Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jenni_elyse
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Midnight Sun Chapter 1

Post by jenni_elyse »

At first when I read Stephenie's comment, I took it as her never finishing Midnight Sun. However, she said indefinitely, not never. This means she could come back to it if she decides. I think we just need to remember how we would feel if something like this happened us. We just need to give her time, love, and support!
:: My Blog (Comments Welcome) :: My Shelfari Shelf ::
princess_sparkle
Settled in Forks

Post by princess_sparkle »

I really hope she does continue and publish Midnight Sun. But I understand that she would need time as it must have been so upsetting for her to have months of work leaked without her permission. I admire her decision to post up the draft legally though, so that her fans don't have to either resist temptation or read it illegally.
grbnte
Settled in Forks

Post by grbnte »

All I can say is that all my thoughts are with Stephenie as she has to make her way through this now difficult time. How anyone could violate her trust and her rights, both as a friend and writer. . . . I don't think I will ever understand that. I wish her the best as she spends well deserved time with her family and good luck on the other work she is going to focus on. Guessing that means a sequel to The Host (that's the only good thing that might come out of this).

Here's to the hope that one day we will all have the satisfaction of Midnight Sun sitting published and bound on our bookshelves right next to Twilight, where it belongs. And that this will become a distant memory that will not tarnish the love Stephenie obviously has for Bella and Edward.

She said in her Entertainment Weekly interview that when she was done with Midnight Sun she would probably only sell it so she could have it bound with the others on her shelf. Or that she might just publish it on her site. And now for her hand to have been pushed in this way. . .

She also said about all the negativity that can come from writing, "I don't know if it will be worth putting the stories out there forever." To that Stephenie, I have to say, that to all of us who have come to love your characters and stories as much as you, we believe that the world is a better place for having your creation, your art out there. And that IS worth it! God Bless you Stephenie and know that you have our love and support!
mrsedwardcullen
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Midnight Sun Chapter 1 -- First Sight

Post by mrsedwardcullen »

I was so sad to hear about what happened with Midnight Sun, but what made me even more sad was knowing how Stephenie was hurt by it. I hope she knows how much we all care about her and send our best wishes her way!
"You're awfully small to be so hugely irritating."
— Edward
RussetRose♥
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by RussetRose♥ »

When I first read from Eddie's point of view I was shocked. You don't get to really know how he feels until you read from his point of view. It was soooo amazing! :)

"Did you know, you're sort of beautiful?"
"You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?"
menner
Wandering Through Town

Post by menner »

Big Rumor on Facebook and YouTube. After all the fan support, Stephenie Meyer has decided to finish Midnight Sun now. I don't know if its true or false, so I asked on Request a Topic. It would be so awesome if it was true.
"I'll meet you in the water"
menner
Wandering Through Town

Post by menner »

menner wrote:Big Rumor on Facebook and YouTube. After all the fan support, Stephenie Meyer has decided to finish Midnight Sun now. I don't know if its true or false, so I asked on Request a Topic. It would be so awesome if it was true.
Ok, so I know I'm going myself, but I got an answer to the rumor. Not true. Sorry.
"I'll meet you in the water"
pixiephish
Settled in Forks

Post by pixiephish »

A friend of mine made a group on facebook called "Beg Stephenie to finish Midnight Sun" -- It's just for fun to see how many people will join and if Stephenie might notice, I guess. I know she already knows how her fans feel about it, but if we go there and tell her how much we love her.. I don't know.

If you think it's a good idea, join the group and pass this link around:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=61082535920
If not, that's okay too.
edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover »

all I have to say is thank goodness twilight came out first. Edward sounds so scary in that first chapter *shudders* not my wonderful overprotective Eddie =]
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3
BrandOfHeroine
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by BrandOfHeroine »

That first chapter was amazing, and I thought it was quite funny how Edward looked at things so differently like the school being a "purgatory".