Periods...not a grammar topic

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Periods...not a grammar topic

Post by StupidxLamb »

malaz wrote:i got mine when i was 12
my mom was like 'congratulations" -- uhhh, congrats for what? endless pain for the rest of my life.
Lol. No, not the rest of your life...just the next 30-40 years. :lol: That's what my mom told me when I was 12. I wasn't too thrilled. :roll:
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

StupidxLamb wrote:
malaz wrote:i got mine when i was 12
my mom was like 'congratulations" -- uhhh, congrats for what? endless pain for the rest of my life.
Lol. No, not the rest of your life...just the next 30-40 years. :lol: That's what my mom told me when I was 12. I wasn't too thrilled. :roll:
oh, i know that. that's why i can't wait till i am in my late forties or fifties. that's when it stops. WHOOHOO!! actaully i take that bad. i don't want to get old. :lol:

It would be rather awkward as a 70 year old with a monthly visit *shudder*
rain.on.me
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by rain.on.me »

Elizabeth wrote:
rain.on.me wrote:tampons really hurt me, too. i cant even get one in just the tiniest bit. i cant use them. :(
but yeah, any advice on that would be good :)
Simplymortal offered some real good advice, but even if you insert a tampon correctly, you may want to try several sizes, sometimes you may be using one that is too big, try the junior sizes. Also, the ones with an applicator, especially something like gentle glide, are easier to insert. Lastly, you may being doing everything right and still find tampons uncomfortable. Some women cannot wear tampons. I recently went to my doctor with this problem. If you experience issues with using tampons after trying different sizes, applicators, etc. and you are concerned, you may want to talk to your doctor. My doctor believes I may have a problem with a muscle that interferes with using tampons :(
thanks! i'll definately try what you guys suggested, though i doubt i'll be going to a doctor about it. thats so wierd about the muscle thing, i never knew that could happen... :shock: just another thing to add to my list of worries :?... but thank you, again.
~twilight_princess~
Wandering Through Town

Post by ~twilight_princess~ »

rain.on.me wrote:
Elizabeth wrote:
rain.on.me wrote:tampons really hurt me, too. i cant even get one in just the tiniest bit. i cant use them. :(
but yeah, any advice on that would be good :)
Simplymortal offered some real good advice, but even if you insert a tampon correctly, you may want to try several sizes, sometimes you may be using one that is too big, try the junior sizes. Also, the ones with an applicator, especially something like gentle glide, are easier to insert. Lastly, you may being doing everything right and still find tampons uncomfortable. Some women cannot wear tampons. I recently went to my doctor with this problem. If you experience issues with using tampons after trying different sizes, applicators, etc. and you are concerned, you may want to talk to your doctor. My doctor believes I may have a problem with a muscle that interferes with using tampons :(
thanks! i'll definately try what you guys suggested, though i doubt i'll be going to a doctor about it. thats so wierd about the muscle thing, i never knew that could happen... :shock: just another thing to add to my list of worries :?... but thank you, again.
I have worn them before, but they hurt really bad. Thanks for the advice though. I find that plastic applicators are easier to put in. But I try different sizes. Or see a doctor. Thanks!

Anyone with a facebook should join my Stephenie Meyer group! Here:
http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10202818409
Lioness Rampant

Post by Lioness Rampant »

many women cannot wear tampons!
I can, but I hate them all the same...
what sux is when all your friends have POOL parties on your week!!! grrr... then you have to chose- being comfortable or swimming?
now we are smart enough to compare calendars... :lol:
my best friend started when she was 15!!! i started when I was 11!
ColormeBSG
Liz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Liz »

I use tampons because it's much "neater" for me hehe. I don't even feel them there really.

