Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
omjb_loveydove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Hiding in Taylor Lautner's bushes with my Skank Pack shirt on

Re: The Ending?

Post by omjb_loveydove »

Black wrote:Stephenie Meyer never had any of that at the end of her books.
I'm pretty sure it was some extra stuff at the end of Breaking Dawn. Not including her lil chart of vamps. She definitely advertised her Twilight Saga companion guide....
Screw Jacob Black you say? Why yes. Yes I will. :twisted:
Proud member of the Skank Pack (Taylor's right pec is MINE) and Team Turtle
Dork Squad: The Gaming Guru :geek:
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I wasn't expecting Wanda to die, as she is the main character, but the ending still took me by surprise.
At the very last page of the book I felt like Stephenie Meyer wasn't sure how to end it, and it was a bit of non-ending. The events at the end were very unusual, Wanda was put into a body that was desribed as a child's, yet she is actually 17? That confused me - most 17 year olds don't have short weak fingers, or babyish faces, so I found that a bit weird. It was really sweet when Jamie said that Ian stayed with Wanda whilst the others were looking for a body because he didn't care what body she had, he just wanted to be with her.
I liked the book, and the ending was good too, but it was just unusual.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

-Jasper wrote:That confused me - most 17 year olds don't have short weak fingers, or babyish faces, so I found that a bit weird.
Tch. I don't even look 17 and I'm almost 20, lol.

>.>
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Post by -Jasper »

I know some people look young for their age, but I was picturing in my head a 5 year old - so when we found out that she was 17, I found that strange.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

A five year old? I wonder why everyone thought she was closer to a baby than an adult. I never did. I mean, sure she was small... but some people just aren't very big. I figured she was just a small girl. The Seeker wasn't very big either. Plus, they knew how Wanda and Ian felt about each other. I really doubt they would have chosen a small child's body. They probably knew that she didn't want Ian as a dad XD.
omjb_loveydove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Hiding in Taylor Lautner's bushes with my Skank Pack shirt on

Post by omjb_loveydove »

-Jasper wrote:I know some people look young for their age, but I was picturing in my head a 5 year old - so when we found out that she was 17, I found that strange.
lol i thought the same thing. what made me think that was when Jamie had said something along the lines of Wanda not being that much older than him... or him being older than her now.... something of that sort. The way SM described the body was waaaaaaay 2 youthful
Screw Jacob Black you say? Why yes. Yes I will. :twisted:
Proud member of the Skank Pack (Taylor's right pec is MINE) and Team Turtle
Dork Squad: The Gaming Guru :geek:
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

You have to take into account that Wanda was comparing Pet's body to Mel's. Of course she's going to feel a lot smaller when she's used to being in Melanie's tall, athletic body. I suppose being near Ian didn't make her feel any bigger either, haha.
BellsEdwardalways
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by BellsEdwardalways »

Jaime didn't mention him being older he said that he was taller than her now. Or at least I am sure that's what he said. And I was kind of confused at first when she was describing the way it felt to her I mean the new body. That was because I thought she was describing a young body but I wasn't sure how young and I was also thinking there was no way they would put her in a child's body that would just be um, weird after being in an older body or a twenty year old at least.

It seemed like it was a whole new experience for Wanda being in this new body and it was because it wasn't Melanie's body and that's the only other body for her that we have to compare her new body to or rather that's the only other body she's felt/been in to compare the feeling to her new one.

I have to say that I liked the ending because I had so wanted Wanderer to be with Ian and I wanted Mel to be with Jared and I wanted Jaime to have both. I kept hoping that they could both have bodies or something like that and exist. I think the blank pages before the last chapter were just to indicate some time passing obviously she didn't mark them like SM did in New Moon. Unless of course no one else had those blank pages in their book. I was so glad the Doc didn't listen to her. It's a little weird for me to call him Eustace.

All right I have to go I am going to go see Twilight at the 4 dollar theater with my sister. :D
http://chelseadawn.webs.com/
Banner by Kimmy. Avatar made by Narnia
Banner by threethings
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Doc would've killed her if Jared hadn't stepped in. Bad Doc! I'm surprised no one thought of putting Wanda into an unresponsive host a lot sooner (like before she tried to kill herself), but whatevs.

I want Twilight to come to my $3 theater!!
They were playing Bolt last weekend so maybe this weekend it'll be Twilight!! = D
BellsEdwardalways
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by BellsEdwardalways »

Yeah, but I didn't think of it as him trying to be mean or anything just doing what she asked him to do. I am glad that the others wouldn't let that happen. I don't think Doc really wanted to kill her anyway.

I hope it comes to your theatre soon. It was good to see it again(um, for the fourth time).
http://chelseadawn.webs.com/
Banner by Kimmy. Avatar made by Narnia
Banner by threethings