Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: The Host Movie

Post by Twilight<3 »

The girlie-wolf wrote:Ugh... It means it's going to be in Cinema in 2012... :(
I would rather them spend years on making this movie brilliant, rather than getting it out there for the fans to make a franchise. Filmmakers know there are quite a few fans of the novel and, no matter how sh-tty it is, they will still go see it. I pray this movie will be better than how the Twilight movies are going, even if that means the movie will come out in 2015.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

I guess you are right... I'd rather have it amazing. But I'm not sure if in 2014 I'll wtill love this book so much.
The Twilight movies are okay. Eclipse was incredible but Twilight was aweful...
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

That's very true. However, there was a point when I absolutely loved the Twilight series. About two years later, the Twilight movies came out and, by that point, I couldn't stand the Twilight saga. I hated the books, but I still thoroughly enjoyed the movie as any fan would because there was a time when it was my favorite book. So, I'm sure you will love the movie just as much if it came out tomorrow or in two years. And, since you mentioned it, yes, the movies are okay. They are increasingly getting better as they come out with each movie but they could never be compared to movies like Titanic, Children of Men, V for Vendetta, and so on. While Eclipse was definitely the best of the three, it was still just okay, in my opinion. It just jumped all over the place and had poor acting. But this isn't a Twilight movie discussion thread, haha, so I'll just stop talking about it.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Haha I'm a twihard only a year now so I don't what will happen. But I know that I'm not very obsessed now but I still love the books. The movies-less.
You hate the books? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Well, I guess...
Yeah, of course. I will never even dare to compare between them. It's a fan movie after all, not a large scale acadamy award winning movie.
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Haha, I just don't like the books because I think they are far too overrated. I read them when I was in eighth grade and I loved them then and through freshman year. Then, during my sophomore year, everyone heard a movie was coming out so everyone ran to get the books and that's ALL I heard about sophomore, junior, and now, I'm sure, senior year. It's a good story, yes. It's captivating. But in no way is it a true work of literature. Stephenie Meyer is an awful writer (in The Host, however, she actually proved she could write a little) and the story of Twilight is not unique or original in anyway. It's a work of Meyer's sex fantasy. Bella is not only a mary sue, but she is Stephenie Meyer. No normal teenager would act as Bella does. Then, her love for Edward is so superficial. All I hear her say is how beautiful he is with ten thousand synonyms for dazzling. I'll stop there, though.

You should really watch this kid on YouTube who reads Twilight by chapter. It's absolutely hysterical and he gets it so spot-on. That's just my two cents worth, though! And usually if I say anything bad about the books on the lex, I get yelled at and kicked out of threads, so I just want to say I am in no way trying to convince you not to like it. I'm not trying to take a hit at Stephenie Meyer. This is just my honest opinon about the books and I respect yours to like the books full-heartedly.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Wow... okay I have to respond to that.
I really don't get why do you hate it. I hate that so many people are in love with the series just because it is popular but I don't care about that.
I agree about Bella- She is very superficial. I hate her charecter- she is shallow, whining, annoying and not a normal teenager in any way. I don't know if it is related to SM or not. I thinkt that SM CAN write. She has done and amazing job (I think at least) with The Host and with SOME of the Twilight books too. She can write. What you are saying is that it is not high litrature. And you are right, it is not. It is a teenage normal book- but what I love about it is how she explains everyhting. How she describes. I feel like I'm in the book and I'm not swept into many books- I'm very picky. And the story is not that orginal but it takes alot from different world- the high litrature is mentioned, there are humans and love and werewolves and vamps. I think that SM can write and this is why everybody loves it. but it's not a high class book, just a normal teenage passing series.

That's what I think, anyways. People hate it and they can. But I hate when people are super vocale about it. I don't like Justin Biber but I don't shout it in the streets.
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

I don’t hate it because it’s popular; I’m saying it’s overrated. You know, I really liked it when I was younger but as people became more and more vocal about it and absolutely obsessed over the series, I realized how it wasn’t actually that great of a novel. Granted, I am one of those people who hate to be mainstream and I like to be a few steps ahead of everyone, so that could play a role in what changed my opinion of Twilight.

Stephenie Meyer isn’t the first author to “explain everything” though and there are dozens of other authors who do a much better job than her (i.e. Ian McEwen with Atonement). She writes things like, “the sun was in the wrong place in the sky.” (I don’t know where it is in the book). Then where the hell was it? It’s just ridiculous writing. She doesn’t write grammatically correct sentences and is known for making up words occasionally. Not to mention, the characters are completely unrealistic.

I think people love it because this is written by a woman who dreamt of the perfect guy and he says all the right things. All the time, I see people talking about how they want to find their own Edward, or I read on FML once that some guy’s girlfriend broke up with him because she was “looking for her Edward.” It’s completely ridiculous and I can almost guarantee you there is no such man out there like Edward. I don’t like how it has transformed girls and stuck them in this dream world. Teenage girls don’t look at this piece of work like literature; they see it as an escape to a great story. Of course, not all fans believe this and I am certainly not trying to generalize the whole fan base, but this is usually what I see.

