Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mrsedwardcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Midnight Sun Chapter 1

Post by mrsedwardcullen »

I am SO excited for Midnight Sun. I absolutely loved reading things through Edward's point of view. I will absorb anything and everything there is about him! It's amazing to get a peek into how his amazing mind works.
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenni_elyse »

Poor Stephenie! :cry:
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
K-Dawg

Post by K-Dawg »

Yeah, Poor Stephenie.. But also poor us! Now if we have longer to get Midnight Sun! That was the only hope for keeping me sane!! What if we don't get it at all :shock: :cry:
Why didn't I just walk away?
Oh Right, Because i'm an idiot!
Tamalyn

Post by Tamalyn »

EDIT - I was unaware of the new developments when I wrote this. The news makes me feel sad, and almost hollow. I am seriously embarassed that my reading of the leaked chapters had such a negative impact.
Poor Steph.

I know we'll still get it. I really doubt that her publishers would delay the release because of the whole '12-chaper' ugly experience.

I (abashedly) admit I couldn't resist reading the alleged chapters once I started. (and no, i'm not giving anyone the link). I think they're legit, but really, they only made me absolutely CRAVE to have the book in its glorious entirety released. Its like a super-good movie trailer; there really is no such thing as bad publicity, and this proves it.

mods
- if this kind of post is not ok, I understand if you have to remove it. I tried not to be spoiler-ish or rumor-ish.
Last edited by Tamalyn on Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
melting into you
Learning to Love Green

Post by melting into you »

just read on her site it was leaked and she isn't going to do the book. She put the rough draft on her site, whatever amount of pages it was, but I can't seem to download it. If anyone can, can you PM me with it or maybe copy and paste it for me? I'm so sad. I thought we'd at least have one last book on the saga and this one I couldn't wait for. Whoever did it, ruined it for the rest.

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnightsun.html

I feel so bad for her. I'm not a published writer, but I've written 2 novels and know the effort that is put into it. You can't get it back when you go to re-write it.
melting into you
Learning to Love Green

Post by melting into you »

wanted to add it was Stephenie who put the link up for MS since it was leaked. I wasn't asking for any illegal link. I just couldn't get her link to work and was curious what she wrote. If it's chapters 1-12 my heart breaks for her and us. :( She put a lot of work into it. Hopefully in time the sting will let up and she'll resume.
menner
Wandering Through Town

Post by menner »

Tamalyn wrote:EDIT - I was unaware of the new developments when I wrote this. The news makes me feel sad, and almost hollow. I am seriously embarassed that my reading of the leaked chapters had such a negative impact.
Poor Steph.

I know we'll still get it. I really doubt that her publishers would delay the release because of the whole '12-chaper' ugly experience.

I (abashedly) admit I couldn't resist reading the alleged chapters once I started. (and no, i'm not giving anyone the link). I think they're legit, but really, they only made me absolutely CRAVE to have the book in its glorious entirety released. Its like a super-good movie trailer; there really is no such thing as bad publicity, and this proves it.

mods
- if this kind of post is not ok, I understand if you have to remove it. I tried not to be spoiler-ish or rumor-ish.
FYI: She is no longer under any contract, so she has the right to put if off indiffently or not finish it at all.

I don't blame her. They've taken her baby and exposed it. I'd be really upset too.

I want to read her official verison now. I hope that she doesn't stop with it.

Side Note: After reading blogs, articles, watching YouTube, and going to the Midnight Party, I have to say her fan base is very fanatical. Its cool to be devoted, nut when lines are crossed (the leak) then we as Twilighters need to stop. We need to look at ourselves and at Stephenie Meyer. We need to have more respect for Meyer and her work. I really believe that we need to start behaving ourselves more so out of respect ot Stephenie.
"I'll meet you in the water"
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Post by vegasn8ive »

I think we need to remember that the person to blame for this is the person who leaked it. It's uncool of her fans to pass it around like they did but blaming them for this is like blaming everyone who slips on the banana peel instead of the one who put it on the floor to begin with.
nads
Settled in Forks

Post by nads »

now i'm ashamed of my self. i read the leaked one though i wasn't intended to read it before. my friend gave me the link. i hope SM will get over this issue soon then she can write MS again... i really want to read the complete MS.. not just the partial draft she released on her site. i'll be patience waiting for that..
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Post by vegasn8ive »

She also posted the partial playlist for Midnight Sun on her site, if anyone is interested.