Strange Compliments

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Strange Compliments

Post by wildroses »

oh! i didn't think i had any teacher compliments, but i actually do! it was so creepy, okay so heres what happened...

i had on this pink dress..and okay it was a little more low cut than what i usually wear but anyways..it was more like a fushia color-really bright- so i'm walking down the halls, and a teacher that isn't even my teacher randomly says to me "hey, thats a cute dress sweetie." *smiles*
i was like *freezes* "oh..uh..thanks?" *walks away quickly*
teachers calling you sweetie and complimenting your dress in the same sentence is never a good sign...
randomness bum<3
Layla_Hale
Touched By Cold Hands
Location: Near Forks.....the ones in my kitchen drawer (not too far from Spoons, either)

Post by Layla_Hale »

Valentina: nope, i was wearing perfume and none of those other things apply, so i think it's safe to say she's the human one. and anyways, i'd like to be the awesome vampire! haha!

oh, i just remembered a really crazy one. a couple years ago, this guy was sitting behind me in modern history (he's really outgoing and crazy anyway, haha) and he sniffs (well, deeply inhales is more like it) my hair and loudly goes: wow your hair smells really good! like peaches and cream!

peaches and cream?!?! it makes me think of yogurt..... :?

*my compliment wasn't so strange it killed the thread, was it?*

General Major of Jasper's Confederate Army
Smooth Alesio Tagliano~Mafia
Twi-Twin Ayan
Randie from #2
The Epic Battle of Spring '09-Air Raid Instigator
Volturi: Sophia
Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. »

i was at this vintage store today and the guy that runs it (hollywood--yes, he's gay) told me that this baby blue blouse i had on really brought out the color in my eyes...but my eyes are brown? sooo i guess it wasn't really a strange compliment so much as a compliment i didn't quite understand... :?

also, i had someone tell me they found my facebook status updates very entertaining. i guess that one is pretty random..
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

wildroses wrote:oh! i didn't think i had any teacher compliments, but i actually do! it was so creepy, okay so heres what happened...

i had on this pink dress..and okay it was a little more low cut than what i usually wear but anyways..it was more like a fushia color-really bright- so i'm walking down the halls, and a teacher that isn't even my teacher randomly says to me "hey, thats a cute dress sweetie." *smiles*
i was like *freezes* "oh..uh..thanks?" *walks away quickly*
teachers calling you sweetie and complimenting your dress in the same sentence is never a good sign...
ok, that teacher is just plain creepy. :shock: i would be scared of him for the rest of my life.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by StupidxLamb »

Tengo Nubs. wrote:i was at this vintage store today and the guy that runs it (hollywood--yes, he's gay) told me that this baby blue blouse i had on really brought out the color in my eyes...but my eyes are brown? sooo i guess it wasn't really a strange compliment so much as a compliment i didn't quite understand... :?

also, i had someone tell me they found my facebook status updates very entertaining. i guess that one is pretty random..
Heheehe brown is a contrasting color to blue. So a blue shirt would in the end make you eyes stand out. :D

Ok...so there was a man in a wheelchair at church yesterday. I lectored at that mass, which means I went up on the pulpit and read the reading for the day. I've done that a lot, and the man in the wheelchair found me after mass when I was talking to my friends. He said, "I've seen you lector before, and I just wanted to say that when you read, you have this glow around you. It's really amazing, and I feel like God is telling me that you might have a religious calling. Have you ever considered that?" I was polite, and really, it was SO unexpected. But my first thought was, I HAVE A GLOW?! Sweet. Then I thought, "Wait, why isn't God telling ME this?" :lol: I thought about being a nun, actually, when I was 14. But I quickly changed my mind because I got a crush and thought "No way." :oops:
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
heifergrl1
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Following the ever so saucy Eric Northman around...a lot...

Post by heifergrl1 »

Oh Oh Oh!!! I've got another good one!! Somehow I have become a magnet for awkward moments.

