Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Post by ringswraith »

It's not about whether or not people will still buy the book.

It's about how someone took something very personal of hers and put it up for the world to see. If you keep a diary, how would you feel if your friend took it and posted its contents on the Internet?

I'm sure she felt violated. I would, too. I can't really blame her for not continuing to write; I'm hoping that the buzz the movies are generating will put her in the right place so she can finish it. :)
TwilightRose1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TwilightRose1 »

I wish there was more to read, but I complete understand Stephenie's feelings. I would feel completely betrayed. I would buy if she decided to release it as a published novel! What I read of it was fantastic. Not many writers will write an entirely different novel based on the same series, with a different POV than the original. That's very cool of her to do! I like seeing Edward's perspective, it put a new light on the saga.
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Yeah, it would be nice if she finished it and if it were available in the bookstore. I think I am probably one of very few people who have not read the leaked draft of MS. I mean, I have already read the story so its not like I do not know what happens, but it would be interesting to read from another point of view, just so I could have more Cullen time.
roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora »

Stephenie's latest answer to the Midnight Sun question.. from her Q&A on her site:

To address the many, many questions about Midnight Sun:

I've found that there really isn't any answer I can give that changes the substance or tenor of the myriads of requests, pleadings, and demands I get for Midnight Sun to be finished, so I feel a little silly answering that question at all. But it's the most popular question, so I'll take another stab at it.

I am not working on Midnight Sun now. I don't have a plan for when I'll get to it; I don't know now what the right time for it will be.

In your questions, there were some erroneous conclusions about the situation which I'll try to set straight. First, Midnight Sun is not finished and locked in a safe, waiting for me to be done angsting over the leak. If it were done, I would be throwing it on the bookstore shelves myself. I'd love to be able to give it to all the people who are anxiously waiting for it. Second, I am not upset about the leak. I haven't been for a long time; I was over it after about three weeks. Third, and most important, I am not trying to punish anyone. Not the persons who leaked it, not the people who read the leak, nobody. As I said, it would make me very happy to be able to give it to anyone who wants it.

So why the hold up? Because it's not finished and lying in a safe. It's not done, and finishing it is not a simple matter of sitting down in front of my computer and typing out the words; the words have to be there in my head to type out, and right now, they're not. I have to be in the zone to write any story, and trying to force myself into that zone is a waste of time, I've found. I'll get back to Midnight Sun when the story is compelling to me again. Just because people want it so badly does not make it more write-able; kind of the opposite, actually. I need to be alone with a story to write, and Midnight Sun feels really crowded, if you know what I mean.

People write for different reasons. I have always written to make myself happy. If I'm enjoying a story, feeling the creativity flow, engrossed in a world, then I write and I write fast. If I'm not into it, I can't write. I've never been someone who writes on demand and I can't imagine working that way. As cool as it would be to say to my favorite author, "You know, I'd really like to read a great book about a narwhal mafia. Write that for me, 'kay?" or even "I'd love a sequel to that last one," that's not how it works. How it works is that my favorite author writes a new book about whatever he/she is interested in. Maybe it takes a year, maybe it takes five. If it's something I want to read, I buy it or I check it out at the library. If not, I find something else to read. The end.

(All of this goes for writing about vampires in general, too. Vampires and I? We're on a break.)

I'm pretty sure this won't slow the pleadings and the demands, but I didn't want you to think I was ignoring the question.

In the meantime, there are so many great books out there. I've got some recommendations on my site, and any librarian would love to show you more options. Same goes for independent bookstore employees. Ask for guidance, and they will fill your arms with awesomeness!

I understand better where she is coming from with this answer, but I still wish she would just wright it! :lol:
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

I broke down. I tried so hard for so long to not read it but I just did. I hope she does finish it. I think that she will. How I feel about it well.... I think it is great to see Edward's pov. Some things I didn't agree with was some of his characteristics. For example how he kept repeating that he wanted to kill Mike N. I didn't think that was Edward at all. He is a gentlemen and yes people say might say that once but not over and over again. I also didn't like how he can't really hear Bella's fathers thoughts b/c in the series he tells her without a problem what her dad is thinking. Also Edward states how Bella's sweater is frumpy and it is ugly on her but he is glad that she is covered up since the dinner the night before. I didn't agree with that. Other than that I can not wait for this to come out so I can purchase it.
Banner by TammyAZ
Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

woops I should've posted this on the MS ch 12 section. Can someone please move it over there. Thank you.
Banner by TammyAZ
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelin

Post by dazzel21 »

I wanted to be mad at the person who cause the leak...it would be so much better to read Midnight Sun with its full version from Edward's POV. I'm dying to read how he feels about what Bella is going through in Twilight, every emotion and feelings he might have felt, his desperate attempt to keep Bella safe. :( :(

I felt cheated and robbed just like SM. Robbed of the opportunity to read another good book and cheated because all that's left is for me to find an alternative fanfiction (not that its a bad thing...lots of fanfiction writers are really good. But its still not the same) just to satisfy my curiosity and thirst for Midnight Sun to be completed...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

Midnight Sun is absalutly amazing... Before it I never really liked Edward.. didn't understand what's on his mind... Because why is he with Bella if it's so bad for her.. why he started it anyway... and after reading his pov, I understand and I started to like him...

About Stephnie...no matter how much I love Midnight sun and want it to be released... Stephnie is writing for fun.. and I get it because I do it too.. And no matter how much we want it, we shouldn't take her fun away and her belief that this is for her by forcing her to continue something that she don't want to do... I get it...
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but where can I read Midnight Sun? I take it the only version is on line somewhere...?
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
TammyAZ
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by TammyAZ »

Stephenie has a link posted on her website. If I remember correctly, on the left side of the page you click on Twilight Series, then click on Midnight Sun. She has a post there from 2008 and at the bottom of the post is the link.

"You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world" ~~Edward Cullen
Banner by me :)