You also have to understand the road goes both ways. Twilight fans are extremely vocal and in your face a lot. So why can’t those who don’t like it reply back to them with reasons of their dislike? I don’t go around saying I dislike the series until I am either asked or I am justified in saying it. I don’t randomly go around saying I hate it. However, if there is a fan loud in my face shouting how much they love the series and Edward, I will just say I’m not the biggest fan of the series. They express their opinion, I will express mine.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Yes you do. The popularity made you hate it. I know what you mean. I don't understand the fanatic people. Tose who will jump off a cliff to get an autograph and it is not that good of a novel. Tottally agree. And I hate to be main stream and I love to be ahead of everyone. But if has nothing to do with the book itself. I love it! It is not my life but i still love it... really love it.

Yeah, I guess. but I love her way of explaining. And I can't get every book you've got there in the Us or the UK or something. I live in Isreal- it's tiny, everything is translated and there is not a huge choice in these kind of books. I read Twilight in English when I was in the US and now it's here of course but what I'm trying to say is- the translatons are ruining books so I don't really know too many books that makes me wanna be part of that world.

I think that SM can make me really picture everything. I know there are alot of authers like that but it doesn't lessen the fact that she can as well.

This IS really ridiculous, I agree. But you don't hate the book, you hate the fans. The fact that it has become a "dream". I know there is no Edward and I don't like Edward that much. I love Jacob and he IS out there, I gurenttee that. And what is bad with an escape to a big story? I love escaping through books to other places. Books is a chance to run away to things that you don't have to deal with. And when I had a hard time I loved enduring everything in and think of Twilight. To read twilight and that is my way to escape things. I seriously don't see what is wrong with that. I can do the same with the Hosy, with VD and with Wuthering hights for that matter. It helps knowing there are people with larger problems- even if they don't exist.

And I don't get the vocal ones too. They can be vocal and you can be vocal. but there are alot of twilight haters groups online for example and groups for Twilight. Fans can do whatever they want but why do the haters have to stick their nose and complain and make groups of their own? the Twilight fans don't hurt anyone. They love what they love. that is all
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Trust me, I think I know why I hate it. The popularity may have pushed me to hate it but it’s not the reason I dislike the series. It just got me to realize that it wasn’t that great. The more people talked about it, the more I questioned it. When I went back to look at the series, to really look at the books, I realized everything I didn’t want to see before. I love Harry Potter and that is an EXTREMELY popular book/movie. So popularity really doesn’t define my reason for dislike. It didn’t make me hate it because I can like a lot of things that are popular or mainstream.

Oh wow, okay then I can definitely understand your reasoning there. When you can’t really find many books, I can definitely see why you love Twilight so much. I am exposed to a lot of books through friends or English class, so it’s easy for me to find books that I love that are something other than Twilight.

Again, not true. I don’t like the books OR the fans. The fans aren’t what made me dislike the book, and the book isn’t what made me dislike the fans. They are two separate entities that are linked but I have my reasons for disliking both that are completely separate reasons. But I really don’t like any fan girl, so it’s not so much the Twilight fan base as every teenage girl fan base. It just bothers me for the escape because I escaped into this book so I could run from my problems or the hard things in my life. I did that for about a year and a half, maybe even for two years. Once I finally put the book down, I finally faced my problems and was finally able to live my life. People are closing their eyes to the world to see the world of Twilight.

I’m not entirely sure why haters make groups and forums. Maybe it’s just to be heard, to have discussions about the book where they won’t feel judged. Because, I will say, here on the lex, I feel as if people have to fit a certain mould to fit in here. I’ve been on the TwilightSucks forum and everyone there is extremely intelligent and is so accepting. It’s just nice to have an actual discussion (like this one) where one fan or one hater doesn’t get all emotional and irrational during the discussion. So I don’t think they make the forums out of pure hatred, but just a place where they can actually discuss the book, rather than praise the book.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

No, i didn't mean THAT. I don't like HP so much....and it has nothing to do with popularity. But how people act annoyed you and the exterme behavior was so insane that you thought that it was not that great and not that worth it. That's what I understood. And I get you and I don't understand these twihards but they can do whatever they want and I dont care. I love the saga but I'm not fanatic. The saga is not great and probably people won't remember it in 50 years- but people enjoy it now and that's what is improtant.

haha yeah. I have books but not good ones and the good ones are translated and I love reading in English. I'm still waiting for the hunger games. I oredered it 3 months ago. -sigh*

Twilight is not a way to live in another world and not a way to escape problems. It's a way that if it is hard you can escape and then be calm enough to handle your problems. If you run to the books it doesn't mean you escape commitment or problems. The ones that actually think they live with Edward and Bella or whatever are delousinal. It's like in Paramore's song- Brick by boring brick: She lives in a fairytale somewhere too far for us to find.
Now I run to music when I have a hard time and I need to calm down. Everyone has their own place to run to when they are scared, alone, upset. Some people it's music, some people it's friends or familiy and some people it's books.

Of course you will be judged here if you hate the saga and judge it and call it SM's sex dream here. It's a twi fan furom, not the opposite. I love talking to haters and talk to them like this-pros and cons and all but I'm me. People get really emotional about things they love.
And this is not nice, you know? That people there are extremely intelligent and so accepting and here, what? Everyone are stupid? Thank you very much ;}