What is height to you?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Lara Cullen
Settled in Forks

Re: What is height to you?

Post by Lara Cullen »

I'm 161 cm, which is I think 5'2 but I'm only 13 so..It's not too short
Everyone looked up adrenaline rush on Google after they saw the movie. =)

JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I would love to say height doesn't matter but it does...I'm almost 22 and 5'2 and I hate going home to visit because everyone is so much taller than me and puts thing in cabinets up high or on the top shelf of closets so I have to be a monkey and climb to get stuff

LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

It's not a lot to me. I don't even know how tall I am. I'd guess about 165 centimetres which would be ... 5' 5" (Thank you, Google.) It's kind of average, I guess?
When I was younger I was tall for my age. People kept saying how tall I would be when I grew up. My parents were already discussing possible surgeries for me if I'd become too tall. :? Luckily for me I just stopped growing at some point.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana

eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

Umm well I'm 5'11" and I'm 16, so I'm a fair bit taller than many people, but I'm not fussed. I seem to have very short friends though :? But, I know it may sound mean or superficial, but I cannot bring myself to date or marry someone shorter than me..My brother's 2 years younger than me and only about an inch shorter and growing rapidly so I'm bracing myself for when I get back from exchange after 12 months net year for him to be WAY past me :lol:
Most of the guys in my group are taller than me finally so I don't feel as bad standing in a cirlce with them:lol:
But yeah, height, generally doesn't bother me, but when it comes to relationships, yeah they have to be taller, and bigger (im only slight so they can be very masculine so I can curl up in their arms :D)
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner

twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I wish I was taller, but I guess my height is okay! :D
I don't know why, but people in Anaheim put a huge deal on height, "OMG YOU ARE SO SHORT!" who cares?!
ImageImage
E<3B

JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

people everywhere are like that...I wish I was taller too sometimes, but being short does have its advantages

Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

Being short can be hard but my short friends and I have come up some advantages.

1. When you trip, you don't have very far to fall.

2. You can wear heels and not be taller than most of the guys you know.

3. You never have to clean the top of a fridge or high cabinets because you don't know how dirty they are because you can't see it.

4. It is much easier to hide from people.

5. You can fit in smaller spaces.

6. When it starts to rain, it will hit a taller person first so you have more warning to get into shelter.

That is all I can think of right now.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza

Dont_Call_Me_Nessie
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dont_Call_Me_Nessie »

Average height is something like 5'4" for women and 5'8" for men. Perception-wise, for myself I would say 5'10" + is tall for a girl, and 6'+ is tall for a man.

Also, if tallness is generally considered a good thing(which I think it is, you might not agree), at what point, if any, is a person "too tall"?

Cupcake
Settled in Forks

Post by Cupcake »

Mrs. Jasper Hale wrote:Being short can be hard but my short friends and I have come up some advantages.

1. When you trip, you don't have very far to fall.

2. You can wear heels and not be taller than most of the guys you know.

3. You never have to clean the top of a fridge or high cabinets because you don't know how dirty they are because you can't see it.

4. It is much easier to hide from people.

5. You can fit in smaller spaces.

6. When it starts to rain, it will hit a taller person first so you have more warning to get into shelter.

That is all I can think of right now.
:lol: :lol:

That's too funny. I have a friend who's 5'0 even. I'll have to send that to her.

Ever since I was 14, I always thought I was 5'7 but as it turns out, I'm actually 5'8...so that's something like 172 inches???

That seems really tall to me for some reason.

Anyway, until I was 18, I was always taller than all my guy friends. Once they all hit puberty, they hit it with a vengeance...My closest friends are 6'2, 6'4 and 6'6 (186, 194 and 199cm...approximately), because they're freaks. My tallest girlfriend is about 5'11 so I never really have the problem of feeling insecure with being the tallest person anymore unless I'm with my dad's family.

They're all Mexican/Native so on average, I'm around people who average about 5'6 at their tallest...when they stand up REALLY straight.

No one really knows where I got my height from though there have been speculations about radioactive spiders and nuclear power plants. :roll:

I don't know, my husband is about 6'1 and calls me Short Stack but I don't really think of myself as short.

I don't really think 5'8 is too tall for a girl. I think anything between 5'4 and 5'9 is pretty average for a chick.

Guys, on average, I think about 5'10 is short for a guy but then again....I told you about the kinds of freaks that I hang out with so....my opinion isn't totally unbiased. lol

As for being too tall. When I girl starts to hit 6', then she should just give up the hope of ever being petite and just embrace her inner amazon.

I don't know, aren't most models pushing 6'?? But I think that's probably the tallest that I would be comfortable.

As for guys, too tall??? Anything pushing 6'4.

When I have to climb you like a spider monkey to punch you in the face....yeah, that's too tall.

Now, I know that I'm not short but I am the shortest one in my bunch so I have to ask some of the shorties here...

What's your best defense when people start using you as an armrest/drinkholder or other table like object??

Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale »

Cupcake wrote:What's your best defense when people start using you as an armrest/drinkholder or other table like object??
Well I've learned to embrace my shortness and just let people use me for silly things like that but I used to either elbow them in the side as hard as possible, stomp on feet, slap, I bit a guy once, or duck when they weren't paying attention and make them tople over.
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza