Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
jmeln
Settled in Forks

Re: Midnight Sun - The 12 Chapters

Post by jmeln »

Edward-is-my-never wrote:im not even angry im just really upset and at a crossroads between reading the leaked chapters and not reading them,because
one. i think that who ever leaked it was wrong in doing so
but then..
two. what if we never get to read midnight sun in actual book form? then is this my only chance to read any of the book ive been anxiously waiting for?

I also felt really torn about reading the posted draft. I absolutely LOVED the first chapter SM had originally put on her website, and I was anxiously awaiting the published book. How upset and sad I was when this whole fiasco happened! I totally support SM and feel very bad for her. And I understand her feelings, however, I wish she could see how her true fans feel, and she would eventually finish the book and publish it.
I did download the draft, and I started reading it-someone said it was so great. So far, it's awesome! It's just sooo hard to read online, I get all achy, and I hate that! I would much rather be reading a book in my hand. :(
May she, one day-soon, finish Midnight Sun. I know I'm dying to read it, as are many others...
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Post by audreywarenne »

someone said earlier that writers receive bad reviews and comments and have stuff leaked all of the time. you are completely correct. i have another all-time favorite author, by the name of Sherrilyn Kenyon who is dealing with something right now. she published one of the books for her Dark-Hunter series we all have been dying for and because of some of the content (you will have to read it for yourself), people began sending her e-mails and posting hate stuff on the discussion board. well now we all can't talk about the book and as much as i understand, i still don't see why or how it's fair to us. we haven't done anything wrong and the people who are sending stuff obviously need to reread the entire book. as for bad reviews and comments, it comes with anything you do now a days. even these comments here! we can get good feed back or we can get some not so nice feedback. now granted, you can't just go off on someone but you can give them a hint of what you feel. bad reviews and comments are a fact of like, and yes they are a lot worse in the media and publishing. but it's LIFE. you take the good with the bad and move on. and all of those bad comments/reviews are a way to motivate yourself, not be pulled down to their level. they didn't like something, so what! be yourself and just be happy. if they can't support you, then they're not worth your time. and honestly, i really think Stephenie needs to see this.
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
random_mad_fan
Settled in Forks
Location: Pondering the luna eclypse and wondering what new direction with come with the breaking of the dawn.

Post by random_mad_fan »

okay i can see why everyone is talking like Stephanie postponed midnight sun indefinatly to get back at who evre desided to turn to the dark side and leak it. Hell i wouldn't blame her if she did! shs been betrayed by some one close to her. but i don't think that that's why she did it, at the moment when ever she thinks about MS she feels the betrayal and she doesn't know if thats ever going to change - she can't write the book feeling like that because she can't kill everyone, the plots already dictated by Twilight and you just CAN'T write a happy ending feeling like crap! blive me i've tried to write a story feeling like she must do at the moment and th main charactor lost all of her friends and her One True Love while surviving her self, it was very dpressing!

i want to se MS on the shelves too but you can't blame Stephanie. if you've ever had a secrate betrayed by a colse friend you'll know that it's so much harder to truse ANYONE anymore, it changes the way you look on the world and it's suposedly inteligent inhabetants, and when you write a book you look for your frinds for critisisme to point out weaknesses, to be honest in a way your family wouldn't be. friends and family are a big part of any writing project and it's a sierious blow if they betray your trust, i don't think she'll be writing ANYTHING for a little while, and we have to respet her for NOT sueing the person did that to her, she's obviously a much better friend to them they are to her.

we should try to be there for her now - she's always said that we're the best fans in the world. it think that it's time for us to PROVE IT!
"No matter how long it takes," i wispered to his charred remains, "no mater how long I stay on this side of life, no matter how many decades pass between us, NIkos you will always own my fiery heart. "
leannia
Wandering Through Town

Post by leannia »

I'm kinda thinking that it's her turn to prove that she deserves the best fans in the world....
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

Betrayal happens, it's a part of like. And yes, it sucks! I have personal experience with it, more times than I would like to say. But you become a better person and prove that what they did just makes them not worth the time. I really hope Stephenie comes to learn this.
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
la_tua_cantante
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Contemplating giving Edward baking lessons. (Austin, TX)

Post by la_tua_cantante »

leannia wrote:I'm kinda thinking that it's her turn to prove that she deserves the best fans in the world....
Good point. I understand what a few people have said about this not being our story, since we didn't come up with it, but in all honesty, we are the reason she even has the option of writing Midnight Sun and receiving mass production... Her publisher wouldn't offer it to her if they didn't know it would do well. So, while I definitely understand the hang ups she has, I think the proper response would have been to take a break from writing it, deal with the cretin who leaked her stuff, and then get back to it, not threaten her entire fan base with the possibility of never getting to read this book they've been waiting for so long for.

