Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Ian/Wanda

Post by WishIWasACullen »

NYCBella wrote: The future of this relationship I think will be a strong one but one thing that has me thinking a lot about is: What will Wanda do when not only her host body but Ian's body become old and fragile? Once Ian has passed away will Wanda keep on living or will she die along side her partner?

Just a thought I had, I don't know if anyone else has brought up this topic, so sorry if I'm being redundent. :D
I don't quite remember but I think it said something about that in the book. Something along the lines of the fact that a soul can either be extracted from the Host and put into a new one upon the previous host's death or can choose to live the remainder of the the host's life and die in the host.

I could be completely wrong about that but I think I remember it saying that....hmmmm.
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

Jaspersgirl43
Settled in Forks

Post by Jaspersgirl43 »

SUCH A CUTE COUPLE, i like them more than edward annd bella, but not as much as jasper and Alice ;)
tallperson
Settled in Forks

Post by tallperson »

i loved these two. i dont know wot it wos about them that just made me feel all warm and fuzzy. maybe its because he did try to kill her and then he fell in love with her or the fact that he is the only one who truely understands her i dont know. i felt realy bad for ian when he had to watch wanda with jared and i was overly happy when they got together. i guess im just a hopless romantic. :lol: if stephenie was to do a sequel to the host i hope its following wanda and her relationship with ian because theres something about them that you just want everything to go right and happily ever after.
'Jasper? What do vampires do for bachelor parties? You're not taking him to a strip club, are you?'
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

I love how Ian was never really mean to Wanda from the start, like Jared, he just didn't like her. But, then as time passed and he spent more time with her, he realized that he really did like her and his feelings grew and we learned to love him. The End. :)

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
AliceC
Learning to Love Green

Post by AliceC »

LOL i don't really know when Ian started being nice to her,
but I know that I'm kind of glad he was mean to her in the beginning, because it would have been sooooo predictable if just all of a sudden he was the only nice guy out of the lot of them. And then you could feel his emotions towards the end, when he felt the regret of what he did to her neck. It made me feel like he loved her more.

You. Are. Not. Leaving. Me. - Ian O'Shea
sydenay
Settled in Forks

Post by sydenay »

<3 Ian and Wanda are amazing together. Yeah, i think he started to love her too when he felt bad for what he did...it's AWESOME that they turned out the way that they did, so in love and such...SO CUTE :)
vampirechick101
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by vampirechick101 »

I love Ian and Wanda. They are fit for eachother. At first i thought that Ian was mean but after a while I realized he regretted what he did so I started to love him! :D They have a weird relationship because I mean they're supposed to be enemies and still they fell in love with eachother.
JACKHAMMER OPERATOR OF THE EDC! EMMETT'S DEMOLITION CREW WOOT WOOT!
Team Rosalie!~ every rose has it's thorns.
Mimi1=My Twi-Twin
You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me- Ian O'Shea<3 *sigh*
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Post by trhmllr »

I agree with so many of you. I won't keep repeating the same things. I loved that they got to be together. I felt for both of them. Wanda struggling with her feelings and the feeling of Mel. Being in Mel's body and her attraction to Jared. It can be to much. And Ian!!! I loved him. It was obvious that he was going to fall for her. He took on the role of her protector, that had to mean he was feeling for her. I would have been very mad if Wanda and Ian didn't end up together.
I love their relationship and glad she got to feel it for herself, instead of through Mel's memories!!!
ImageImage
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

Wow, everyone has such great things to say on this topic that I feel like an idiot posting my own ideas.

I really loved Ian and Wanda. Ian always seemed to really get Wanda and know what she's feeling. I just loved that Ian loved Wanda no matter what she was, whether she was a human or an alien. (You can see me rant and rave about Ian on the Just Ian forum heheh.)

I can compare them to Edward and Bella because one is human and the other is not. In both stories, one of them is a species where they depend on taking the life of other creatures. And also, in the end, love really conquers all no matter what problems occur. That's one of the many reasons why I LOVE Stephenie Meyer's books.

Even though I love Ian and Wanda, there's a haunting question in the back of my mind:
Does ian really love Wanda? What if there was another "female" soul in Melanie's body that found it's way to their hiding place. Wouldn't the soul be like Wanda in how they care about others and the human species if they were in Melanie's body?
I feel SO bad for asking that question but i want to know what other people's takes on that question are.

Thanks for taking the time to read this LONG post,
Love,
*Wanderer*
Last edited by *Wanderer* on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BerAngelVamp
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by BerAngelVamp »

*Wanderer* wrote:
Even though I love Ian and Wanda, there's a haunting question in the back of my mind:
Does ian really love Wanda? What if there was another "female" soul in Melanie's body that found it's way to their hiding place. Wouldn't the soul be like Wanda in how they care about others and the human species if they were in Melanie's body?
I feel SO bad for asking that question but i want to know what other people's takes on that question are.

*Wanderer*

don't feel bad, i kind of wondered the same....the souls aren't exactly "individualized" like humans are....and it's not really that wanderer is more individualized than any other soul, it's that melanie was strong...in turn however, that made wanda become stronger....strange how fate works like that...without melanie, wanda would not have been so empathetic towards humans...but without wanda, melanie may have not been able to exist...and without either of them, ian would not have been able to fall in love with wanda....interesting topic...

anywho, i think their relationship is pretty amazing....not as detailed as e&b's relationship, so we don't really have a hugely comfortable grasp on them....at least, i don't....

my favorite...wanda wasn't sure that ian would like her if he saw the real her (the silver soul/bug) ....he confirmed that he did when he said "i held you in my hand wanderer, and you were so beautiful"....aww. i think they will be very happy together, if wanda can get over her embarassing giggling stage.... :roll: :D
~Amber