Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
PhantasmaWolf
Learning to Love Green

Re: Writers Central

Post by PhantasmaWolf » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:41 pm

@ Carrisa: Well, I've found babynames.com helps when choosing names, it doesn't really matter wether you use the name as first or last, or middle. There's some pretty unique names on there that could probably help you. If you aren't so keen on that, search for surnames [last names] from a culture or region you like, and if you find two you like, it could work for both surnames and middle names. I hope I was somewhat helpful!

And now for some advice asking: I've been having some writer's block lately, and it's really getting on my nerves. I have a story I really want to finish the next chapter of, and I have no ideas. And also, I have start a short story for english tomorrow, so that's a problem as well. Do any of you have some advice how to get over writer's block, or at least work with it?

Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:47 pm

I'll try both strategies! Thanks for the advice!
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May

PhantasmaWolf
Learning to Love Green

Post by PhantasmaWolf » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:50 pm

You're welcom! ^_^ Glad I could be of some help!

*Aros_girl*
Lusting for Blood

Post by *Aros_girl* » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:51 pm

Okay I'm writing a novel right now and I need help. I need to find Angel names. But the site I keep going to is not working for me. So if you have any idea's on that it would be great.

Thanks

ImageImage
My site!!! http://z3.invisionfree.com/Crimson_Sand/index.php
Twi-Twin Jenni
JOF Jane-Volturi~Major Eva- Jasper's army

PhantasmaWolf
Learning to Love Green

Post by PhantasmaWolf » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:54 pm

Again, I suggest babynames. XD That might have something angel-ish. Then again, you could always go with the cliche angel names like Gabriel, etc. Sorry I could be much help.

*Aros_girl*
Lusting for Blood

Post by *Aros_girl* » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:56 pm

See I don't want common names like that.
More out there names and I tryed babynames too and it didn't work.

Fallen Angel names will work if you can help me find them.
Just not the ones we already know and are common.

ImageImage
My site!!! http://z3.invisionfree.com/Crimson_Sand/index.php
Twi-Twin Jenni
JOF Jane-Volturi~Major Eva- Jasper's army

PhantasmaWolf
Learning to Love Green

Post by PhantasmaWolf » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:57 pm

I know. *shrugs* I was just suggesting, eh. I can't really help you since I haven't done a story with angels. *mostly does fantasy and sci-fi* :?

Tengo Nubs.
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: Fighting off all the chubies who want to steal her fictional men. ::cough::SAM&SHEL::cough::

Post by Tengo Nubs. » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:01 pm

carissa--i just wrote it today, actually, so i hadn't thought about publishing it. but now you've planted the idea in my head.... :shock: i would have no idea of how to go about that though. published in a magazine or something? ::shrugs:: do you know?

thank you to carissa and debussygirl for saying you liked my poem! it really means a lot to me. :D
Sam and Shel <3 --Twinnies Randomness Regular. Addicted to the Brothers <3

debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:23 pm

You're welcome Tengo Nubs, it was fantastic! You're very gifted.
for baby names I go to babynamesworld.com. I like it, although sometimes I go more for the sound of the name than the meaning.
And Phantasma Wolf, for writers block what I do is come up with a list of possible directions things can go in, like maybe introducing another character to jazz things up or some other obstical (sp?) the characters go through. Other than that, I sit back and chill, listen to some music, read, watch movies, and hope for an idea.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com

Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa » Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:35 pm

Tengo Nubs. wrote:carissa--i just wrote it today, actually, so i hadn't thought about publishing it. but now you've planted the idea in my head.... :shock: i would have no idea of how to go about that though. published in a magazine or something? ::shrugs:: do you know?

thank you to carissa and debussygirl for saying you liked my poem! it really means a lot to me. :D
I'm not too sure how to go about it. At my school, we have a literary magazine and if you entered something my English teacher said that your writing would be considered officially published. So maybe if your school has a magazine like that you could do it that way. But you want it to be proofread by an English teacher first, just to make sure you present your poem at its best. I was considering it for my short story Congratulations (Yes, it's based off the song by Blue October. I couldn't resist!) but I wanted to put it through its fourth re-write before publishing and I couldn't find the time before the magazine deadline which was yesterday. Oh well, it wasn't that worthy, even though I'm still very proud of it. Otherwise, I'm don't know how you could get it published. Sorry, I didn't take in the fact that not all schools have literary magazines. ^^'

You're welcome! It tells the truth about regret! =3
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May