Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Puppy_cakes
Settled in Forks

Re: Midnight Sun Partial draft release --Express your feelings

Post by Puppy_cakes »

Dont getthe idea I hate her! I just want her to be less negitive, her fans she be enough to show her that the world deserves MS
Help Me Find the Godiva Twilight Chocolate! I looking EVERYWHERE! I need to serve it at the Twilight Movie premiere party! Whatkind of hostess would I be? Thanks!
random_mad_fan
Settled in Forks
Location: Pondering the luna eclypse and wondering what new direction with come with the breaking of the dawn.

Post by random_mad_fan »

i guess i ccame off a little crude last time i posted on this - i am sorry was never my intent. i guess my History teacher has a point - i write the way i think and without facial exspressions (and mad hand guestures) to help portray my point i can come across a bit forcful or even agressive. i suppose it doesn't help that i felt a little bit disgurntled, or that i have an annoying habit of feeling offended on other peoples behalf. i just read the comments made and imagined how hurt SM would be, i'll be the first to admite that this is not my place but i am just one of those people who cannot help the way other peoples hurt effects them.

i am/was not saying that my opinion is right or anyone elses is wrong, i'm not that arrogant. and i respect the veiw of others. but my previous post still stands, perhaps it would be better if we put our selves in her shoes before we proclameed how wrong it is for her to punish us. i really do doubt that that is what she's doing, i pride my self on being a good judge of charactor and i really don't think that Stephenie would do that.
"No matter how long it takes," i wispered to his charred remains, "no mater how long I stay on this side of life, no matter how many decades pass between us, NIkos you will always own my fiery heart. "
asheneyed
Settled in Forks

Post by asheneyed »

Every day I think about Midnight Sun. Before it happened...I was a budding Twilight fanatic. But now...after having a Twilight-website under my belt because of it, and meeting so many people who feel the way I do...it's more like a family, now. Silly, maybe, to think of us as a family that has lost a loved one..but that's the way I feel. I look around and see my fellow heartbroken souls in all stages of grief. Anger, hurt, denial...you know?

But the greatest part is...that unlike death, we still have a great hope to see this through. I really do earnestly feel in my heart that we will see Midnight Sun again. I know that it was not the intention, but this whole situation has brought out some seriously dedicated Twilighters...I think in the coming months that Stephenie will be surprised by what she sees. Fan scrapbooks are being made, videos...plus I'm doing the letter campaign, and I have received so many wonderful letters of support for both Stephenie and myself. She didn't mean to, but she caused a love movement. When this is all said and done...I think we'll all be better for it. Stephenie doesn't know what she's in for. Her fans are about to revive her...in a big way. That's my hope, anyway.

I've heard a lot of people say, "It's time she proves she deserves the great fans she has." I can't disagree more. It's time we help her know that she is deserving. She is the woman who chose to share a beautiful dream she had with all of us. I don't expect her to be a book-writing robot, and I certainly don't want to pressure her to write Midnight Sun. But my sincere hope, out of all of this...is that good prevails. I want Stephenie to think, "This started out as a horrible situation...but...so many people around the world have extended love and support for me, that I wouldn't take it back for one day." I think the fans can do that for her. Sometimes you get in a place were you just can't continue...and it's hard to even find one person to have the compassion to understand or lend you a hand. Stephenie should never be in that place...because there are millions of us here to stand behind her. I want Midnight Sun. A lot. But what I want more is to know that Stephenie is on fire for Edward and Bella again..and that she can feel safe in her fandom again. At one time she was so possessed by them that she could not stop until their story was told, somehow. In an author, that is a beautiful thing. The characters are actually alive..and that's why we love them so much, isn't it?

Bottom line: I support Stephenie. I'm sad, I'm upset...but not nearly as much as she must be. She needs us all right now more than ever...not to plead, not to pressure her...but just to let her know that we are right there with her. That's what I keep holding onto, every day. And, from all the emails I get, a lot of other people feel that way too. Banding together to support her will help everyone. I, overall, am holding onto hope. Everything happens for a reason.
Come join the campaign:
elstardust
Wandering Through Town

Post by elstardust »

I believe that this is very well written for a rough draft and really gives a twilight fanatic what they want: Edward really confessing his passionate love for Bella. :D After reading all the twilight novels, you know that Edward is madly in love with her, but why? Bella explains for the reader that she is nothing special and quote from Kristen Stewart,
She's is a normal girl. It's the two of them together that's something special.
It is in the first few chapters of midnight sun that you get that message.
As for Stephanie's Midnight Sun being posted on the internet, I think that's just wrong. Who ever did such a thing should be very ashamed of themselves. It's like a slap to a real Twilight fan. :evil:
"The Forbidden Fruit is always the sweetest."
KStew and RPatz
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KStew and RPatz »

i still absolutely refuse to read it! I will only read it when it is published and on the shelves of bookstores, I don't care what anybody says! You rule, Stephenie! We are all so sorry this happened!
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Asheneyed wrote:It's time we help her know that she is deserving. She is the woman who chose to share a beautiful dream she had with all of us....I want Midnight Sun. A lot. But what I want more is to know that Stephenie is on fire for Edward and Bella again..and that she can feel safe in her fandom again. At one time she was so possessed by them that she could not stop until their story was told, somehow. In an author, that is a beautiful thing. The characters are actually alive..and that's why we love them so much, isn't it?
Well, exactly. We want Stephenie to know that her fans care that she's upset. And maybe even more important, how much we loved Midnight Sun -- what sheer magic it is, and how much joy it has given us. Because if she deserves anything, she deserves to take pride in this wonderful piece of writing.

