Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
trhmllr
Learning to Love Green

Re: The Host Movie

Post by trhmllr »

I am super excited. When I read The Host the first time...I knew it needed to be a movie. But like most of you I fear what changes will have to be made in order to make it a movie. I love books and I love movies, but I tend to be disappointed when the two world combine. I have to remind myself that they are seperate and to see the movie as a movie not a different interpratation of the book.
I just now found out it was going to be make into a movie. Now I ask how long are we going to have to wait. I am generally a patient person, but I guess when it comes to books I love becoming movies I am not!!!
Can't wait!!!!
ImageImage
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

I dont know if i wanna see it or not! Im kinda nervous because i enjoyed reading it so much that I dont want anyone else playing the characters in my head! lol it was kinda like that for me in twilight as well.. but i ended up liking them so i dont know yet - I love that the host is more sci-fi so there are gonna be a ton of special creey effects and things. Quite exciting!
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

trhmllr wrote:I am super excited. When I read The Host the first time...I knew it needed to be a movie. But like most of you I fear what changes will have to be made in order to make it a movie. I love books and I love movies, but I tend to be disappointed when the two world combine. I have to remind myself that they are seperate and to see the movie as a movie not a different interpratation of the book.
I just now found out it was going to be make into a movie. Now I ask how long are we going to have to wait. I am generally a patient person, but I guess when it comes to books I love becoming movies I am not!!!
Can't wait!!!!
agreed!! i really wanna know when its supposed to come out!! itll be an awesome movie! does anyone think it will motivate some more of the twilight fans to read the host as well, because it doesnt get as much attention as the twilight series. :?:
Betting on Alice.
Oh-Marvelous-Things
Settled in Forks

Post by Oh-Marvelous-Things »

Jazzy'sgirl112108 wrote:
agreed!! i really wanna know when its supposed to come out!! itll be an awesome movie! does anyone think it will motivate some more of the twilight fans to read the host as well, because it doesnt get as much attention as the twilight series. :?:
I hope it does - I love geeking out and having discussions with my friends about Twilight. I couldn't have done that 3 years ago. Hopefully, I'll be able to geek out with them about The Host soon!
For the latest news on The Host movie, novel, and sequels, visit...
TheHostFan.com
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Have there been any updates about the progress of The Host movie?! Anyone know a good Host site that is covering?
I'm so excited and want so news! :D
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
nezziecarlycullen
Learning to Love Green

Post by nezziecarlycullen »

im very excited about the movie. I hope it is as good as the book and they dont mess it up.
Im re-reading the host right now. Being 11 there arestill things i dont compleatley get and i hope the movie will help me clear those things up.
-ncc
alices party planing comittie
~EDC~
team renesmee
Rae Cullen
Settled in Forks

Post by Rae Cullen »

I'm really excited for the Host Movie, I mean Stephenie Meyer likes the people that are working on the movie so I think it will be really good....I hope. I just thought of something... if Breaking Dawn is made into a movie, all the books Stephenie Meyer has written will all be movies! Is there any other authors that has had all there books made into movies?
"No one ever bets against Alice...except the wolves."Image Image
rainbowcrayon
Wandering Through Town

The Host Movie

Post by rainbowcrayon »

nezziecarlycullen wrote:I hope it is as good as the book and they dont mess it up.
Yeah, that is basically my worry. It was such a fabulous book, I am convinced they will completely murder the movie version. After all, so much of it takes place in the combined "head" of Melanie and Wanda that all of those conversations would be difficult to transalate to the screen.
But, being the fan that I am, I will likely end up spending my money on it anyway.
If you're not really here, I don't want to be either. I want to be next to you.
black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold, black and gold.
Oh-Marvelous-Things
Settled in Forks

Post by Oh-Marvelous-Things »

roseaurora wrote:Have there been any updates about the progress of The Host movie?! Anyone know a good Host site that is covering?
I'm so excited and want so news! :D

I used to be all over The Host Index (http://www.thehostindex.net/), but sadly, their forum is missing! I don't know what has become of it. A couple of good Host Novel/Movie fansites are:

http://community.livejournal.com/the_host_novel/
http://community.livejournal.com/thehost_movie/
http://thehostfan.com/
http://community.livejournal.com/host_graphics/

I am incredibly excited as well!
For the latest news on The Host movie, novel, and sequels, visit...
TheHostFan.com
TheHostTwilightSaga
Settled in Forks

Re: The Host Movie OMG!!!!!

Post by TheHostTwilightSaga »

When I heard this news I jumped for joy but I was liek noooo Ian is me please don't make it.............. CRY CRY I wanna know when they do casting they should come to Canada............ Toronto in particular............. :D