--not for her body but for her soul (so to speak). He knows her, he understands her and protects her from herself. I think that he's a more realistic hero than Edward. And I really like him for that.
Team Edward
Mara Jade Cullen

I have a question.
DId Ian strike Wanda/Melanie? He states he did at one point in the story. And I remember him trying to strangle her. But I only remember Jared and Kyle striking her. When did Ian?
Team Edward
Brella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Brella »

Mara Jade Cullen wrote:I have a question.
DId Ian strike Wanda/Melanie? He states he did at one point in the story. And I remember him trying to strangle her. But I only remember Jared and Kyle striking her. When did Ian?
No I don't believe he struck her I think he was referring to the strangling.
~Brella~
Member EDC, INC: Bulldozer Trainee
Edward prefers brunettes...Emmett likes blonds..but for Ian, the beauty of your soul is all that matters!
Skylar=My twin seperated at birth
Mara Jade Cullen

That was bothering me. Thanks :)
Team Edward
*sworley=)*
Settled in Forks

Ian O'Shea

Post by *sworley=)* »

Ian.....what can I say. I never thought love could be a word I would ever use to describe a character in a book until i read Twilight. and then again when i read The Host! Ian O'Shea is the definition of the man I want, and will never find, the definition of good. His raw passion and love, how he's so open and kind, amazes me. He is gentle and rough, angry and peaceful, the best of both worlds. He shows all traits that are a part of humans and both sides to using them, but its his love and compassion that makes him better than a savage or what the souls think of humans. I just love him, he's amazing and beautiful.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I think it's hot that Ian's Irish. ;)
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
mikkib

Post by mikkib »

Ian was great for being able to see Wanderer for what she was and really get her ( seeing beyond the body ). But, the book didn't go into what he thought of the personality change. I mean, she was shy and giggly. The body thing was odd too, although more acceptable. I just can't Wanderer being all girly and weak and not being able to help out. She was Walks on Beast or something like that. She was tough even in her past lives. I wonder what Ian thought of the choice they had made for her body since he was not involved in making that choice. Do you think he would have picked someone tougher ?
Mara Jade Cullen

I think that Mel and Jamie would have kept in mind what would have worked for Ian.
I think that it would have been an adjustment. But although she was "Rides the Beast" (or something like that), she also was a flower and a docile sea creature as well. I think that the more fragile body probably fit her better than Melanie's hardship-endured body. And Ian (like Edward) strikes me as the kind of guy who like to pamper/spoil his love a bit. He likes the independent spirit that Wanda has. But her new body would cause her to require his help and protection a bit more, which would probably suit him just fine.
Team Edward
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

Yes, I agree. I was totally falling for Jared through Mel's memories. But then, Ian caught my eye and I loved him sooo much more!
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

I don't like Ian better than Jared. I like them both for different reasons.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.