But alas, that isn't necessarily all she needs to be able to resume writing it.

To get back to something I wanted to reply to a while ago:
Pubesy wrote:
December wrote: Stephenie was possessed by the story of Twilight. By characters who all but spoke to her inside her head. Who in some sense wrote Twilight -- and Midnight Sun.
are we suggesting that stephenie had auditory hallucinations of edward and bella?
Heh. Well, I'm going on what Stephenie herself says in her FAQ for New Moon:
Stephenie wrote:So, as I began to sketch out New Moon, I went back to Bella's senior year of high school and asked my little cast of characters, "What happened?"

I swiftly regretted asking them for the story. Because they gave me a story I wasn't expecting. More specifically, Edward told me something I didn't want to hear.

I should probably mention here that I am not crazy (that I know of), it's just that I am a character writer. I write my stories because of my characters; they are the motivation and the reward. The difficulty with strong, defined characters, though, is that you can't make them do something that is out of character. They have to be who they are and, as a writer, they're often out of your control.

As I started plotting New Moon (untitled at that point), it became clear that Edward was Edward, and he would have to behave as only Edward would. And, because of that, Edward was leaving.

NO! I didn't want Edward to leave. I pitched a fit every bit as violent and tearful as those I've seen in New Moon discussion forums. I tried to talk him out of it. I presented him with other plot options. I begged. Edward remained unmoved.
Midnight Sun is so vividly and precisely imagined, so alive, that it’s alarmingly easy to imagine it happening like that -- to picture Edward literally confiding his thoughts to Stephenie as the events of TW unfolded.

But it’s equally easy to see why that rapport couldn’t be the same now. Not just because of the theft of MS or the other strains of the past year (the negative reaction to BD, the string of earlier PR dramas, the exhaustion of publishing three novels in thirteen months). Nor even because -- as she says -- she's tired of vampires. But because it's not her private project any more. In that same FAQ, Stephenie writes:
Stephenie wrote:It's hard to explain how joyous the writing process was for me when I was creating Twilight. It was something I did for fun and excitement, with no concern for what anyone else might think, because no one else was ever going to read it.
True, Midnight Sun wasn't quite the same proposition: Stephenie did write it to be read. More than any of her other books, in some sense, she wanted it read, so that readers would understand TW, could see the dark side of the story she couldn't tell from Bella's POV (because Edward was hellbent on keeping it from Bella). But even if it was written to be shared, it wasn't written for publication. It was still HER private project -- a labour of love -- composed in stolen moments when she should have been working on the sequels she was under contract for. Yes, she came to fantasize about seeing it published someday and standing on her bookshelf beside TW. But for the time being, it was just between her and Edward. I wish we could give it back to them....
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
VampyreChica
Settled in Forks

Post by VampyreChica »

i totally loved the first chapter of midnight sun, when Stephenie MEyer put it out on her website... so ofcourse i was beyond estatic when she put more chapters on to her page, but i was extremly dissapointed when she said she was not going to work on midnight sun and start on other projects.. but anywaayys... i absolutly loved midnight sun.. edward cullen has such a.. diffrent.. way of thinking so of course i wanted to see everything in his point of veiw when she said she was working on something like that.. because edward can read minds.. so not only would you be reading how HE was thinking.. but sometimes you'd see how other people are thinking too. i sincerly hope that she will continue to tell the story in edwards point of view.. maybe even write another book adding on to the series? sure it'll b a little repetitive but i just don't ever want the twilight saga to end!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D
As i love you-- Edward Cullen
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

not to sound rude or anything but some of you are saying that because i'm angry at Stephenie that means i'm not being a loyal fan. and i think that's completely rude to me! just because i don't agree with what she's doing doesn't mean I'm not a fan of the series, I'm just upset at her. I don't think she cry off because someone did something that she knew COULD happen. I'm sorry but that offends me to no end that some of you are saying I'm not a true fan because I'm not crying with SM. i will never agree with this completely, and YES i have looked at her from her point of view. and honestly, i just think she needs to get over it. this kind of thing HAPPENS EVERY DAY! and it sucks but you can be the better person by standing up against it and to keep writing. her not continuing is giving the person who posted those 12 chapters what they want! and i can do nothing but shake my head at SM.
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM
December
Muse of Philosophical Discussion

Post by December »

Sorry to keep banging on about this, people, but if I can just suggest that everyone take a damper please? I don't think anyone is meaning to be rude here. Where no offence is intended, it's probably as well not to take offence either. But everyone should also remember that when you put your opinions vehemently -- especially your opinions about the rest of the fandom -- it's likely to be hurtful to others. Please think before you post. If you wouldn't like someone to say it about your views, don't say it about other people's! Thanks, all....
“When did you ever promise to kill yourself falling out of Charlie’s tree?”
leigh81
Settled in Forks

Post by leigh81 »

I'm actually sorry to here that Midnight Sun has been put on hold indefinetely. From what I read, it left me wanting more. It's sad and very unfortunate, that someone has taken it upon themselves to release a portion, leaving the author to figure out what to do. I was really looking forward to Edward's views because after reading all four books, I have found myself wondering in a few locations what he was really thinking. I really do wish the author luck and hope that at some point she decideds that she is able to continue and release the book the way she had wanted. Best of luck......I really do think it would have been a great addition to the Twilight Saga.