Midnight Sun virgin thread

Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Re: Midnight Sun virgin thread

Post by Kate »

A little citation to help us waiting: "Perhaps he would hesitate to prolong the moment, that ideal moment of anticipation, sometimes better than the kiss itself." Twilight p. 282.

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

Kate wrote:A little citation to help us waiting: "Perhaps he would hesitate to prolong the moment, that ideal moment of anticipation, sometimes better than the kiss itself." Twilight p. 282.
So true, so true... but I tend not to have a ton of patience... It may have something due to the fact I'm an only child... :lol:
And nothing is more enticing to me than a new book... Well, there may be a few exceptions ( ;) ), but books are on the top of my list. :D
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

I'm an only child too... :) And books are on the top of my list too! :)

A proverb to help us to wait? :)

«Un bon amant sait attendre»
What it means more or least: “A good lover knows the value of waiting”. :roll:

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

It been awhile since I posted here!

Hey guys! I agree we should be strong and until now I'm still a Midnight Sun Virgin!

Great proverb Kate! That's French right? :D
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
ΘSami, Rose, Fatima, Raven and Mimi are my Twi-GirlsΘΩTetrarch of LexicalliaΩ
Kate
Officially Bitten!

Post by Kate »

n0vaice wrote:Great proverb Kate! That's French right? :D
Yes, as I'm French Canadian, I have two or tree like that on my sleeve... :)

Like this one:
«Tout vient à point à qui sait attendre»

What is mean more or least:
“The thing you wish will come to you if you know wait for it.”

So we sould wait, the reward will worth it! :)

n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: On a beach, half dipped in a beautiful blue sea, under the summer rain. Waiting for YOU to kiss me.

Post by n0vaice »

just like waiting for Midnight Sun! :D

*sigh*

I wish I could speak French! I only know intros and other words.
Plus I have a hard time pronouncing them, especially words with "R".
ÖBLF = GennyÖ∩WA∩ΦMed StudentΦÜHanny's grand frere܃ Karl Valentino Brassi ~ Mafiaƒ
Kate
Officially Bitten!

Post by Kate »

I find an other proverb for us and it seems to be English:

Waiting in hope isn’t true waiting… :)

As long we have hope, the waiting will be bearable! :)

To Karl: French is really hard to learn as a second language. It’s my English teacher at university who make me realised it… She was totally terrified at the idea of the French conjugation of verb. It true that we have 15 verb tenses and for each one we have 6 persons who influence the verb… When someone grows up in it, he doesn’t have to think about it, but I understand how hard that must be! I personally have a lot of difficulty to solve the mystery of the difference between the English past perfect and the past perfect progressive… ! :)

n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by n0vaice »

Wow, French is a hard language to learn. But I'm not really aiming to master it for now, just
to be able to make small talks like a child would be fine for me. Besides it would be nice to have
a third language. English is only my second language, my native tongue is Filipino and I speak
two kinds of Filipino. :D
Kate
Officially Bitten!

Post by Kate »

Last night, I find this in the “personal correpondance”. It’s an extract from an interview of Stephenie for the Breaking Dawn Concert Tour-Chicago probably around 2008, after the leak. It makes me shiver! :)
E: What are your intentions for the future of the Cullen clan?

S: Ok, I wrote that one. I did that because there were a gazillion ‘are you going to write about Alice and Jasper?’ ‘Are you going to write all of the books from Edward’s perspective?’ Right now, obviously, Midnight Sun has to happen. (lots of screaming) I’m glad that makes you happy. After that, I actually have a lot of other thing I’d like to work on. My whole life is not vampires, surprisingly enough and I kind of want to get back to my ghosts and my time travel and my mermaids, there’s a lot I want to do. And the Host, yes, (lots of cheers) I’ve got a lot of outlining going on with that so while I am not planning on doing anything right now, I may get back to the Cullens. There are several storylines that I find really interesting. I don’t think I can spend a ton of time on characters that I feel like I’ve had a chance to really explore already. I would have to say, the most likely narrators going forward in the future are Nessie and Leah.

“Right now, obviously, Midnight Sun has to happen.”

Hiiiiii!!! :)

To Karl
: Wow! Impressive! :) I hope someday master English… someday! :) It must be hard to learn English for you… Filipino probably didn’t look like English at all… :)
Last edited by Kate on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

n0vaice
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by n0vaice »

Wow! Awesome find Kate! :D

Well not really cause English is our second language, just like for Canadians.
they both know English and French. But not everyone knows how to talk fluently
in English but we all do understand English. Yes Filipino and English are absolutely
different.