Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Oh-Marvelous-Things
Settled in Forks

Re: Ian Casting Thread

Post by Oh-Marvelous-Things »

bored by the sea wrote:hm i dont know he still doesnt really fit the bill for how i picture ian when i read the book
I agree, but I kind of prefer the fact that his face is more or less unknown, as opposed to others that are really well known (cough cough Somerhalder cough).
For the latest news on The Host movie, novel, and sequels, visit...
TheHostFan.com
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

yeah true i would rather it was someone unknown as well but my inner fangirl squeeas at the prospect of somerhalder as ian :lol:
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Total Twilight Fan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Total Twilight Fan »

Right, so what everyone wants for Ian, is someone who looks like Ian Somerhalder but it doesn't have to nessasarily be him? So maybe Ian can be Ian, and then some Ian look-alike can be Kyle. :D
::Team Jasper & Paul::
Sometimes life brings miracles, it brought me Twilight.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

^^^^ :lol: yeah i guess so ha ha
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Ina EssBe
Wandering Through Town

Post by Ina EssBe »

I’m very sorry, ladies, but I disagree with Ian Somerhalder as Ian… Don’t get me wrong, Somerhalder is beautiful and sexy and his eyes send my thoughts to a different dimension, but he carries himself in that ‘I-know-I’m-gorgeous-sexy-and-I-will-use-it’ kind of way….arrogant, cocky and dangerous… And maybe he can do the ‘deep-caring-thoughtful-and-selfless’ but somehow I don’t think he’ll be able to pull it off convincingly. Ian in the Host is beautiful but he doesn’t use it as an advantage, his ‘sexy’ lies in the way he treats Wanda. I know many will disagree, but personally for me, Jared Padalecki is the man for the job – he’s very attractive but he doesn’t have that arrogance and edge… picture him with the appropriate hair colour and blue contacts…………oh my! just thinking about it, makes my inner animal growl :oops: :D :P ;)

And as for Kyle -Channing Tatum would be very suitable because he and Padalecki have some similar features :)

Ina
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Ina EssBe wrote:He carries himself in that ‘I-know-I’m-gorgeous-sexy-and-I-will-use-it’ kind of way….arrogant, cocky and dangerous… And maybe he can do the ‘deep-caring-thoughtful-and-selfless’ but somehow I don’t think he’ll be able to pull it off convincingly.
While you see that cockiness in his characters (such as Boone from Lost or Damon from The Vampire Diaries), from the interviews I have seen, in real life he actually seems more like the 'deep-caring-thoughtful-and-selfless' person we know Ian (from the book) as. Ian Somerhalder seems like such a sweetheart too (who loves to save stray animals and is a big environmentalist) so I could definitely see him playing Ian. He just tends to play the sexy role so that's how we see him.
BeccalovesEdward
Wandering Through Town

Post by BeccalovesEdward »

Matt Bomer as Ian. Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes........YES!!!!!!!!!!! He has the perfect look and is a great actor to boot. He can act so sensitive as any one who has seen White Collar knows.
TwiHardPotterFan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by TwiHardPotterFan »

Don't anyone hate me but I always picture Kellan Lutz as Ian
Image Image
mainhoonemily
Wandering Through Town

Post by mainhoonemily »

So now that we know who'll be playing Ian...is anyone else as disappointed as I am?

I mean, there's a part of me that's saying, "Stay calm, give him a chance, Stephenie herself said that Jake and Saoirse have great chemistry, maybe it won't be so bad..."

But the bigger part of me is screaming, "THIS IS WHO YOU GOT TO PLAY IAN? SERIOUSLY???"

I don't know, maybe everyone else thinks he's attractive, but I just think he's goofy-looking. And I wanted someone with black hair, like in the book. Oh, and someone hot.
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

You're not the only one who is disappointed. I agree, he looks goofy. But then, people were disappointed with Rob Pattinson as Edward Cullen at first and now he's well accepted in that role. So who knows...maybe he'll be better than we think?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