Discussion of the novel, The Host

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl, cullengirl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Alphie
Blame me for everything

The New Chapter

Post by Alphie »

The new paperback version of the Host has a new chapter that takes place when Wanda has been removed from Mel's body and shows Mel waking up and getting reacquainted with her body and the people around her. Personally, this didn't go far enough to catch the scene that I was hoping to see, but it did deliver some interesting moments. I was hoping to see the point where Ian actually help Wanda in his hands, and that wasn't there. But what it does show is Ian seeing Mel's body and knowing with one look that she is Mel and not Wanda. I loved that moment! Just the fact that he knew right away from her movement and personality that she wasn't the one he loved made him that much more endearing to me. Sigh... I wish I had an Ian of my own.
Oh-Marvelous-Things
Settled in Forks

Re: The New Chapter

Post by Oh-Marvelous-Things »

The New Chapter. Wow. I am so sad that Hachette (sp?) Book took the PDF version of it off of their website, because I only got to read through it once. It gave me a lovely little Host fix.
As amazing as it was (Ian's startled reaction to seeing Mel, Ian asking Mel if Wanderer really loved him, Mel punching Jared, etc), I too was hoping that we'd be able to see what happens right after Wanderer went under. How quickly did Jared come to the rescue with his knife? What sort of conversation was there?

I mean, though, as far as a bonus chapters go, it was quite excellent! Can't wait for the movie. Or sequels.
For the latest news on The Host movie, novel, and sequels, visit...
TheHostFan.com
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

This might be a silly question but is the new chapter for the next book in the trilogy?
Banner by TammyAZ
Oh-Marvelous-Things
Settled in Forks

Edwards Ragazza wrote:This might be a silly question but is the new chapter for the next book in the trilogy?
Nope, it takes place between Chapters 58 and 59. It is from Mel's point of view, so it begins with her remembering Wanderer's decision to die. Also, it was beautiful.
TheHostFan.com
aussiesgrl
Settled in Forks

Post by aussiesgrl »

i need to read this. ive read host 13 times (i know. but its my favorite) so i really need this new chapter
Oh-Marvelous-Things
Settled in Forks

aussiesgrl wrote:i need to read this. ive read host 13 times (i know. but its my favorite) so i really need this new chapter
I recommend it! Unfortunately, its no longer available online, but you could just read it in the bookstore if you don't want to buy a whole new copy.
TheHostFan.com
saw93
Wandering Through Town

Post by saw93 »

i just finished the host and the bonus chapter last night. It was amazing. The bonus chapter really let us get to know mell more. I didn't know that she love wanderer with such passion. i didn't know it was nearly enough to puch jared which she claimed she could never do. And it was nice to see Ian's vulnerability and how he questioned if wanderer really loved him. I think that the Bonus chapter was amazing and i recomend it also!!
You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours." ~ Edward Cullen Eclipse