Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Jared and Wanda

Post by maddy<3twilight »

I was really mad at Jared. I HATED his character. He could be so mean. I thought that is was kinda wierd because Jared liked Melanie and Ian liked Wanda and Jamie liked both of them and they were in the same body. So, if you left Wanda in the body Jared would be mad and if you took Wanda out of the body Ian would be mad. But it was a good Idea to put Wanderer in that other girls body. I really thought they would put her in Jodi's body though. ;)
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
lilymo11
Settled in Forks

Post by lilymo11 »

i tried hard to be mad at jared for being so mean to wanda, but i really did understand where he was coming from. for him it was like wanda had murdered melanie and then was walking around wearing her corpse. and even when he realized melanie was in there, he had little hope of ever truly being with her again.

i think that jared did kinda fall in love with wanda... not that it was anything like what he felt for melanie. at the end when wanda is in her new body "Even Jared, who had the least reason for uncertainty, would occasionally meet my confused gaze with a searching one of his own." maybe part of him had eventually accepted that mel and wanda were a package deal and he let himself fall in love with wanda a little bit and when she was separated from mel's body he felt the loss.
DazzleMe4ever
Settled in Forks
Location: On the back of Edward Cullen, running through the wilderness.

Post by DazzleMe4ever »

I really think that Wanda was not in control of her body so she loved jared for a while......until.......*licks lips naughtily*.....IAN! :twisted: :twisted:
Dammit... i got a stain on my eclipse book...*coffee*
"Isabella Swan?" He looked up at me through his impossibly long lashes,his golden eyes soft but, somehow, still scorching. "I promise to love you forever, every single day of forever. Will you marry me?"
*+Edward+*
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Does anybody really remember what changed Jared's feelings of Wanda?
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
ClaudiaCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by ClaudiaCullen »

threethings wrote:Does anybody really remember what changed Jared's feelings of Wanda?
i think it was when he noticed how kind she was and that she wasnt like the other souls. Like the fact that she jumped in front of him when they tried to kill her. I guess also when he realized melanie was still alive inside her.

I personally didnt like jared much. He was crazy lol. I loved Ian the minute he started being nicer. :):)
I like jared with Melanie. Melanie makes him a better person and keeps him sane.
3 perfect men
IAN O'SHEA
EDWARD ANTHONY MASEN CULLEN AND JASPER HALE <333
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

ClaudiaCullen wrote:
threethings wrote:Does anybody really remember what changed Jared's feelings of Wanda?
i think it was when he noticed how kind she was and that she wasnt like the other souls. Like the fact that she jumped in front of him when they tried to kill her. I guess also when he realized melanie was still alive inside her.

I personally didnt like jared much. He was crazy lol. I loved Ian the minute he started being nicer. :):)
I like jared with Melanie. Melanie makes him a better person and keeps him sane.
Oh yeah. Maybe it was also when he saw how much she loved Jamie.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
ClaudiaCullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by ClaudiaCullen »

threethings wrote:
ClaudiaCullen wrote:

Oh yeah. Maybe it was also when he saw how much she loved Jamie.
Yeah and like Jamie had to talk to him to make him be nicer.
Jared has issues lol.
He only noticed how he treated her after Jamie threw a hissy fit lol. I loved that part.
3 perfect men
IAN O'SHEA
EDWARD ANTHONY MASEN CULLEN AND JASPER HALE <333
piemurmom2
Settled in Forks

Post by piemurmom2 »

I think Jared was pretty surprised at what Wanda did to get Melanie back when she disappeared. Wanda was pretty desparate if she would Jared get THAT passionate with her. It would have been easier to just give up and say............"oops, she's gone." I think that was one of the first moments Jared REALLY liked Wanda and admitted that she was not just an "it" anymore.
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

honestly i never really like dthe idea of wanda and jared. i was really into him at the beginning from the memories, but then we met him and it just wouldnt be right if there was something more there then friendship. it would be too weird for him to love the thing that took over his one true loves body. i liked ian from the begining!
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I HATED the bit at the end where she told him to lie to her,the whole time I was screaming, "you love Ian! You love Ian!"

I hated Jared. But that could be because I pictured him as this really horrible guy from my school,no matter how much I tried not to. ;)
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?