Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
roxyrae
Settled in Forks

Re: What is Stephenie working on?

Post by roxyrae »

Its official Midnight Sun is put on an indefinate hold because of the leak :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: She just posted about it on her website and posted all the chapters that were leaked.

I'm really sad, I was looking so forward to reading Midnight Sun and I loved her first chapter and was looking so forward to reading the end of Twlight for his POV. I also feel really bad for Stephenie, I can only imagine how it would feel for that to happen.
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Post by vegasn8ive »

I just read that, too. I'm sad. I feel for her because I'm sure she feels betrayed. I totally understand taking the high road and just posting it online herself but that had to be a really hard decision for her. I hope that she understands that a couple rotten apples don't represent the entire crop. We, as a fandom, support her and are sad by this news. I was really looking forward to Midnight Sun sometime soon. But whenever it is published, if it ever gets published, I'll be anxious to get my copy and enjoy it regardless of what others have done. In the meantime, I'll still enjoy whatever her mind creates!!!!!!
Hayleytwilighter
Settled in Forks

Post by Hayleytwilighter »

The Twilight saga office guide is due out in december so she must have been working on that for a while, hopefully it will give us some little bits we didnt get before midnight sun sliped.

I was really upset to hear about midnight sun, my better half has been dieing to read twilight but cant get past the female view so was waiting for midnight sun, now he may never get it :(
I hope SM feels better soon to carry on with it but they are her gifts to us and someone has been mean enough to upset her.
Meteora
Settled in Forks

Post by Meteora »

I'm sure that Stephenie feels betrayed and hurt right now, and I understand why she feels she can't work on the project while she feels that way. However, I hope that in time she will be able to return to it and that she knows that her readers would be thrilled to have a completed and published book, regardless of how much of it they have already seen. This is obviously a big setback, but her fans will be behind her throughout this process, and I'm sure we're all hoping for the same thing: to eventually have a completed Midnight Sun that Stephenie feels good about.
Dont_Call_Me_Nessie
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dont_Call_Me_Nessie »

I too am devastated that it looks like Midnight Sun may never happen. I would cheerfully lynch whomever made the leak that has now spoiled things for everyone. :evil: I guess I can see where Stephenie is coming from, but I sincerely hope that she'll change her mind at some point and keep writing Edward's story for us.
Edward-is-my-never
Settled in Forks

Re: Midnight Sun - The 12 Chapters

Post by Edward-is-my-never »

im not even angry im just really upset and at a crossroads between reading the leaked chapters and not reading them,because
one. i think that who ever leaked it was wrong in doing so
but then..
two. what if we never get to read midnight sun in actual book form? then is this my only chance to read any of the book ive been anxiously waiting for?
i have O.C.D {obsessive cullen disorder}
Seasons are changing,
And waves are crashing,
And stars are falling all for us.
-- red jumpsuit apparatus

S_M_G
Learning to Love Green

Re: Midnight Sun - The 12 Chapters

Post by S_M_G »

Edward-is-my-never wrote:im not even angry im just really upset and at a crossroads between reading the leaked chapters and not reading them,because
one. i think that who ever leaked it was wrong in doing so
but then..
two. what if we never get to read midnight sun in actual book form? then is this my only chance to read any of the book ive been anxiously waiting for?

My sentiments exactly. I feel so torn. I know I'll give in and read it but I hope Stephenie changes her mind. This can't be the end of Twilight universe. :(

"You give faith to the ones you love,but the people who really deserve it are the ones who come through even when you don't love them enough".”
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Post by Nena »

Express your feelings in this thread.
TheAbbyNormal
Settled in Forks

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Post by TheAbbyNormal »

I think I'm going to cry... it's awful. I REFUSE to read it. I will wait for years if I have to, but I'm waiting for the actual book. Unless she says she will never release it. Then I will cry and reluctantly read the first 12 chapters.
vegasn8ive
Learning to Love Green

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Post by vegasn8ive »

Well, I've been chatting with people about this all day. I guess overall I'm sad. It's too bad that a ruthless person would violate her trust like that. I feel really bad for her. I think she did the right thing, though, by posting it herself. It kind of takes it out of their hands and puts it on her terms again. I sincerely hope that she finds it in herself to move forward with Midnight Sun and have it published. Just like she has always refused to let what others want influence what she writes, I hope she doesn't let a couple of bad apples make her give up on something she has worked hard on.