I must admit I find it interesting that she chose to take this course of action, considering she knows her fan base and that people wouldn't be happy with her. Despite my personal feelings on the matter, I understand part of what she's feeling (who hasnt been betrayed before?), so I try to remember that when I contemplate the possibility of no Midnight Sun. *Sigh* :(

Anyway, *raises glass* here's to hoping she gets back to it and we can be inside our beloved Edward's mind sometime next year.
Read *Jasper Lurks*
*My FanFiction* & My LJ.
Team Edward all the way!
I. MET. ROB. PATTINSON.
the.slayer
Wandering Through Town

Post by the.slayer »

i think most fans feel this way: that its really been bad that there was a leak and now she has put writting it on hold. but its nothing we can do. the only thing we can do it wait, even though it kills me lol. and for me personally i havn't and dont really want to read the draft of the first 12 chapters because to me those chapters arnt fully finished with the little bit of wit and full feelings in them. so i really want to wait till its published.

Edward Cullen is staring at you...
- Jessica Stanley Twilight

Wanna be a vampire??
Meteora
Settled in Forks

Post by Meteora »

I think the proper response would have been to take a break from writing it, deal with the cretin who leaked her stuff, and then get back to it, not threaten her entire fan base with the possibility of never getting to read this book they've been waiting for so long for.
Well, we have no indication that this ISN'T what she's doing. All she has said is that she can't write it right now. It's not about revenge or punishing her fans. She said clearly in her note that it was because of her own mental state at the moment--she simply can't write the book she was intending to write given how she is feeling about it at this precise moment. I think we all hope that, in time--hopefully not too long a time--she will be able to get back to a place where she can complete the book. And, as fans, I think the way we can help bring that about is to support her during this time and help her remember what a great, loving, and supportive place the Twilight world can be. I understand being angry and feeling like Stephenie is punishing her fans and saying so but, quite frankly, that's not going to make her decide to start writing the book again. Hopefully the knowledge that her fans badly, badly want this book will encourage her to eventually finish it, even if she can't right now.

I do hope, at some point, she does sit down and think about the very many people who were told they would have this book and who got very excited in anticipating it, only to lose it through something that they had no control over. And honestly, if she never finishes it, I feel like in some ways it'll be hanging over her forever, because her fanbase is never, ever going to forget about it. I hope for everyone's sake that she can finish it.
Li'lBit
Wandering Through Town

Post by Li'lBit »

December wrote:So here is a question for all of you: What if Stephenie was right when she said that writing Midnight Sun isn’t something she can she can sit down and do just because we really, really want her to?

What if it isn’t like cooking supper? Any competent cook can peel potatoes, and put the meat in the oven, but we’re not here because Stephenie wrote a competent vampire romance -- we’re here because what she wrote was little short of inspired. By her own account, Stephenie was possessed by the story of Twilight. By characters who all but spoke to her inside her head. Who in some sense wrote Twilight -- and Midnight Sun.

That’s not something a writer can command. So the question is: do we really want her to hurry up and finish Midnight Sun -- any old way -- just so we can have the book on our shelves next year? Or is the right ending worth waiting for -- however long it takes?

Should we be begging her not to write one more word until it’s a labour of love again?
SUCH an important point here, December! I think we all have moments when we just really want to read the rest of the story - but when we start stomping our feet and demanding that she stop whining and move on from this, the pot is calling the kettle black. We all need to collectively take a step back and a deep breath and decide what really matters here - any old finish to this story, or the incredible finish that's worth waiting for (even indefinitely).

It's easy for us to say that she should pick herself up and write the dang book already, but this isn't an essay. An author's emotions really do bleed into the text they write, and I hope when her emotions start bleeding into Midnight Sun again they are the breathtakingly beautiful feelings that are so enchantingly portrayed in the first twelve chapters.
"Sure, [snow] was drier than rain -- until it melted in your socks."
pubesy
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by pubesy »

Stephenie was possessed by the story of Twilight. By characters who all but spoke to her inside her head. Who in some sense wrote Twilight -- and Midnight Sun.
are we suggesting that stephenie had auditory hallucinations of edward and bella?

hmm, that does not sound too bad!
Team Switzerland - Thanks for the sig Alysha
adultes lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis