Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Writers Central

Post by ringswraith »

Hmm. Interesting what you find on the Lexicon. I never knew there was a thread for writers. :D

Well I'm really doing this to mark the thread, but I am writing a second story (fanfic), just to be on-topic.

Seems to be more difficult to get out than the first one was. Kind of a strange situation. Wonder if that's true for most writers.
bodysnatcher
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bodysnatcher »

I really REALLY want to write a children's book, or write an Epic children's story. If I could be the next
J.K. Rowling that would make (some) of my dreams a reality. I love how JKR took years of hardwork and dedication to inspire so many children to grow up reading a fantastic story that grew up with them. Right now, I'm working at the Barnes and Noble close to my house doing storytelling time for the children, so I have an idea of what kids are interested in. I'm also planning on studying Psychology and English Literature and write a Thesis about the effects of color schemes and Child Development. I hope that by learning a lot about Developmental Psychology and study the effects that art has on the infant's brain, then (hopefully) I can start making great children's books... and of course there is my love of literature, children, art and inspiration.

I have a few other very unrealistic dreams lol
"and the boy loved the tree"
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

bodysnatcher wrote:I really REALLY want to write a children's book, or write an Epic children's story. If I could be the next
J.K. Rowling that would make (some) of my dreams a reality. I love how JKR took years of hardwork and dedication to inspire so many children to grow up reading a fantastic story that grew up with them. Right now, I'm working at the Barnes and Noble close to my house doing storytelling time for the children, so I have an idea of what kids are interested in. I'm also planning on studying Psychology and English Literature and write a Thesis about the effects of color schemes and Child Development. I hope that by learning a lot about Developmental Psychology and study the effects that art has on the infant's brain, then (hopefully) I can start making great children's books... and of course there is my love of literature, children, art and inspiration.

I have a few other very unrealistic dreams lol
No, they're not realistic! you can have anything if you want it enough! :D
xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

I'm an aspiring author, but I'm trying to concentrate on schoolwork at the moment. Whenever I get an idea, I plan out the characters for ages, write a few pages and then get a totally different idea and start writing that. The other stories get abandoned :(

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by I.WANT.TO.BE.BELLA »

Writing a NOVEL...

vERY EARLY STAGES.
I.WANT.TO.BE.ALICE is my Twi-Twin!
Rain.........Depressing. :D
Avatar and Signature made by me.
brunetterebel010
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by brunetterebel010 »

I have started a novel.
But only started it, like this week.
It is going to be like sci-fi romantic action-ish, but not really sci-fi just...that's the best word i can think of to describe my idea.
I'm tryin to work through an idea for a language the people speak (I have a formula for it, but some words don't work out so.. .i'm only really going to use a few...*shrug*)
It's on another planet. the character are human, but the society is waaayyyyy different and technology is way more advanced and complicated and smart than it is here right now, even though i'm pretty much writing it to be in the same time frame (early 21st century)

It's going to be fun if I get to work through it...
Backhoe Trainee EDC. Inc.
Check out my book! Something Darker http://inkpop.com/projects/71416/something-darker/

Banner by jrsygurl!
cedwardrox
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by cedwardrox »

brunetterebel010 wrote: Sounds really cool. If it get's anywhere I'd love to read it.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb." (EC)
"What a stupid lamb." (BS)
"What a sick, masochistic lion." (EC)

Team Nessie. NO! Not the Loch Ness Monster!

E<3B (Team Edward)
R<3B (Team Renesmee)
Nightvision

Post by Nightvision »

Glad to see that there's a thread for writers. I am also one of those dreamers that wishes to see one of their novels published. I've been writing this fantasy epic for a while, but am nervous about letting others read it.
brunetterebel010
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by brunetterebel010 »

I like start a new novel every summer, and never finish it, but i think the problem is, I set it in real places and all i know about them is what i've seen on TV and i'm afraid i'm doing it wrong. So in the one I'm writing now, its my own planet, my own langage, I get to tell you what life there is like, people from there aren't going to read it and go "she's not from here..."
I"m excited about it
Backhoe Trainee EDC. Inc.
Check out my book! Something Darker http://inkpop.com/projects/71416/something-darker/

Banner by jrsygurl!
purple_panda

Post by purple_panda »

um my post is about fanfic, not a novel ,but it is still writing
yes, it is twilight fanfic. im very confused on this part. i dont know whether i should create a new character or bring back bree (the newborn in eclipse). if its a new character, she will be another newborn from the eclipse battle, but i dont know. what do you guys think?