Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: Writers Central

Post by debussygirl »

^^Definitely re-write it if you think you should! But remember, SAVE WHAT YOU WROTE. You could like something that you wrote before, and you'll want to add it in later in editing.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
DoNotFeartheDark
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by DoNotFeartheDark »

Right. Thanks :D

But my mom wants a manuscript skeleton by December. :o How is THAT gonna happen?? :lol: with all my doing and re-doing.
But I LOVE doing it. I LOVE rewriting and making it sound awesome. I look forward to it. But, see the thing is that, when I edit
my own work, I keep adding, and adding, and adding, so it gets really long and unneccesary, but I love how it turns out! I have RWD. Ridiculous Writing Disorder. When I write my story, I. CANNOT. STOP. :lol: :lol:
Monica Romela, the Spaz of the Mafia; The Cheerful Assassin
Image Banner courtesy of Cullen_Lover
Co-Founder of ALESW; Awesome League of Extroadinary Skit Writers. Yes, it's sparkly.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

When I write, if a story doesn't fit it goes into a seed file or outtake file complete with full notes on where it came from. That helps a lot, and you can always go back and grab something and put it in or take it out. When there is a definite place for something to go, it is MUCH easier to pull out parts that don't fit.
By the way, save on at least two flash drives. That saved my butt when I did my master's thesis!
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

DoNotFeartheDark wrote:Right. Thanks :D

But my mom wants a manuscript skeleton by December. :o How is THAT gonna happen?? :lol: with all my doing and re-doing.
But I LOVE doing it. I LOVE rewriting and making it sound awesome. I look forward to it. But, see the thing is that, when I edit
my own work, I keep adding, and adding, and adding, so it gets really long and unneccesary, but I love how it turns out! I have RWD. Ridiculous Writing Disorder. When I write my story, I. CANNOT. STOP. :lol: :lol:
I do this too, though I think not as strongly as you. :) What I've learned to do is once I've completed a chapter, that's it- I have to keep going. I don't go back to edit unless I need to change something for the story. It's going to be hard, but if you can do that, you'll get to finish your full draft. Then you can go back and edit.
i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

hm....i wonder if song writing counts for this thread....it says stories, poetry and plays.......
well, i write stories too, and ive written poetry and plays before.....
so ill use that as an excuse if im not supposed to count songs :lol:
i actually just wrote two new songs yesterday
one im not too proud of because i promised myself i wouldnt write another song about my ex again (i wrote a song saying it was my last song) but its not really FOR him, its for my friend erin, who got lied to again by HIM, so i guess its kinda about him....which is why i dont really like it....
the other one i cant remember the tune too, cuz i wrote it at like 1130 so i didnt have time to record it
i hate it when that happens.....
if you guys wanna check out my songs, i have a few lyrics posted on my facebook and 3 recordings on my youtube, its the little websitey thingy on the sidebary thing over there -> :lol:
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

^You write songs? That's so cool, Sam!
I want to enter my school writing competition, but I'm having one of my idea droughts and running out of time... what can I do?

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

i am bella
Often Mistaken for a Bear
Location: wherever it's raining .::. #9 .::. woiloping with sarah

Post by i am bella »

thanks charlotte! =D
if youre having writers block, my way to get out of it is finding something beautiful in nature and then thinking through your day or week or whatever and finding something that you can work off of, i think it works a little better for songs than it does stories, but it might still work!
ImageImage
~sam~piercing/tattoo expert~sarah=twinny~im on the listv2!~
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

What also might work, at least it works like a charm for me, is to write something totally random. Either a funny story or a detailed description of something that is NOT related at all to what you are doing. I get some really good ideas that way, it is excellent practice, and I find that I am much more creative with whatever I am writing on. Another trick, write something with the wrong hand. Sounds weird, but it can also work!
DoNotFeartheDark
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by DoNotFeartheDark »

Well, I guess it kind of depends on which genre you like. If you don't like fantasy, you can take a real life experience that you think is the most strange or extraordinary, you can take that memory, twist it a little, and add characters and details! Or if you do like fantasy, think of a fantasy creature you yourself would like to adventure with! THen just I dunno, write the adventure with your own made up character!
Monica Romela, the Spaz of the Mafia; The Cheerful Assassin
Image Banner courtesy of Cullen_Lover
Co-Founder of ALESW; Awesome League of Extroadinary Skit Writers. Yes, it's sparkly.
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Life experiences really helps to add that personal and emotional connection. I find without that connection you begin to get bored with the story before you can complete it. It also helps to embellish when you can, make it shinny. Humor is always good and the more dialog you add the more people will be able to relate to your characters.

mapping out the general story line from beginning to end will help keep you on target but remember the wanrdering dwon paths to get there are where the story unfolds. The outline should be a connect the dot rather than point a to get to point b then to point c...enjoy the journey...the more your swept away with the story the more others who read it will be too. We all love a good story...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."