Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Ian/Wanda

Post by Alphie »

Use this area to talk about the relationship between Ian and Wanda, both past and future.

When do you think they both really fell in love with the other one?

How do you think they will manage in the future?
bethrose
Settled in Forks

Re: Ian/Wanda

Post by bethrose »

i loved their relationship. i think she fell in love with him when she was in her mourning after she saw the other souls ripped to shreds. when he left she was upset that he was gone. she always loved his presence but couldn't love him because the body she was in wasn't capable of loving any one else but jared. which made it confusing for her.
bethrose
Settled in Forks

Post by bethrose »

when do you think that ian fell in love with wanda? i figured out that he loved her when he looked at her neck and was so remorseful for what he did
Jeminunzi
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Jeminunzi »

i loved their relationship, first of all.

Secondly, i think it was a little predictable that they would fall in love. Especially after he was sorry about what he'd done to her. And it was cemented after he got more than a little ticked off at Jared for trying to hurt her. I'm happy that he came and sat with her after she saw the souls being killed, that definitely furthered their relationship entirely.
Students working in New Media are bored in the summer, I take banner requests! PM me
grbnte
Settled in Forks

Post by grbnte »

I just love that he seemed to completely be able to look at things from her perspective and understand her conflicts (like with him and Jared, humans and Souls etc). He just totally got her like no one else without her even having to say anything. He was able to look past the whole alien thing and just love her for the kind, caring person she was, what she did and what she said being more important than what she looked like. I really loved it when he threatened to double any injury Jared did to her on Jared's own hide----it shocked Wanda and made you know he was very sincere about protecting her, that it wasn't just for Jeb's sake or just out of remorse. The kiss on the head in the hospital after the murder attempt by Kyle was great---I loved that it shocked Jared and Doc! hehehe
Krys [Team Werewolf]
Settled in Forks

Post by Krys [Team Werewolf] »

Oh my god, can I let out a very fan girlish squeal right now?
I am so happy with this pairing and I can't say that I've ever been more happy with the way a book ended....except maybe Twilight, but even comparing it to Twilight, The Host can definately hold its own.

Ian and Wanda...
Ah, what can I say about them?
Wanda is so sweet and caring, and forgiving.
She is the epitome of what a soul is.
Ian...he's seen so much that even at a young age (he's only like what? 25?)
he's experienced everything....except love.
Until Wanda of course.
They really balance each other out the two of them....
I don't know what it is, but the fact that their relationship grew slowly over time from one of hate and fear to love and comfort...I think that's what makes me love Ian/Wanda more than I love Edward/Bella.
Its just so...real, and unbelievable. <3

And I knew Ian loved Wanda when he started just being around her and checking up on her when he didn't really have to. And when he showed remorse for hurting her neck I was like "Its official! Even you Ian know that you're in love!" :D :P :D

Wanda was conflicted but like someone said above me, when Ian stayed with her while she mourned for the loss of the souls she had to realize how much she wanted him to be there with her. =) And that it was HER desire and not Melanie's.

Honestly, the book in general is lovely, and the fact that Ian loves Wanda no matter what form she is in just makes the story all the more beautiful. =)<3
wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by wishingiwasbella »

I think it's an odd relatioship but I like it nontheless, the fact that Ian could look past Melanie's body and love her for who SHE is, what the soul is and does is waht he falls for. I do believe that she loved ian as well but as some one else mentioned she couldn't show the love because of melanies pressence in her body. Also at the end i love how ian never took his eyes off the cansiter thing that wanda was in. He loved the soul's body as much as he loved whatever body she was in. It's an amazing story.
WishIWasACullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by WishIWasACullen »

I loved the Host and this relationship is really what sold me. From the time we met Ian as a character, even when he was frightened and cruel, there was something endearing about him. I would get so frustrated with Melanie when she would freak out whenever he was trying to be sweet to Wanda--as understandable as it is, it still irked me. It's just so hard for me to put into words how amazing this relationship made me feel. Amongst all the hatred and lack of acceptance that Wanda went through it was such a light in the dark. I would like to see a sequel to the Host so we can see how the relationship progresses. And, in all honesty, I don't even necessarily want to know what's happening with Jared and Melanie. I'm fine with just dealing with Ian, Wanda, Jeb and Jamie. Ha :lol:
"Is it not enough… just to have a long and happy life with me?"

"For Now...."

E <3 B

Conzoni al vento

Post by Conzoni al vento »

I think that Ian and Wanda are the best. They are so... opposite but yet exatly the same. It's funny. SM really likes to make those characters fall in love doesn't she? hahaha.
I want more story on both of them!!!
I thought it was so sweet that Ian could love her while everyone else hated her, and she was the ënemy" but he saw past what she was classified as and loved her for how she was as a person. =] It'makes me happy to see that because it gives the world hope that people can fall in love despite their backgrounds
NYCBella
Settled in Forks

Post by NYCBella »

I think that the Wanda/Ian relationship began once he started was nicer to her. I loved this couple and I was rooting for them till the end. The future of this relationship I think will be a strong one but one thing that has me thinking a lot about is: What will Wanda do when not only her host body but Ian's body become old and fragile? Once Ian has passed away will Wanda keep on living or will she die along side her partner?

Just a thought I had, I don't know if anyone else has brought up this topic, so sorry if I'm being redundent. :D