Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Midnight Sun - The 12 Chapters

Post by Openhome »

I don't think she would end up changing the decision, but teenagers tend to question everything about themselves, including what they thought was their destiny. Also, they tend to buck against any pre-planned ideas for them that were set without their approval. I can't imagine that she will be able to get away from those first rebellious shoots of independence. Those first rebellions are so important to becoming the adult that they need to be (I have six kids and am a high school teacher, so I KNOW rebellion. I even like to watch it evolve from angry angst that is lashing against everything to adult preferences and adult behavior that is uniquely their own. Living it with my four teens is not nearly as fun as watching it come from others, though.

In order to be her own person, Renesmee must go through these difficulties. She simply must become her own person without much help from either of her species. She is her own unique being. It would indeed be interesting.
AnnetteandEdward
Wandering Through Town

Post by AnnetteandEdward »

Off the subject this is about Edward's thoughts, feeling and his side of Twilight.
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

Great point! Back to topic! :)
JazpersGrl
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by JazpersGrl »

Ok, since the OP said we want to keep anger off of here, I want to clarify. I'm not angry, I'm not ranting, I'm simply stating my opinion. If you don't want to hear it, skip my post.
You've been warned.

Now, I understand that getting a story leaked that you didn't want to have out is a betraying and awful experience. But, in my opinion, you get over it. You move on. Yeah, it happened. You take that risk when you write books at this level of popularity. Fans find a way in, they'll get what they want. They will find a way, no matter what. It's part of the job. You just have to buck up and move on. I've read the first 12 chapters or whatever (however many are up), and I think it's almost cruel, and I do stress ALMOST, to leave it unfinished.

My opinion. If you don't like it, sorry.
FanFiction.Net Account
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Ultimate Bouncer
Jasper's Army: Ruby Slaughter
LNL Dogpound Cullenist
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

I know it's hard to not have more of the story, but have you tried fanfiction.net? There are some pretty good ones there.

Remember, SM is taking a break from writing anything and everything for a while. She has young kids, and I am sure with all the movie stuff, she needs a break. I work, too, with a large family to care for, and it is TOUGH.

If she gets enough fans begging for the book, and I am sure that she has about a million messages in her publisher's mail box, she may yet return to the story. She may even press on with the Cullen clan in one way or another.
So....
Keep sending friendly letters and e-mails, for yourself and all of us who what the rest of the story. ;)

I agree with you that she needs to finish the story, but I can't blame her for not writing for a while. Her boys need her more than her fans do.
Jadey
Resisting Temptation With Carlisle

Post by Jadey »

I agree that it's cruel to leave it unfinished - and not planning on finishing it any time soon.

I understand that she needs to be 'in the mood' to finish it, but common. Why let one stupid, jealous, ignorant person put you down..
I think she should do it for her loyal fans that have been with her throughout this whole experience.
Why should we all get punished just because some a***hole leaked a bit of the story.
If it was me, I would be somewhat proud that a person would go out of their way to leak my story. lol..

And, not to mention how unfair it is for Edward. For his story to be remained unfinished.
^ by ForJazz
"Theres a lot of like, feminist issues with the book. Like, 'Oh, she's so devoted to him' and well yeah, she's in love with him"
- Kristen Stewart
edwardsblossom
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Going crazy over Rogue and Gambit. Gotta love 'em; Hanging with TE and TC. Woot.

Post by edwardsblossom »

*Takes a deep breath for all of us and grimaces* Everyone understands SM's situation, and we all want the book to come out, obviously. From what I've read and understand, Stephenie does indeed plan to continue MS, she just feels very unattatched and distant to it right now. I'm sure anyone in Ms. Meyer's place would feel the same. I read what she had put up of Midnight Sun (Loved every second of it) and of course I am, too, dying for more, but if the author pushes herself into writing for something she doesn't feel attatched to, then it not only will put her off even more, feel forced and all that, but the book will probably leave much that could have been done better.

Let's ease up a bit, ne?
§ROMY Fan For Life§ImageImage
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

^^^I agree. If time and space is wha Ms. Meyer needs than I'll wait. I'd rather wait 5 years for an awesome story, than just a year for a crappy not up to par story. I'm sure she'll finish it someday but she needs time away right now. Her family & young sons are more important than us crazy fans demanding a story. Plus with all the movie craziness that takes up a lot of her time too. Give her a break, giver her sometime & I'm sure we'll all get what we want. A finished & published of Edward's version.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
Asheleyo
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Asheleyo »

Ok, so I decided to read MS after I finished the saga because I was obsessed and not ready to be done with that whole world yet. I didn't feel guilty about it since she posted it for us so we wouldn't have to feel guilty.

Anyway, I adored it! I prefer reading from his perspective as opposed to Bella's. There's something more poignant about seeing through the eyes of an immortal a transformation so extreme and so human. I greatly enjoyed the insight to his siblings. And at the same time, I thought it was terrific to realize that, even with mind reading, he was still biased with some of them (mainly Rosalie, who is capable of more than just shallow thoughts). I was concerned in Twilight why he was always acting so hostile toward Alice when she was supposed to be his favorite sister, so now I'm glad to know why and that it didn't mean he didn't love her as much as is claimed.

My favorite aspects are getting to see how old-fashioned he really is. When he wonders if Bella isn't used to being treated like a lady or if she thinks he's just not gentlemanly enough, it makes me chuckle. And how he insists to himself that she will just have to get used to it and soon. I loved seeing him struggle with wanting her and knowing he should leave her. It's terrifically tragic. When he imagines throwing Mike through walls, I crack up. And I die laughing every time he refers to her anger as being a kitten who thinks it's a tiger! I also loved seeing his breakdown in front of Emmett as he worries about all the tiny things he had forgotten about (due to his immortality and near indestructibility) that could harm or kill humans. "Humans were quite exasperatingly fragile!"

And who doesn't melt every time he thinks something like "Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would." or "And, by the way, I adore you...in frightening, dangerous ways." If I were standing, I would go weak at the knees...

There really are sooo many things I love about reading from Edward's POV. I only touched on part of them, but I think this post is long enough already.
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
Sannois
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Sannois »

Could not agree more Ashleyo. IT was truly awesome. I hunger for more.mmmmm,! :D
Every time I hear thunder, I wonder if Vampires are playing baseball. Alice is my personal shopper