Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Writers Central

Post by VirginiaMay »

So I allowed myself to get completely sidetracked by an independent idea the last two/three days. I thought I could do a quick one-shot approach with it and get it out of my head and move back to What Drives Her, but... yeah, it's gotten a little more involved than that. I am hoping I can finish it today and get back to re-writing the current chapter I was supposed to be working on this week for my WIP.
So forum question (as I am obviously horrible at staying on task :lol: ): How do you handle it when a new idea comes and threatens to usurp all of your attention and concentration?? Do you chase the plot bunnies, or have a system for keeping them contained without losing the ideas completely?

missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

I keep a notebook handy that I write rogue ideas into for later use. If the idea just won't let me be, I'll do a little writing on it until the moment passes and file it back for finishing later. Then, if it still won't leave me alone, I'll finish it. But, that doesn't happen often. I have a pretty one track mind where my writing is concerned.

*SIGH* No writing is getting done today. I'm escaping to the pool for the afternoon. :D

ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

alphanubilus wrote:If ya'll have Iphones, there's a new application out called, "My Writing Nook" of which allows you to write your novel (chapter devisions and all) via your Iphone. Pretty nifty really.
I got it, trying to figure out how to use it...

Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

You must have tiny thumbs! :D

VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Openhome wrote:You must have tiny thumbs! :D
:lol: Dang, I wasn't following my "no drinking while reading" rule because this just Writer's Central! OOPS, must find LCD screen cleaner. LOL!

ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

No, just not enough money to afford a netbook. :)

missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Okay...I want your opinions/thoughts on a one-shot that has been running through my head lately. Now, keep in mind...I have had lap-band sugery, and I have lost a total of 95 pounds in a year and a half. I'm not sure why this idea keeps coming back into my brain. It may be meant for me to write this story as a vehicle of closure for myself or as a help for someone battling obesity. So, here goes...

QUESTION:What would happen to an obese human if they were bitten by a Twilight vamp? Would the venom miraculously heal them and make them thin and healthy AND angelically beautiful? OR would they remain the same size and become angelically beautiful at that size?

VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

missp wrote:Okay...I want your opinions/thoughts on a one-shot that has been running through my head lately. Now, keep in mind...I have had lap-band sugery, and I have lost a total of 95 pounds in a year and a half. I'm not sure why this idea keeps coming back into my brain. It may be meant for me to write this story as a vehicle of closure for myself or as a help for someone battling obesity. So, here goes...

QUESTION:What would happen to an obese human if they were bitten by a Twilight vamp? Would the venom miraculously heal them and make them thin and healthy AND angelically beautiful? OR would they remain the same size and become angelically beautiful at that size?

Whoa... Great Question!!

I have no idea, maybe we should ask the folks on the Science of Twilight thread??

I do know that theories over what vampire venom can and cannot do are the basis behind a lot of Twilight fanfics. People just go to town theorizing about that stuff. So the question really is, how do you want it to happen for the hero/heroine of your story? What is the message there and how can you best use everything we know about becoming a vampire to your advantage? That said, I personally think they would become angelically beautiful at the size, or right around, that they were when human.

Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Wasn't Sibohan a large woman? That was the meaning I took from her description. Not just tall, but a large woman? I think that venom might be able to reduce the size of a vamp, or make one taller, but I don't think an obese woman would wake up size 2. And it has been discussed on the science thread.

ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

They would end up looking exactly they way they are now. And yes, Siobhan is a large woman. Transforming her didn't cause her to magically lose weight.