Strange Compliments

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
StupidxLamb
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Strange Compliments

Post by StupidxLamb »

Waffle of Doom wrote:Okay, at my school we have a really strict dress code that pretty much limits us to jeans, t-shirts (have to be crew neck with NO design) and polos. Well I'm like Alice in the way that I like everybody to look fabulous, well mostly me, so I put a belt around the wasit of my polo to jazz it up. And now for the strange part, I was up at the grading table checking a book and this teacher, whom I've never seen before, comes up behind me and puts her hand on my belt and goes, "What a creative way to dress up a polo, good for you!" I was like, "Umm, okay, thanks?"
Lol. "Good for you." That's awesome. :D
Team Edward
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world because they'd never expect it"-Jack Handy
lidiacriss
Wandering Through Town

Post by lidiacriss »

today I was at a quick shop and I was getting a coffee and some girl walked up to me and told me that I had great legs, it was a little weird
Un Fantasma Tra Noi
Settled in Forks

Post by Un Fantasma Tra Noi »

i've been told that i look like a china doll on more than one occasion. At first i was like what is that supposed to mean? They told me it was because of my super pale skin, dark hair and eyes. At first i didn't like it, but now i think it is neat. I know i'm super pale and i'm proud of it! 8-)
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

today i was wearing a minnie dress and my guy friend was like "your dress is so short!" then i said "but i'm wearing shorts under it -- see" then he said "what are you getting all worked up about -- i wasn't complaining" and i was like "err..." :lol: i didn't really know how to respond to that
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
bellaaa
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bellaaa »

^hehehe.

last night i was working, and a man came up to the register to say "hey, did you know you have really blue eyes??" ...umm, what? did i know? shockingly enough, since i've come across a few mirrors in the last 20 years of my life, i've seen them myself. so i very kindly responded with "really!!?! are you serious?!" and rang him up while he stood with the blankest of all blank stares. i felt bad afterward that i made him feel stupid... but hey, if the shoe fits....
look after my heart... i've left it with you
psugar
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by psugar »

Waffle of Doom wrote:Okay, at my school we have a really strict dress code that pretty much limits us to jeans, t-shirts (have to be crew neck with NO design) and polos. Well I'm like Alice in the way that I like everybody to look fabulous, well mostly me, so I put a belt around the wasit of my polo to jazz it up. And now for the strange part, I was up at the grading table checking a book and this teacher, whom I've never seen before, comes up behind me and puts her hand on my belt and goes, "What a creative way to dress up a polo, good for you!" I was like, "Umm, okay, thanks?"
Same thing happened to me this is what happened, except our dress code is different but you got the idea.

Boy: Why do you wear your belt like that
Me:Why aren't you?
Boy:...
Teacher:I love your style I might have to do that myself!

My teacher is 29 years old, I think she is a little past the semi rebel style that I have.
Trainee of EDC-Let's break down some houses!
In my version of Twilight Jacob never existed!
x_mystical_dreams
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by x_mystical_dreams »

psugar wrote:
Same thing happened to me this is what happened, except our dress code is different but you got the idea.

My teacher is 29 years old, I think she is a little past the semi rebel style that I have.
Haha I hate it when teachers compliment your style because it kind of ruins whatever outfit you're wearing :lol:
Like I wore these tights to school once and they have a kind of square pattern on (its hard to explain) anyways they were quite groovy :D & I walked into chemistry & my teacher was staring at me with a really odd look on his face, so I was like 'can I help you sir?' and he goes 'no, no, i was just admiring your tights they're rather cool aren't they!' was just think to myself ':( you've just officially made them the most uncool tights ever' :lol:
maybe someday I'll come around and tell you
all the things that I never said
with the courage that I never found

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
Waffle of Doom
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie
Location: On the Mafia's Living Room Floor, Plotting the Takeover of Japan

Post by Waffle of Doom »

x_mystical_dreams wrote:
psugar wrote:

Haha I hate it when teachers compliment your style because it kind of ruins whatever outfit you're wearing :lol:
Like I wore these tights to school once and they have a kind of square pattern on (its hard to explain) anyways they were quite groovy :D & I walked into chemistry & my teacher was staring at me with a really odd look on his face, so I was like 'can I help you sir?' and he goes 'no, no, i was just admiring your tights they're rather cool aren't they!' was just think to myself ':( you've just officially made them the most uncool tights ever' :lol:
Teachers do have a way of making totally awesome stuff really lame and uncool. Earlier today a teacher told me how much they liked my hair and asked if I dyed it, and I was like, "no, this is my natural color, the sun makes it look different." they looked at me like I had 3 heads!
FanFiction /Twilight Mafia ~Angry Little Sabina/ Team Laurent~ Co-Boss/Volturi~ Jinx
waiting tobe dazzled
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by waiting tobe dazzled »

x_mystical_dreams wrote:

Haha I hate it when teachers compliment your style because it kind of ruins whatever outfit you're wearing
Like I wore these tights to school once and they have a kind of square pattern on (its hard to explain) anyways they were quite groovy & I walked into chemistry & my teacher was staring at me with a really odd look on his face, so I was like 'can I help you sir?' and he goes 'no, no, i was just admiring your tights they're rather cool aren't they!' was just think to myself ':( you've just officially made them the most uncool tights ever'
I think so too!

I had a teacher once who was known for dressing..a bit young,to put it nicely. Anyway, I had just bought this shirt and loved it! Well I go into her class and notice her starring at me all through class ad then she asks me to stay after, I was just thinking "oh crap,I'm failing! So I go to her desk after class and she tells me that she loves my shirt and wants to know where I got it. I was relieved but also irritated at the fact that she stressed me out all class justs she could figure out where I shop. So anyway, I tell her and on Monday (it was Friday when she interrogated me about my shopping location) i walk into class and she is wearing that exact shirt, she didn't even bother getting a different color lol!
Long story short, I officially had to retire that shirt from all school functions.
Field Supervisor of EDC, Inc.
Team Edward-Knight in Shining Volvo
Team Rosalie-Every Rose has it's thorn
Cotton Candy Revolutionists~Jell-O Wars of 09’
lidiacriss
Wandering Through Town

Post by lidiacriss »

at my school any teacher but one saying that your clothes are cute would totally ruin your outfit, but my english teacher has an amazing taste in clothing and everyone loves her, and she continually compliments me on my clothes and every one says 'm lucky