Periods...not a grammar topic

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Periods...not a grammar topic

Post by wishingiwasbella »

What is PCOS. I really don't have regular one's since I got my IUD but the cramps are HORRIBLE! I'll get them in the middle of the month and they make me double over in pain basically like I can't stand up straight I always have to slight hunch over. Ugh I can't wait till I'm ready to have my uterus removed. Lol. why can't guys have this huh why is the cramps only female related.
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

OME. My last period was....terrible. At first, I actually refused to believe I was getting my period. I was literally in denial. I wouldn't put a tampon on. I had some in my locker so I wasn't worried, but I refused to put one on in the morning. It came 23 days after my last one. 23?! I mean, come on, my period isn't regular, but still. How annoying is that?! Ugh. Hopefully I don't get it again until the 2nd or 3rd of October. Ooh, that's when Nick&Nora's Inifinte Playlist comes out. ;)
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

UGH! I just got mine two days ago :oops: ..that's why I haven't been on the lex int he past 2 days much. I've been so sick.... =[

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I just got mine 2 days ago also & let me tell you, I am miserabe. I remember when I was younger, I would get cramps so bad that I would actually be physically ill, I couldn't eat or drink anything for 2 whole days. I would get sick from my own spit.

When I was 18, I went on the pill and that helped alot with the cramps but seeing that I've been off of it for about 3 years now, I've become a bit irregular (I can't tell when it's coming during the month other than I have a slight idea because I get real emotional, either very sad or very easily irritated). I don't suffer from severe cramps anymore but I do get the bloating and hot stabbing pains in my back.

This is the only time in my life where I hate being a girl and can't wait till I hit menopause.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
srabrgr
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by srabrgr »

I got mine 4 days ago, and in my weights class (wich is my favorite part of school) I could barely run and when we did squats, OH GOD, it hurt so bad. Cramps + Squats = NOT GOOD. :(
"Don't forget those sparklin' day walkers!"
cutesweetiezzz
Fishing with Charlie

Post by cutesweetiezzz »

I got mines on Monday and it stopped just yesterday. It wasn't that bad. Thank god we didn't do a lot of physical stuff in PE. I hate it when I have my period and have to go to PE. It's like hell. Plus my periods never ever come on time which sucks even more.
Thank you Camille for making me this banner and being such an amazing friend and person. Love you. <3
LaTuaCantante1
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by LaTuaCantante1 »

oh my god. i saw the title and had to come in here. i feel bad for any male who wonders in here. i just have to say for those who believ in god....he has to be a man. only a man would think this funny. and no woman would do this to herself. for those who dont believe in god. boy did we get jipped on evolution.

as some one mentioned earlier about it being something you doing mention i found it funny. why i first got it. i was sooooo emmbarrased. i didnt want anyone to know. not even my other girl friends. i told like my all time best friend that was it. i tired ignoring it. that didnt work by the end of the day. i was 11 when it happened to me. i never told any of my friends. someone fianly asked me in eigth grade. they were so surprised i had kept it a secret for so long.

im a senior now and for the most part im not too embarressed anymore. except for the occasional purse falling on the floor and spilling out. when i was younger i was embarressed when my mom would put the femine products on the conveyor bet at the store. i wouldnt look at the check out clerk. especially if it was a guy. now i think its funny cuz it makes mots guy so uncomfortable. oh well
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by oleander »

wishingiwasbella wrote:What is PCOS. I really don't have regular one's since I got my IUD but the cramps are HORRIBLE! I'll get them in the middle of the month and they make me double over in pain basically like I can't stand up straight I always have to slight hunch over. Ugh I can't wait till I'm ready to have my uterus removed. Lol. why can't guys have this huh why is the cramps only female related.
PCOS is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. I'd try to explain it myself, but wikipedia does a pretty good job of it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycystic_ovary_syndrome

I used to lament the fact that guys don't get the cramps and bloating and other lovely side effects of our monthly "friend" but a lot of them end up with swollen prostates when they get older and have to deal with not being able to pee and potentially embarrassing and uncomfortable prostate examinations. ;)

I have to force start my period and today was the first day of the process. The gyno said that if my ovaries aren't totally destroyed that i should be flowing by monday...hooray...a week of hemorrhaging. sigh.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

oleander wrote: I have to force start my period and today was the first day of the process. The gyno said that if my ovaries aren't totally destroyed that i should be flowing by monday...hooray...a week of hemorrhaging. sigh.
How do you force start your period? I've never heard of that before.

I hated when I got my period in school & I was never prepared. One time in class I got it and I was wearing very light jeans (remember the 80's, very light washed blue jeans) and my teacher wouldn't let me leave class. So I had to wait and you can imagine what happened. My jeans were red, thank God I had a long tee-shirt on that covered most of the back of my pants. How embarrassing.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
vampluv78
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by vampluv78 »

i have an irregular period so i normally have one once every couple monthes. before you say lucky read on. it last about a month and I get dreadfully sick the week before till about two days after. not to mention the pain. i started when i was ten so i've had a total of fourteen periods. my mom doesnt even know of me being irregular, she'd just take me to a doctor, and i dont do doctors. it really bites when over the summer your best friend calls inviting you to a pool party and you are 'bloody mary' sick so you cant go, she says ok so i'll move it for next week. i had to hang up on her to keep from yelling i just told her after the week was up wthat i was grounded and she should go on and have her party.
now since im already talking of it i will tell you of my most embarrassing moment. go ahead and laugh, its funny in a strange way.
so you already know i get sick because of 'bloody mary' that means fever vomiting, lightheadedness, fainting, lost of appetite, the works. ok so you get that, will its not like i can miss two monthes of school every year so last year i had gym for a monthe and it was 'bloody mary' monthe. about a week in my teacher was yelling at me for sitting down on a bench when we was supposed to be doing otherwise (dont ask i dont remember) it was a male and the only thing going through my head is 'yeah he doesnt feel this pain. so i took a sip of water and stood up, holding the wall so i wont fall and looked him square in the eye and yelled 'i'm not going through this torture anymore i'm on my What on earth does fornification under consent of king have to do with this? period for gods sake, shut the hell up and dont mess with me' then i fainted! when i woke up he handed me my water with an amuse expression and said 'you could have said something i would have understood' I shook my head 'no you wouldnt you a guy you dont go through such pains.' he laughed and went to get the nurse and consuler.
:oops:
yeah so who all laughed? its fine if you did like i said it was funny, besides me getting grounded and a detention.
[Image