Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Sunny/Kyle

Post by Black »

He actually did kind of force her to leave. But he felt bad about it and let her come back. Even though he never would have if Jodi had come around.
It's like a dream- no end and no beginning.
BeccalovesEdward
Wandering Through Town

Post by BeccalovesEdward »

I don't think Sunny was whiny and clingy. I think she just wanted to stay with Kyle because she honestly loved Kyle. Her body loved Kyle the same way Mel's body loved Jared, so she was inevitably in love with him too. So, wanting to stay with him wasn't clingy in my book.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Well, technically she was but she had a reason for it, right? :P

Actually, Melanie was never hanging all over Jared and Wanda never hung all over Ian so maybe it was in Sunny's nature to be a little clingy.
Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

I agree with Black. Sunny was clingy but she had a reason for it! I mean, Wanda was scared out of her mind being amongst all the people and she wanted to be there. Sunny didn't want to be there but wanted to be with Kyle so of course she would cling to him. Besides I don't think Kyle minded. It does make me wonder, though, about how different Sunny and Jodi's personalities were.

I loved how protective Kyle was of Sunny and how sweet he was toward her. Not a side of Kyle I ever thought we would see!
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza
Ractor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Ractor »

I think it is even more then that for Kyle, I think that the reason he was so mean and evil is because he felt helpless about the girl he loved. And the reason he changed so much was that because an alien gave him hope that he might save her.

Hope is something that can change anyone, Sunny must have been very close to Jodi in personality because that is the thing that made Kyle care about her so much, he is protective at heart and before he felt like he had failed and now he had a second chance at doing what he felt was his duty.
Ractor - Proud Twiguy
Chef for Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
Gino Dartino "Dart"- Twilight Mafia
(forth Line NINJA)
TheHostTwilightSaga
Settled in Forks

Post by TheHostTwilightSaga »

Yea I guess it was ok for them to be together but I mean at one point I would have wnated Kyle dead but Wanda is too nice and Ian would do whatever she wants and it would be hard for everybody to kill Kyle so at least they all got along at the end. :D
Ractor
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Ractor »

In the end it all worked out, give it time and all things can come together. One of the main points of the books is just that.
Ractor - Proud Twiguy
Chef for Team Alice- Because sometimes it is better to be small.
Gino Dartino "Dart"- Twilight Mafia
(forth Line NINJA)
Jazzy
Learning to Love Green
Location: Vancouver, BC (Where New Moon is being filmed YEAH!!)

Post by Jazzy »

Kyle and Sunny's relationship, even though it was minor compared to the other couples, actually had a BIG impact with me.

Through the whole book, even with all the Mel/Jared, Ian/Wanda love, there were times when I felt something tighten in my chest whenever Wanda longed for Jared. Maybe because it was so IMPOSSIBLE, that made a small part of me root for them. My heart was pounding towards the end when Jared "lied" to Wanda and told her he loved her.

But I knew that would never work, cos Jared and Mel belonged together. But I was still conflicted. It's not fair for the souls, having the hosts memories of their love, their partner, and not being able to do anything about it. Just helplessly loving that person without a choice.

So when Sunny got to "keep" Kyle, it was like a nice replacement. In their own way, the soul finally gets the man it's body craved for. Does that make sense?? :lol:
Team Edward: Cos I love stupid shiny Volvo owners

Private Nichole Silver of Team PG - Jasper's Confederate Army Second Rank
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

i thought it was really interesting to see this side of kyle. *gasp!* he has a loving side!! sunny was an interesting character, but i think she just got in the way. but how vulnersble she acted just killed me!! i was a bit shocked at how ian acted towards them.
Betting on Alice.
Black
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Black »

Jazzy wrote:Kyle and Sunny's relationship, even though it was minor compared to the other couples, actually had a BIG impact with me.

Through the whole book, even with all the Mel/Jared, Ian/Wanda love, there were times when I felt something tighten in my chest whenever Wanda longed for Jared. Maybe because it was so IMPOSSIBLE, that made a small part of me root for them. My heart was pounding towards the end when Jared "lied" to Wanda and told her he loved her.

But I knew that would never work, cos Jared and Mel belonged together. But I was still conflicted. It's not fair for the souls, having the hosts memories of their love, their partner, and not being able to do anything about it. Just helplessly loving that person without a choice.

So when Sunny got to "keep" Kyle, it was like a nice replacement. In their own way, the soul finally gets the man it's body craved for. Does that make sense?? :lol:
Totally.