Adult Thread: Novel~ Psy/Changeling by Nalini Singh

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Re: Adult Thread: Novels~ Psy/Changeling and Dark Hunter

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:50 pm

You are most welcome, LadyDi. I had a feeling those of you reading ebooks would be pleased to see a complete guide. Those of us who aren't reading the ebooks aren't getting the short stories, so maybe this way we can finally get it together.

CG sent me Dragonswan and a short story called "In the Beginning." I will read those within the next day or so.

I was hoping, LadyDi, that you'd volunteer to give us the extras on the short stories. It would be most appreciated.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!

Teak
Wandering Through Town

Post by Teak » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:28 pm

Yes, GNE, The Dream Hunter did have a new set of characters (the dream hunters), but was also very connected to the Dark Hunter's characters and worlds. (Appollymi, Artemis, Archeron, Katra, etc.) You even meet a new Dark Hunter in this book. I also felt this was an important book for future books. It contains some info. that you will read about again in later books. It actually wasn't one of my favorites, but I am glad I read it. I haven't read the other books about the Dream Hunters. I'm guessing they are prob. connected to Dark Hunter world too?? I'm reading a bit out of order because of what my library had in. I'm about to start Archeron; looking forward to that!! I have skipped some of the short stories too, and the anthologies. I guess I should go back and read Dragonswan.

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:37 pm

Thank you so much, Teak, for posting. Your wisdom is very much appreciated. :D

I don't know why I'm complaining about having to read so much. That is unlike me. It's not like I'm suffering through technical writing textbooks. I love delving into new worlds and hanging my hat for a while.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!

Teak
Wandering Through Town

Post by Teak » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:42 pm

Hey, as you know, I've been complaining about keeping all S. Kenyon's books straight!! :D I am still finding her website a bit confusing...
And I guess you are right!! If we are reading lots, at least it's fun reading, even if I can't keep the characters straight sometimes!!
Part of my problem is I will read a series and be immersed in that "world". When I go on to the next author/series it's hard to switch gears and not get them mixed up. By the looks of Archeron's book....I will be in the Dark Hunter world for a while!! It's huge!

LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:33 pm

*silent shriek of terror*
Teak, before you start Acheron, you need to read some of the other DH books, specifically Devil May Cry (#21, I think). You need to have that background information before delving there. The universe is irrevocably changed in Valerius' book, but now I see (with just 60 pages to go to finish Sin's book) that the universe has another huge whammy to the cosmos. It's very :o and :shock: - I want to compare some scenes to BDB, but that would possibly spoil it, so I don't want to do that.
People, keep reading! I have no one to talk to about all this new information! Nena?
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:39 pm

A few of us have been recommending "literary palette cleansers."

This is my own reading list with palette cleansers:

Twilight saga
Black Dagger Brotherhood
Psy/Changelings
Midnight Breed (I read MB after BDB, and I don't recommend it so soon).
Mortal Instruments
BDB Phury
P/C Dorian
Dark Hunter series 1-3
Sookie Stackhouse 1-3
Dark Hunter 4-8
Sookie Stackhouse 4-8
Dead After Dark anthology
Kimberly Raye's Just One Bite (vamp comedy-- NEW WORD ALERT --> vampedy)

Each book is different enough from the previous that nothing old seeps through.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:48 pm

After I clicked submit, I realized I double-posted. Di and I cross posted the first time, and I forgot my post came last since I didn't see hers until after I re-visited.

Di!! This is me --> `\____o (That's me dead with my feet in the air).

I'm gonna cry because I am stuck where I am. Boo hoo hoo. Tonight before bed I will read Dragonswan and the other thing. Tomorrow before i Come home I will buy every DH book I do not already own. I will lock myself in the guest room and not come out unless it's to use the yellow room or visit the Lex.

I'm feeling all faint-like now. Must. Lie. Down.

Stupid chocolate covered treats my in-laws asked me to make for them need to be finished first. I"m 2 sheets of chocolate covered pretzels down. Woo hoo!!
Squee! Thank you, Nena!

Teak
Wandering Through Town

Post by Teak » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:23 am

Hahaha, no worries LadyDi. I've only missed reading the anthologies, some short stories, and Unleash the Night (Wren's book), Upon the Midnight Clear (Dream Hunter, Aidan), and Dream Chaser(Dream Hunter Xypher). I'm hoping the 3 novels I've missed won't impact Archeron's too much!
I do know what you mean though. Sin's book is pivotal!!
There are 2 books from other series I'm dying to read when they come out on Dec. 30th...so I'm trying to fit all this reading in over vacation. Agh!

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:34 am

Teak: One of those books wouldn't happen to be Midnight Breed, would it?

We're waiting too. I haven't read the first 4 chapters yet. Have you? Ack! You can't answer it here. We have another thread for that one.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!

skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:41 am

Today, I went to Boarders and bought 2 books of the DH series. I thought I was getting the first two books in the series but thanks to your post GNE, I was way off.

So I think I'm going to take those back to the bookstore and start on the Psy/Change series. I couldn't locate them in the bookstore because I didn't know what they would be categorized under.

Can someone let me know if it's considered Romance, Sci-Fi, etc. so when I go back, I kind of know where to look. I wanted to ask the people for help but I wasn't too sure of the authors name but now that I saw this thread, I'm going to start with P/C and move on to MB. Then try the DH books.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!