Strange Compliments

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Layla_Hale
Touched By Cold Hands
Location: Near Forks.....the ones in my kitchen drawer (not too far from Spoons, either)

Re: Strange Compliments

Post by Layla_Hale » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:39 pm

so, the other day we're watching a movie in class and im sitting next to one of my friends and she just randomly says "you smell" . i just look at her for a minute and then she's like "in a good way! kind of ..... sweet" and then she starts sniffing my hair and my hoodie and stuff trying to figure just why i smell so good. she couldn't really place it, so we concluded that i'm just a vampire. :lol: lol

General Major of Jasper's Confederate Army
Smooth Alesio Tagliano~Mafia
Twi-Twin Ayan
Randie from #2
The Epic Battle of Spring '09-Air Raid Instigator
Volturi: Sophia

StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:46 pm

^Haha! That's so funny. Your friend sounds like me. I am always telling people when they smell good. Haha.

So last night I went to a youth group lockin. One of the adults (he's 21, I'm 16, and he's practically engaged) who helps out with the youth group picks on me ALL the time. I've known him for a couple of years, and he never eases up. :roll: It gets annoying. Anyway, we were joking around last night and I said something funny and he said, "Haha! You're going to be so much fun when you're in college." Me: :? "What?" "You know, to hang out with." Me: :shock: "And what am I now?" Him: "Well, a little weird."

:roll:
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy

edward x lover
Fishing with Charlie

Post by edward x lover » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:16 pm

^^^HAHA
So my guy-friend told me today that my hair looked cute. All short and frizzy. And I was like is that a good thing and he was like yeah I like it :?:
~Lee~
Team Ian because human guys can be perfect.
Team Edward-Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901
RDC<3

Valentina
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Valentina » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:53 am

StupidxLamb - I'm going to assume a youth group lock-in is not a conventional lock-in... a lock-in is when people go to a pub and they lock the doors and everyone gets crazy drunk. So I'm guessing a youth group lock-in would be when you go and stay the whole night and play games and stuff. Our youth group did those occasionally (a lot of planning work and we didn't have a youth pastor so it was all the parents), and they were really fun.

Oh and next time you see him, point out that you might get weirder in college. I certainly have gotten weirder since my youth group days.

Layla - Or maybe your friend is a vampire, and that's why she can smell you so well. And if you weren't wearing perfume... definitely she's the vampire. Any mysterious bite marks on her neck? She been sleeping more than usual lately? Aversion to funeral processions? Showing up at the foot of your bed at night? Sheridan le Fanu suggests these may be signs that your friend is actually a shapeshifting vampire who wants an eternal companion.

simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:32 am

edward x lover wrote:^^^HAHA
So my guy-friend told me today that my hair looked cute. All short and frizzy. And I was like is that a good thing and he was like yeah I like it :?:
haha my guy friend tells me stuff like that. sometimes he says "your hair smells good. do you use shampoo?" and i was like "...SunSilk" it's kinda weird
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.

Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:08 pm

people are always telling me they like my hair. i mean, my hair is ok, but i get really annoyed with it because it can get all frizzy and puffy. but, all these random people are like, "i loooove your hair!" and i'm like, "thanks..?"

one time, this lady i didn't even know, i guess it was an old friend of my mom's or something, met me and she was just like "you're beautiful." i thought it was nice, but a little strange, as i didn't even know her name.

another weird thing is, my friend who's a guy told me he liked my jacket. i didn't know guys even noticed stuff like that!
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you

heifergrl1
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Following the ever so saucy Eric Northman around...a lot...

Post by heifergrl1 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:12 am

I have had several strange compliments before. In the first month of high school one of my new friends said that I was the buffest chick he had ever seen. I thought that it was really weird..cause I am relatively strong since I grew up on a farm but I've never been known as the buffest chick. Also, my english teacher (I hate her with a firey passion) came up to me in the middle of a quiz and whispered in my ear "I just wanted to let you know that your haircut is darling and that shirt is a really good color for you."....One of the most awkward moments of my life......

-Elizabeth
Oh the deliciousness!
E<3B

maggiepants
Wandering Through Town

Post by maggiepants » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:10 am

Whenever a new comedy movie comes out, my friends always tell me they want to go see it with me because I have a good laugh. I thought I found that really weird, until I started listening to people's laughs. You can totally pick out the good ones.

StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:16 am

I wonder if these teachers know how little their complimenets are wanted? :lol:
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy

Jane V
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Jane V » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:35 pm

wowwwwww.

luckily, i have never had a teacher i didn't like compliment me, or a complete stranger....hmm. which is probably a good thing.

oh, wait, i take that back. one of my teachers, [who i thought hated me and my friend; i didn't like her either], told my mom i was a "lovely girl" or something like that. i was like ??????
"quite a pity how things turned out, isn't it?" -Jane, Eclipse

something you didn't know about the Volturi:
Felix has a medical condition. it's called Obsessive Winking Disorder. don't tell him i told you