Body Art and Piercings

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Waffle of Doom
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie
Location: On the Mafia's Living Room Floor, Plotting the Takeover of Japan

Re: Body Art and Piercings

Post by Waffle of Doom »

ChristinasHeadache wrote:OK yall here's a strange question... I promised my daughter she could get her navel done depending on her report card so she does a good job and earned the navel ring but... is it going to be just like the ear lobes or is it painful at all? Do they get infections like ear lobes? lol I am too old fashioned to have any of this stuff done to myself so I am clueless...
First off, yes it will hurt, not a whole lot, but it will, after all you're poking a hole through your skin. Your best bet is to go to a tattoo shop, they are more experienced with body piercing than, say, a store at the mall, so it will be less painful and there will be less chance of infection, because, yes it can get infected, and will if you don't care for it the way they tell you to. Hope that helps.
FanFiction /Twilight Mafia ~Angry Little Sabina/ Team Laurent~ Co-Boss/Volturi~ Jinx
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

ChristinasHeadacheWhen I got my navel done, I was in pain. I like to sleep on my stomach so that was really out of the question for about a week.

I've know of a couple of people who's body totally rejected the piercing but after the initial pain and discomfort wore off, I never had any problems and I've had mine for 7-8 years now.

If she does get it done, just make sure she follows all the care instructions completely so the chance of infection/rejection is minimal.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
heartofmp*
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by heartofmp* »

I really want to get 3 stars on my left shoulder blade,I was going to go with a friend but when it all came down to it, she never called me back and got it done without me :roll: oh well, I still really want them though! (I have to wait til I get another job...$$=0 lol)

I've had my ears pierced since I was really little,only one on each ear,but I did have the second hole peirced when I was like 12...but I let it grow up..lol

I've never wanted my navel peirced..I'm self concious about that for some reason...and plus, no one would ever really see it,so whats the point? (ok...i know...I'm being a hypocrite lol I don't mind tattoos that only you can see :lol: )
velvet_voice
Learning to Love Green

Post by velvet_voice »

I have a tongue piercing. I got so used to it that I sometimes forget I have one :) It's really cool... I always have something to play with when I'm bored :roll: :D
"Alice!" Jasper's voice whipped, and then he was right behind her, his hands curling over hers.
She turned her face away from me, into his chest.

E<3B
gregorycullen
Settled in Forks

Post by gregorycullen »

4 tattoos here - chaos star on my left upper arm, eye of horus reversed on the right, Hello Kitty (in a little pink dress, with lil' blue stars next to her) on the back of my left shoulder, and a blue paw print with lil pink stars on the back of my right shoulder. As much as I love Hello Kitty and cats, part of kinda regrets getting the tattoos. I thought I'd get a number of "Aww, thats adorable, you must be sweet and sensitive, and therefore I will now fall in love with you forever!" comments from girls, I usually just get, "Are you SURE you're not gay?" Oh well, c'est la vie, I suppose. I keep flip-flopping about other tattoos I want, though currently I'm thinking of getting the Cullen family crest somewhere, maybe between my kitty tattoos, in the center of my back. :3
srabrgr
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by srabrgr »

I can't pierce anything =[. I've tried my ears 3 times but apparently I am allergic to the metal.
Then I want a tattoo when I'm older, but I can't now because I need a parent signature and my dad says "There is no way in hell" he is helping out with college money if I get one.
:roll:
"Don't forget those sparklin' day walkers!"
gregorycullen
Settled in Forks

Post by gregorycullen »

srabrgr wrote:I can't pierce anything =[. I've tried my ears 3 times but apparently I am allergic to the metal.
Then I want a tattoo when I'm older, but I can't now because I need a parent signature and my dad says "There is no way in hell" he is helping out with college money if I get one.
:roll:

Most likely, you're allergic to nickel (As am i!). your best bet for piercings is to find surgical steel rings. There are some earrings at walmart and such labeled 'hypoalergenic', but sometimes they just mean the posts.
Krystina the Alien
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Krystina the Alien »

I want to get a tattoo (or two).

I'm planning to get 'leb die sekunde' which is the title of my favorite Tokio Hotel song, and it has an awesome message (since it kinda/sorta means live every second, well, directly translated it means live the second).

I would love to get a Twilight tattoo, but I'd have trouble coming up with a quote I wouldn't be embarassed to see in twenty years. I'm thinking 'la tua cantante', but I don't know. I'd have to talk with my mom who has tons of tattoos.

I was also thinking of getting a music staff tattooed on my leg with the notes to Bella's Lullaby on it. (Well, what is now Bella's Lullaby...it used to be Yiruma's River Flows In You.)
Image <--click this
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

i was going to get a tattoo.
but i think i'm not passionate enough to get it.

it would be cool, and nice.
but i'm not completely obsessed with tattoos, and i'm scared to regret it later.

maybe it will happen.
just not now.
Loren Rose
Settled in Forks

Post by Loren Rose »

Tattoos are cool on some people. It depends if the person can pull it off. I'm way too terrified of catching Hep C from getting a tattoo to ever get one. Also, I'm way to finicky. One day I could like it and the next day I'll hate it. I do have a belly ring though. Which I've always wanted and love.