So since we are ranting about periods - I started yesterday and it was my bday! I was hoping it would hold off for a day or so...it's usually not "like clockwork." Sigh. So I enjoyed cramps and heavy flow. Lovely present. :x

Every fight is a food fight, when you're a cannibal.
-Demetri Martin
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

Lioness Rampant wrote:many women cannot wear tampons!
I can, but I hate them all the same...
what sux is when all your friends have POOL parties on your week!!! grrr... then you have to chose- being comfortable or swimming?
now we are smart enough to compare calendars... :lol:
my best friend started when she was 15!!! i started when I was 11!
I have never tried tampons. I am too embarresed to go and buy them. Since my mom gets pads. i just use that. haha...
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

Tampons aren't the way to go for me, even in the summer. If it's hot and I can't go to the pool, I just stay inside and read, play games, or go on the computer. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I haven't tried! But after merely attempting at least four times, I gave up. I can't find doing something like that easy or natural.

If only there was some way of not having your period at all. It'd be so nice if there was some kind of on/off switch. I'd never pick on! Of course, then that wouldn't be "healthy".... *sigh* I hate not having a way out of it.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
Lioness Rampant

malaz wrote:I have never tried tampons. I am too embarresed to go and buy them. Since my mom gets pads. i just use that. haha...
pads are the best, most comfortable and easily disposable! :lol: this is an interseting topic
I go and buy my supplies all the time. sometimes I make my dad do it for me! it doesn't bother him though...
sometimes I wonder if the cashiers look at him funny... :lol:
omj, I got a funny email the other day about the " always" motto
Must.Go.Find!!!
ColormeBSG
Lioness Rampant

found it!
Have a Happy Period!
This is an actual letter from a woman in Austin, TX sent to American company Proctor and Gamble regarding their feminine products. She really gets rolling after the first paragraph. It's PC Magazine's 2007 editors' choice for best webmail-award-winning letter...

Dear Mr. Thatcher,

I have been a loyal user of your 'Always' maxi pads for over 20 years and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the LeakGuard Core or Dri-Weave absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts. But my favorite feature has to be your revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic. I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants.

Have you ever had a menstrual period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered from the curse'? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my time of the month is starting right now. As I type, I can already feel hormonal forces violently surging through my body. Just a few minutes from now, my body will adjust and I'll be transformed into what my husband likes to call 'an inbred hillbilly with knife skills.' Isn't the human body amazing?

As Brand Manager in the Feminine-Hygiene Division, you've no doubt seen quite a bit of research on what exactly happens during your customers' monthly visits from 'Aunt Flo'. Therefore, you must know about the bloating, puffiness, and cramping we endure, and about our intense mood swings, crying jags, and out-of-control behavior. You surely realize it's a tough time for most women. In fact, only last week, my friend Jennifer fought the violent urge to shove her boyfriend's testicles into a George Foreman Grill just because he told her he thought Grey's Anatomy was written by drunken chimps. Crazy!

The point is, sir, you of all people must realize that America is just crawling with homicidal maniacs in Capri pants... Which brings me to the reason for my letter. Last month, while in the throes of cramping so painful I wanted to reach inside my body and yank out my uterus, I opened an Always maxi-pad, and there, printed on the adhesive backing, were these words: 'Have a Happy Period'.

Are you fu*%ing kidding me? What I mean is, does any part of your tiny middle-manager brain really think happiness - actual smiling, laughing happiness is possible during a menstrual period? Did anything mentioned above sound the least bit pleasurable? Well, did it, James? FYI, unless you're some kind of sick S&M freak girl, there will never be anything 'happy' about a day in which you have to jack yourself up on Motrin and Kahlua and lock yourself in your house just so you don't march down to the local Walgreen's armed with a hunting rifle and a sketchy plan to end your life in a blaze of glory.

For the love of God, pull your head out, man! If you just have to slap a moronic message on a maxi pad, wouldn't it make more sense to say something that's actually pertinent, like 'Put down the Hammer' or 'Vehicular Manslaughter is Wrong', or are you just picking on us? Sir, please inform your Accounting Department that, effective immediately, there will be an $8 drop in monthly profits, for I have chosen to take my maxi-pad business elsewhere. And though I will certainly miss your Flex-Wings, I will not for one minute miss your brand of condescending bull sh*t. And that's a promise I will keep. Always!

Best,
Wendi Aarons
Austin , TX
I couldn't stop laughing!
please enjoy
ColormeBSG