Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
JasperRocks3000
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Midnight Sun - The 12 Chapters

Post by JasperRocks3000 »

I loved It after reading Midnight Sun i realized a lot of things like how Edward although i still he was stupid for leaving her ,really truly believed that him leaving would allow her to have a safe sort of normal happy life . how he got to the conclusion she could be happy without him i don't know.

I also got to see the full extent of how much Jasper loved Alice because he was willing to start a war with the werewolves and Edward to keep Alice safe from the Volturi.
tonna
Settled in Forks

Post by tonna »

I would like to say that I found the Midnight Sun link by accident - I finally got around to reading it and like the rest of the Twilight Saga, once I started reading I could not stop until I finished the entire thing. I just wished I would have read the 12 chapters before watching the movie because it seems like Robert was more in tuned with this version of Edward than the Twilight version. I really hope Ms. Stephinie finds the determination to finish Edward's version of Twilight. With that being said, I really hope this violation hasn't discouraged Ms. Stephanie and driven Edward away.
revrag
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by revrag »

After I read all four books, I found Midnight Sun on Stephanie's Website. I read her reasoning for not finishing the book and how very forgiving she seemed to be about the whole situation and person(s) involved in this horrible tragedy. She seems, naturally, guarded about the whole thing. I appreciated her math analogy and better understood her reasoning for not finishing it.

That being said, I feel that Edward's side of the story, whether Stephanie wishes it to or not, nearly demands to be told. I did, after much thought, decide to read what she had available. I regret not that choice.

Midnight Sun is so very good, excellent even...despite the fact that it was a rough draft. It made me appreciate Twilight even more than I already did. I read parts of them together and it's brilliant.

A huge part of me wants to just say suck it up. It's a tough break, but I mean, come on...we're dying here! This is just too good to leave undone.
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

It was really really good. I read it when I had a couple days off from school, and was surprised how much more sense Twilight made after reading the few chapters.

This seems to be the Edward that was seen in the film, but the only ones that could possible see that are the ones that have read the partial draft. It is nice to know what is going on in Edward's head, and how he feels about some of the others in the school.

The one part I really loved was when he looked into Angela's mind and saw she didn't want any material goods. She just wanted her family to be happy and safe, and wanted Ben. It was so nice of Em and Edward to help the couple get together. It was so sweet.
Putty009
Settled in Forks

Post by Putty009 »

I loved Midnight Sun, for the parts giving more detail into Edwards thought process but I also really enjoyed reading the dialogue between the Cullen family. How Esme and Carlilse were so happy that Edward had found someone to make him happy, how Alice kept pressuring him to meet her b/c she knew they'd be friends eventually and how she knew how Bella could be Edwards one true love, if he didn't kill her, way toward the beginning of the book.

but ya, the Cullen family dialogue was wonderful, plus Edward redeveloping his humanity along with her was beautiful.
twilight1909
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by twilight1909 »

Even though I knew it would come to an end all too soon, my heart broke when I read the last page of the draft. Getting into Edward's thoughts and seeing the story from his POV is truly amazing. You can fully appreciate his love and self-control. MS is already my favorite of the series! I really wanted it to get to the meadow scene, but oh well... Here's to hoping for its publication!!! *crosses fingers*

:arrow: Some of my favorite quotes:

Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify creating the entire world.

The angel formed Bella in such a fashion that there was no way I could possibly overlook her. A ridiculously potent scent to demand my attention, a silent mind to inflame my curiosity, a quiet beauty to hold my eyes, a selfless soul to earn my awe.

"Why won't you leave me alone?"
"Believe me," I wanted to say. "I've tried."
"Oh, and also, I'm wretchedly in love with you."
Keep it light.

"Well, look at me."
I was looking. All I ever did was look at her. What did she mean?

After all, it didn’t really matter if I left, because Bella could never see me the way I wished she would. Never see me as someone worthy of love. Never.
Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would.
"Edward." she mumbled softly.
She was dreaming of me.
Could a dead, frozen heart beat again? It felt like mine was about to.

And, by the way, I adore you...in frightening, dangerous ways.

Like a stalker. An obsessed stalker. An obsessed, vampire stalker. (stalk ME!) :D

MEGA SWOON :!: :!:
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb… What a lucky lamb.
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
shawniegore
Learning to Love Green

Post by shawniegore »

Sooooooooooooo glad I found this forum!! *goes off to back-thread*

cullensallovamybinda
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Owning the candy store. Watching *drooling* over Emmetts BonBon's with Shannon!! :P yumm<3

Post by cullensallovamybinda »

peronaly i think if she finished "dark high moon" :roll: it would be better than twi... i would love to read the medow scene and the scene where he has to suck out the venom.. that would be a hard piece to write... props to steph if she does...
FrontLoaderTrainee~EDC.INC lets break down some houses
The Red Jell-O Reinforcementsvs.Emmett's Undiesvs.The Cotton Candy Revolutionists Jell-O Wars of '09
KAT IS MY TWI TWIN
cherylveenc
Settled in Forks

Post by cherylveenc »

after reading this 12 chapters
i already preferred Midnight Sun over Twilight
Edward's P.O.V. is much more intense and interesting than Bella's
and he really thinks so much more..
i felt its truly romantic that he kept the lemonade lid
im so sad if its never going to be published..
i hope she will release it at least next year.. i could wait
shawniegore
Learning to Love Green

Post by shawniegore »

Yep. Even though it's only in draft form, Midnight sun is BY FAR my favorite book in the series.