Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Angelvamp
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Midnight Sun - The 12 Chapters

Post by Angelvamp »

Ashleyo, you took the words right out of my -uh- fingers! lol :)

I was also so addicted I couldn't stop. Unlike Edward, I have no self control. Especially when it COMES to Edward. I tried to be good and I soooooooo wanted to be a MSV, but I guess I'm just a bad, bad girl. :twisted:

I really liked the parts when Edward was confused by her reactions. Since he had no preemptive warning, he couldn't see how her mind worked and he was always surprised. And you agree with him. But when you read the same scenes in TW, it makes total sense. But I have to say, I related more to Edward's POV than Bella's. I'm grateful that SM wrote what she did and I can't wait for the book to be done!
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

I'm glad I now know why Edward would cringe when he said Alice's name to Bella. It makes more sense now since Alice eventually saw Bella being a vamp. It was also nice to see how insecure he can be. He seems so self assured in the series. I also love hearing what the others people are thinking when he can hear their thoughts. The whole Mike thing is funny as well as hearing Jessica's thoughts.
Asheleyo

Post by Asheleyo »

Yeah, it was incredibly difficult to process the fact that I had to stop halfway through the story, knowing full well that there were some great scenes to come that I was dying to see from Edward's POV...like the meadow and kiss afterward!
Precisely because death awaits us in the end, we must live fully.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Haven't visited in awhile, but thought I would pop on and see what DHN things are being discussed. Yes, I am looking forward to the meadow scene. But, what I want to read are those moments at the Cullen house for the first time and the baseball game. Those moments when he seems freest and most accepting of what is to come with Bella. I think it will be close to what we see from Edward post transformation, when he no longer has to blame himself for everythign wrong. I love happy Edward.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Nala
Wandering Through Town

Post by Nala »

Alphie wrote:This thread is only here to talk about what you liked, what was unexpected, favorite lines, and just general comments on the first 12 chapters.
right. Yeah!
I loved to explore that Edward fell in love with Bella sooo early. My assumption for the plot from his point of view was entirely wrong. An the result: while i was reading these first chapters I fell in love with Edward & Bella again. I thought I was cured, calmed down with the Twilighthysteria.
Gosh! my insane ardor starts again.
Truly: Edward has a lot to tell!!!!
And I was reliefed that Stephenie showed that Edward took care of this monster who tried to attack Bella.

I am so grateful to get to know these fragments.
ALWAYS _________________________ Image
_____________________sorry to the unknown artist, couldnt detect you. still: I adore this image so! thank you!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

You are so right. I think that the magic of Midnight Sun is that you fall in love with both of them for new reasons all over again. The love story in MS is just so much more poignant because he is so lost without her. It is so doggone cute to see him act like a 13 year old and hope that she likes him back. :D
Asheleyo

Post by Asheleyo »

Openhome wrote:You are so right. I think that the magic of Midnight Sun is that you fall in love with both of them for new reasons all over again. The love story in MS is just so much more poignant because he is so lost without her. It is so doggone cute to see him act like a 13 year old and hope that she likes him back. :D
Lol, truly it is. You never would have thought when reading Twilight that Edward was harboring silly little fantasies of Bella simply saying "yes" to him. And the few times that he starts to think just like all the other boys that he once made fun of, wondering what it would be like to kiss her and be her boyfriend. It sounds so weird and yet cute coming from the perspective of someone as old as he is.

Stars did fly toward each other, irresistibly, as if they were falling in love. And millions of years later, lovers on Earth drew together and fell in love, watching the stars fall.
Angelvamp

Post by Angelvamp »

Openhome wrote:You are so right. I think that the magic of Midnight Sun is that you fall in love with both of them for new reasons all over again. The love story in MS is just so much more poignant because he is so lost without her. It is so doggone cute to see him act like a 13 year old and hope that she likes him back. :D
Asheleyo wrote:Lol, truly it is. You never would have thought when reading Twilight that Edward was harboring silly little fantasies of Bella simply saying "yes" to him. And the few times that he starts to think just like all the other boys that he once made fun of, wondering what it would be like to kiss her and be her boyfriend. It sounds so weird and yet cute coming from the perspective of someone as old as he is.
I especially like the part where he takes the bottle cap from her drink as a "souvenier". And then puts it on the piano to help him compose her lullabye. And Esme and Alice share a "look". LOL! What a romantic idiot. :) Do you think he still has the bottle cap at the end of BD? I bet he does. ;)
"Life is pain...anyone who tells you different is selling something."
Asheleyo

Post by Asheleyo »

Angelvamp wrote: Do you think he still has the bottle cap at the end of BD? I bet he does. ;)
I sure hope so! And I also love the fact that he wants Bella to keep his jacket as a souvenir of him since he had the bottlecap. It's so cute. It's funny to go from thinking of him as god-like and composed and perfect to this anxious, pouty, love-struck boy.

Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

He really does remind me of a thirteen year old when he does those things. Of all the stuff he does, those little insecurities and hopeful souvenirs make him more human than almost anything else. It opened up a whole new Edward. My 45 year old husband still loves that kind of stuff. Calls just to say "I love you," special lunch items, and cards mean so much to him, and I would have never thought that the stalwart guy would find so much joy in such things.