How do you talk?

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
lidiacriss
Wandering Through Town

Re: How do you talk?

Post by lidiacriss »

the way I speak depends on who I'm talking to
I tend to match my voice to that of the person I'm talking to
even if they have a completely different accent from mine, I will add a hint of their accent to mine
I don't do this on purpose, but it just happens
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

lidiacriss wrote:the way I speak depends on who I'm talking to
I tend to match my voice to that of the person I'm talking to
even if they have a completely different accent from mine, I will add a hint of their accent to mine
I don't do this on purpose, but it just happens
I do the same thing!! It's annoying because to everyone else, I sound pretentious, but really, I can't help myself.

My friends make fun of me because I start sounding like my parents when I talk to them on the phone, but as soon as I get off, I'm American again. :lol:
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
Immy93
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Immy93 »

Vampire.Bunny wrote: love british accents though...
I am quite impressed by how much love the british accent is getting! Very cool! :D
A guy with an Australien accent though, come on! You haev to swoon!
xxx
ImageEdward Cullen
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

^ I agree, I love Australian accents!!! It's soo charming.
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
Laura
Wandering Through Town

Post by Laura »

My parents are both from Ohio so I have a somewhat northern sounding accent. I would say it's pretty neutral. I'm good at enunciating and I really love to talk (A LOT) I rarely shut up =) One of my best friends told me that when I speak it has a natural rythm to it even if it's jumbled it flows really well. I don't know, sometimes I think I sound like a fool haha! I love not sounding like I'm from Kentucky. It sets me apart but I have picked up a little bit of KY speech habits. Loo-uh-vul instead of Looie-ville for example. I really like British and Irish accents and I have a thing for Southern accents (so cute if they come with intelligence!)
They were perfect, they were beautiful.They met in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of nothing, and kissed where everyone could see.No words. No before.No after. They kissed and it was perfect. It was beautiful. It was everything. It was nothing. -AFI
nightrunner
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by nightrunner »

Immy93 wrote:I am quite impressed by how much love the british accent is getting! Very cool! :D
I second that i didn't think so many ppl liked our accent, i live up north n have a very subtle geordie accent which i love coz im proud of being from the north east!!!
Last edited by nightrunner on Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Alexa | Im on The List : Lexus | banner from narnia
Mafia Valentina Ricci
Team Esme | Bri and The Brits
aprilshowers
Settled in Forks

Post by aprilshowers »

I live in Scotland and have a scottish accent. I wouldn't say it is really strong. Think Cho in Harry Potter. Mel Gibson's accent in Braveheart is nothing like the scottish accent.

I think it's hilarious how americans pronounce Gerard Bultler's name.It's not GE-RARD it GER-IRD really fast.

I will say I do like the generic American accent but I don't like the southern accent. It really annoys me.Reminds me of Jessica Simpson. I hate the word y'all.

British accents are so varied. You get the really strong accents such as the scouse, the geordie, the west end cockney accent, the west country accent, the essex the glasgow accent and the really strong scottish highland accents.
I do like the northern Ireland accent I find the nother Irish and Welsh accents really nippy.
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

nightstalker wrote:
Immy93 wrote: I am quite impressed by how much love the british accent is getting! Very cool!

I second that i didn't think so many ppl liked our accent, i live up north n have a very subtle geordie accent which i love coz im proud of being from the north east!!!
Why would anyone like a Geordie accent? :lol: ( Jokes )

I knew that some people find the English accent attractive and I totally get that - What I don't get is how people find Spanish or French accents sexy ( sorry if you have one )

[quote"aprilshowers"] British accents are so varied. You get the really strong accents such as the scouse, the geordie, the west end cockney accent, the west country accent, the essex the glasgow accent and the really strong scottish highland accents.
I do like the northern Ireland accent I find the nother Irish and Welsh accents really nippy.[/quote]

That is so true, I have a very neutral English accent, quite posh though - here's what I said about it in my earlier post;

"I suppose to most people on this I would have a very strong accent - British
And not northern - southern so whereas most people would say Dance like "Dah-nce" I would say "Dahhh-nce" ( dah being like dare and Dahhhh being like are. If that makes sense. As a generalization my accent is like one from Harry Potter. Also because I read so much I have a wide vocabulary and I often use big words that my friends don't understand, I suppose that basically I talk like Gile's from Buffy ( but feminine) And talking about Buffy - I hope none of you thought that the actor for Spike was actually English , 'cause I've heard that loads of americans thought he was . But to a british person he is easily american - I didn't know he was supposed to be British until they said it. lol"

I like what ou said about the N.I accent - I love it but whenever I do one my mum thinks I'm taking the pee out of her ( My whole Family is from Belfast. - Talking of which I'm there now.) and she hates it.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Is it so surprising that British accents have every American girl swooning? I don't know what it is about British accents, they're just way cool.
And while I could see how someone could find a Spanish accent sexy, but not French. They always sound like they're coughing up snot or something (sorry if you have a French accent, but that's just what it sounds like to me).
And I don't mind southern accents as long as they are intelligent and not like hill billlies. I just had to read Huckleberry Finn for school, and I can't stand the dialect! How hard is it to say "we were" instead of "we was"?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
ashiekins16
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ashiekins16 »

debussygirl wrote:Is it so surprising that British accents have every American girl swooning? I don't know what it is about British accents, they're just way cool.
And while I could see how someone could find a Spanish accent sexy, but not French. They always sound like they're coughing up snot or something (sorry if you have a French accent, but that's just what it sounds like to me).
And I don't mind southern accents as long as they are intelligent and not like hill billlies. I just had to read Huckleberry Finn for school, and I can't stand the dialect! How hard is it to say "we were" instead of "we was"?
I agree with the British accent. They are sexy and some Spanish accents are too. But I think it depends on where you're from. Haha and I know what you mean with the dialect. That kind of stuff irritates me so much!
Randomness Regular since #7 E<3B
Team Bill...er, no Eric..no Bill.. :)