This happened to me during the summer when I went on a houseboat with my family (was lots of fun if you haven't been on a houseboat you totally should ;) )

While we were in the marina packing our stuff into the boat, my cousin and I had to help this guy get our stuff out of the truck. He was nice...but he flirted with me the entire time. It was funny though because he was on his quad and he said "I'm gonna run you over!" and I just kept walking towards him. But then he kept hanging around our boat...he wasn't even doing his job or anything...he was just lingering.

Also, when we went back to pick up my aunt a couple days later, another guy who worked there started staring at me. I just ignored it for a while, but then he was walking past me and he said "how you doin'?" I was all "..uh...I'm ok..." My cousin was walking with me at the time and she thought it was hilarious. I was more like WTF was that!?!?! And he kept staring at me!!! It made me really unconfortable. He wasn't even cute or anything!

It was one weird trip for me...I've never had two boys be all flirty and stalker like at once and I never want it to happen again. I can't take the pressure :D .

Sorry this was kinda long but I had to tell it :D .

-Elizabeth
Oh the deliciousness!
E<3B
Waffle of Doom
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie
Location: On the Mafia's Living Room Floor, Plotting the Takeover of Japan

Post by Waffle of Doom »

I think I attract weird completments, it seems like I have a new one to post here every few days...

Anyways, today I was turning something into the front desk of my school and the lady says to me, "You look really good with a little color," I said thanks, but in my mind I was like, "WTF? I'm freaking sunburned and look like a tomato, my face is even peeling!" it was weird because it made zero sense.
FanFiction /Twilight Mafia ~Angry Little Sabina/ Team Laurent~ Co-Boss/Volturi~ Jinx
Isobelle
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Isobelle »

I was getting my eyebrows waxed, and the stylist told me that I have beautiful eyebrows.

Just so you know, when I walked into the salon, I was desperately in need of the wax. My eyebrows grow out of control.
lag28wa
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lag28wa »

Haha! That's funny Isobelle! You're thinking, what do you think I'm here for!?!? Because they need help!!

This never happened to me before I moved to Pensacola, FL, but while living there I had several people ask me if my hair was real, and when I said "Yes", the would say something like "Oh, it looks great" Now I don't know if I should take that as a compliment or an insult, I think my hair looks perfectly real! (There is a pic in the hair styles thread if you want to check)

Also the mother of a patient I had once, whom I had never met before in my life said "DId you just get our hair cut!?" (like how would she know? She's never seen me before!) and when I told her "Not recently" she said "Oh, well, it suits you." (again, how would she know if it suits me if she doesn't even know me!)

I know those people had good intentions, but just always thought those were strange things to say, no?

Oh! And Waffle- something similar happened to me, I hate gotten sooo sunburned on my face at an air show, my face was soooo red. Like tomato red. I even tried to use the Bare Essenctuals Bare Minerals stuff that is supposed to have excellent coverage without being to heavy which is good you don't want some heavy make up on especially if you have a bright red sunburn! The Bare minerals helped but I was still a tomato! Someone commented that I looked good with a little color. It wasn't the normal unit I work on, so maybe that has something to do with it.
It is not length of life, but depth of life---Ralph Waldo Emerson
Banner by emaleth @ Vesparium
audreywarenne
Frozen in Time

Post by audreywarenne »

So last time i was talking to my friend Tyler and i forget how we got onto this topic but we were talking about friends and other BS and who we talk to ect.

Tyler: I choose who I talk too, no one else.
Me: That's comforting.
Tyler: I'm talking to you aren't I?
Me: I'm not sure if I should say thank you or be completely insulted.
Tyler: Trust me, it's a compliment.
Me: Now why do I find that hard to believe?
Tyler: Because you know me too well to think otherwise.

i have to say he had me there.
~ Cowards aren't the only ones who die a thousand deaths, sometimes heroes do too
~ I take Banner/Avatar Requests, send a PM