Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
alphanubilus
Learning to Love Green

Re: Writers Central

Post by alphanubilus »

Whoo... It's been one crazy CRAZY last few weeks... Still waiting on the screenplay bit, but at least my producer friend has posted his plans to bring "Hour of Darkness" to life with an actual budget figure!!!! Kind of nice really. In other news, I got an REALLY exciting e-mail a week ago from a paranormal writer friend of mine (in fact right now he's one of the leading paranormal writers in the world) and he's going to be updating one of his books on werewolves, and he's asked me to contribute on it. I can't give you any details on that, because that is up to his publicist and not me, but you can count on my using my vast knowledge of Twilight to make sure that our dear Jacob Black gets included. It's a non-fiction book, that just chronicles various things on werewolves and such. So yeah... I'm stolked... I've also been busy editing a newbie screenwriter's script of which is a lot of WORK... whoo... yeah, but I love the story, so yeah... Lastly as a generous gift, I recieved a free Script to Novel course from a dear screenwriting guru friend of mine, and so I will diving into the world of YA novels. I can't wait to give ya'll more info about it... when the time comes.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Concerning SR's response post on his blog to the "backlash" on having UofEM published...
As usual, SR's words were eloquent and tasteful. His talent has never once been in question. I am extremely proud that he has found someone to publish his story. I also hope many read it and are touched by it. That being said, I just don't feel as if the story will have the same "vibe" - for lack of a better term - with Gabriel and Julia. :? The whole draw - IMHO - to these stories in the first place happens to be the two characters created by a literary genius... SM. As much as I adore SR and his considerable talent, I just don't believe Inferno will boast the same success as UofEM.

ALPHA~~ Wow! That's great news!
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Hi guys!

Congratulations Alphanimbulus! I am thrilled for you! Please keep us updated.

Miss P, I think that SR is brilliant enough to create a magnificent book, but I agree with you, taking the magic of Twilight out of the equation is very tricky. Besides, he could have created his own truly original story easily (well, it's not easy, but you know what I mean). I don't want to bash Omnific or e-publishing, but it would seem to me that an author with his skill would be able to easily find an agent.

Ginnie, don't feel bad for him. SR made his choices, and I don't think he was unaware of what he was doing. I don't think he realized what it looked and felt like to fans. I have no ill feelings for him, but I don't think he thought it all through well.
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I'm torn as to what SR SHOULD have done. I mean if he gave a heads up that he was pulling it from the web, everyone would have copied/saved it...maybe leaving the entire thing up for longer than he did would have been better? Or a note when he pulled it down as to the reason for pulling it? When my book (one day) gets published, I will most likely be pulling LAF and TPC down, but I wouldn't mind if people saved it for their own use.

Speaking of... bangs head IF I CAN'T WRITE THE LAST CHAPTERS OF THIS BOOK IM GOING TO GO INSANE.

It's not even the last chapters...its like the 3/4 chapters. !@#$%^&!*
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

Just kill them all. Problem fixed. :lol:
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Amanda Beth wrote:I'm torn as to what SR SHOULD have done. I mean if he gave a heads up that he was pulling it from the web, everyone would have copied/saved it...maybe leaving the entire thing up for longer than he did would have been better? Or a note when he pulled it down as to the reason for pulling it? When my book (one day) gets published, I will most likely be pulling LAF and TPC down, but I wouldn't mind if people saved it for their own use.

Speaking of... bangs head IF I CAN'T WRITE THE LAST CHAPTERS OF THIS BOOK IM GOING TO GO INSANE.

I feel that way about WDH. I love my story, I've loved the process, but I'm ready to be done now. I literally banged my head on the desk last night. Hubby was a little worried. :lol:
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

VirginiaMay wrote:
Amanda Beth wrote:I'm torn as to what SR SHOULD have done. I mean if he gave a heads up that he was pulling it from the web, everyone would have copied/saved it...maybe leaving the entire thing up for longer than he did would have been better? Or a note when he pulled it down as to the reason for pulling it? When my book (one day) gets published, I will most likely be pulling LAF and TPC down, but I wouldn't mind if people saved it for their own use.

I feel that way about WDH. I love my story, I've loved the process, but I'm ready to be done now. I literally banged my head on the desk last night. Hubby was a little worried. :lol:
I am so, SO with you both. I have one last fic to write. I love it. I'm excited to do it. But I am already ready to be done with it. Mostly because my own story is now following me around begging to be written. I will, however, finish them all. I really feel like I have to.
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

I think that's one of my problems and it happened w/ LAF and TPC. I was ALMOST done w/ LAF and started having thoughts of TPC. ALMOST done w/ TPC and my own story idea popped into my head...and NOW I wrote a chapter of the freaking second book!!
Openhome

Post by Openhome »

Amanda Beth wrote:I think that's one of my problems and it happened w/ LAF and TPC. I was ALMOST done w/ LAF and started having thoughts of TPC. ALMOST done w/ TPC and my own story idea popped into my head...and NOW I wrote a chapter of the freaking second book!!
*points to Amanda and laughs hysterically*

I would buy a gun and shoot that plot bunny dead.

It took me a month to write the final chapter of each of my longer stories, but the feeling of posting them was incredible. The idea that I was done -- finished -- finally over it -- was one of the most freeing feelings I've ever had.

So, AB, think of the freedom and write the last chapter. Write it the way you don't want it to end. Write it the way it would end on an episode of Twilight Zone. Write it with a zombie apocalypse, and THEN write it the way you want.
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Openhome wrote:So, AB, think of the freedom and write the last chapter. Write it the way you don't want it to end. Write it the way it would end on an episode of Twilight Zone. Write it with a zombie apocalypse, and THEN write it the way you want.

I love this advice!!! I may go do that right now!! LOL! :lol: