Various articles that Stephenie Meyer has written

Moderators: December, Bronze Haired Girl

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
virre
Completely Dazzled!

Re: Midnight Sun virgin thread

Post by virre »

i have a copy of the graphic novel as well, but i did not enjoy it as much as i had hoped.. to much of the same pictures that are in the movie, and Alice looked awfull! instead of looking graceful and beautiful she looked like a prepubescent boy :| and what was with Bella's wardrobe? to much frill and lace.. :geek:
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

virre wrote:i have a copy of the graphic novel as well, but i did not enjoy it as much as i had hoped.. to much of the same pictures that are in the movie,
Is it true? I still haven't see the movie... I'm uncomfortable with the idea of actors claiming lines that I read hundred of time... :oops:
and Alice looked awfull! instead of looking graceful and beautiful she looked like a prepubescent boy :|
:lol: But I like the lenght of her hair... It's closer of what I imagined of someone escaping from a institution than the pictures of the movie from what I see browsing the lex... :) What do you think?
and what was with Bella's wardrobe? to much frill and lace.. :geek:
Ok, I totally agree on this one... :lol: It's a little bit too girly for the Bella that I have in mind... :) But, may I admit that it gave me new ideas for my own wardrobe? :roll:

O.k. I change of subjet... I just read the "Breaking Dawn Concert Tour-Seattle Q&A" in the section "Correspondance with Stephenie"...
Q: When is Midnight Sun going to be published?

A: I want you all to know that this may not happen right away. I have for the past three years been under deadlines. It’s been rough. So I’m planning on taking my time and writing when the spirit strikes. Now that could mean it won’t take very long at all. I wrote Twilight very quickly but I don’t want to make any promises. So I can’t give you exact dates on this but when I have a workable rough draft I will have a sense of how long because the editing process is fairly standard and I will be able to let you know when that is going to be.

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
virre
Completely Dazzled!

Post by virre »

I think my MS vigin training has made me a real hardass when it comes to being patient and waiting for things ^^ I now have no problem waiting for the short second life of bree tanner to show up in hardback in my mail box, and i feel no urge to go on the website and read it for free :D Im so proud! :D :D hihi ^^
Kate
Officially Bitten!
Location: Wandering in the town, holding my arm tightly around the hold in my chest…

Post by Kate »

:lol:
So my Midnigth Sun training don't affect me at all... I was waiting for Bree's story half hour before my bookstore open... :lol:

"When Kate met Garrett, she found something she'd never found [...]. She is currently attempting monogamy for the first time in her long life." S. M. The guide p. 157
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

virre wrote:I think my MS vigin training has made me a real hardass when it comes to being patient and waiting for things ^^ I now have no problem waiting for the short second life of bree tanner to show up in hardback in my mail box, and i feel no urge to go on the website and read it for free :D Im so proud! :D :D hihi ^^
I agree with you there. I haven't had the urge to visit the site either or actually pick up the book, I would have liked for MS to have been released before this one but on another note I'm going to get the book because it's part of the series and I've heard it was really good but I'm going to hold off reading it until I finish my other book series.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Kate wrote::lol:
So my Midnigth Sun training don't affect me at all... I was waiting for Bree's story half hour before my bookstore open... :lol:
Haha! Same here! I was at a local grocery store at 11:30 at night waiting for it. :roll: Its a bit pathetic, but thats ok. I was dying for a Stephenie novel that I could read.

However, I don't ever feel the urge to ever read Midnight Sun anymore like I used to. I don't have to consciously avoid the tab on Stephenie's website everytime I'm on the computer. I'll wait it out happily, and when she releases it, I'll be bragging that I get a whole new novel by my favorite author to read while they'll already know half of it. :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
Kate
Officially Bitten!

Post by Kate »

Hello dear Midnight sun virgin! :)
I hope your abstinence is still going well! :)

Stephenie have talk about Midnight sun in her last interview... Just here.But caution, there is a spoiler in this interview... :o

A little "safe" excerpt just to make you drool... :)
I know that’s what everyone cares about. I also know that the right answer would be for me to say “Oh yah, it’s done! And it’ll be out next month!” But that’s not true. It’s also not true that I’ve got a ton of work done on it, and that’s what I’m working on. What’s true is that I’m really burned out on vampires. And, I don’t want to write it badly. So I want to wait until I’m excited about the material again, and I’m excited about Edward, and that it’s something that’s motivating. You know, when a story is keeping me up at night, and I’m waking up at 4 am in the morning and thinking ‘Yes! That is what is what should happen in this moment!’ Then that is when I can write with happiness! So, right now it feels like homework… it really does. And when things feel like homework they go very, very slowly for me. So it’s still not a “It’s not gonna happen!” I want to do it when I can do it right. You know, I have my share of human stubbornness, and I have to tell you, it’s a little bit hard when people are like “This is the only thing you can do, and it’s the only thing we care about!” And, you’re kind of like a three year old, you want to be like “I’m gonna do what I wanna do!” Yah. “You’re not the boss of me!” So my mom has backed off a little bit. Actually, I was at The Fray concert, and I was hanging out with the guys backstage. They’re really cool, and I was talking to Isaac about it. He was like, “I really want you to do that!” And I was like “Oh my gosh! Come on!” You know I can’t get away from it anywhere. And, we talked about stubbornness and reverse psychology. I have this great thing he signed for me, it says “To Stephenie, Don’t work on that stupid book! Nobody wants it anyway!” I have it by my computer. That really is the right direction to go with me, because I’m like “Huh! Maybe I should do it! I’ll show you!” Psychology! Anyway, that’s Midnight Sun! so, that should disappoint everyone!

BabyEsme2203
Learning to Love Green

Post by BabyEsme2203 »

I wouldnt ever read midnight sun until its released as a BOOK.

i think its horribly wrong that someone took advantage of dear Stephenie like that :(
she worked so hard on that, and then someone betrays her trust :(
Image Image
Kate
Officially Bitten!

Post by Kate »

Welcome in Midnight Sun Virgin thread BabyEsme2203! :)

That the reason why a lot of us chose to not read it... So we understand you! :)

BabyEsme2203
Learning to Love Green

Post by BabyEsme2203 »

its nice to know we non-midnight readers can stick together, thankyou :D but please, call me Hana^^
Image Image