Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: Midnight Sun - The 12 Chapters

Post by Susie »

Hi guys! I'm just jumping in the discussion....

Ginnie -Thanks for the link. I read it as part of Blondie's (a/k/a Robin) Dark Side of the Moon. (She referred the reader to it.) It really helps understand poor, poor, Edward, and mean, mean, mean Rosalie.

Dark Side of the Moon is just so good, I often forget that it actually wasn't Stephenie who was writing it!
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Hello everyone!

Here is a highly speculative question. What with SM being immersed in the Twilight universe again, producing Breaking Dawn and wrapping up the Illustrated Guide due in April, do you think she has been tempted to wrap MS up as well?

I’m just crossing my fingers here. I have no idea how extensive the Illustrated Guide is going to be, or what additional information is going to be in it. There is a tiny hope, though, that there may be some background information that had to be sketched out for it and that SM decided to just go ahead and finish MS.
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Hey Corona,
I've been thinking the same thing. I have a Twilight theory: Maybe SM will publish Midnight Sun in between BD1 and BD2 or after BD2. The reason I think that is because their will be a year in between films where the Twilight craze will be dying down and the book will be published to get the ball going. OR if it is publised after BD all-together, it will be because Twilight is over with.

Regarding the original Twilight movie and Alice's vision of Bella walking out of the hotel: That WHOLE SCENE really angered me. For one, They cut out Jasper calming Bella down (left out Jasper's gift throughout the whole movie), and two, how in the world can Bella just WALK OUT?? Alice and Jasper were never more than a few feet-inches away from her the whole time.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Not sure on the publishing issue, ladies. :? Stephenie was pretty specific about it last year during all the New Moon press, and then again when she did her interviews prior to Eclipse. She reserves the right to finish MS, but had no immediate plans to do so.
Maybe, just maybe, we should be petitioning Little Brown to throw a boat load of money at her for that book?! However... I honestly don't see Ms. Meyer as the type to cave in for cash. I believe that when her heart is in it, she'll write it. Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way.