Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Ian Casting Thread

Post by Openhome »

Wasn't Ian a large man? I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be physically strong and built. Unless he works out a lot, Jake doesn't really look like a buff guy.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Yep, he is supposed to be tall and muscular, with black hair (I guess they can die it), fair skin, and blue eyes. Jake couldn't get a whole lot more different from that description. But, was SM involved in the casting? If she was, I will trust her judgement, since they are HER characters, and she must see something in him that we don't.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

A lot of the actors cast as the Cullens didn't look much like them, either, though. Maybe they'll make him up to look a bit more like Ian, or maybe they won't be too concerned with the physical as much as how much he is like Ian in character. I do understand that he was planning to bulk himself up a bit for the role.
Songbird

Post by Songbird »

Yeah, and Taylor lautner was skinny and small....and I still think he did a great job as Jacob Black. I'm hoping this guy will grow on us. I guess we'll see. I don't see a thread for it, but do we know who will play Pet?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I'm not sure they'll be revealing that just yet. It will probably be a difficult casting decision. Her role in this one is miniscule, but, if there's a sequel, she will be required to do some decent acting in them. Who do they cast? Someone to just get them by, or someone who can carry on in future movies, if they come to pass?
Songbird

Post by Songbird »

That's why I wonder...her part in THIS on is miniscule, but it's extremely important. Whomever they cast has to be able to portrait the true nature of a beautiful and beloved soul...that will be hard. It will be interesting to see, though.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Yes, she will probably also have to pay attention to how Wanda is portrayed by the girl who is playing Mel, so that she can bring some of that to her performance, so she may be required to be on set for more than her own scenes.