Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Writers Central

Post by ringswraith »

Don't try to force it in, for starters.

Why won't it work? From that answer, figure out if it's worth changing what you already have in order to fit it.

Otherwise, you can always use it in another story, as debussygirl says. Or, you can continue writing and see if you can fit it in at a later point.
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

ha ha!
finally starting chapter 3.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
Vampyr Reborn
Settled in Forks

Post by Vampyr Reborn »

Last edited by Vampyr Reborn on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

^^It's terrible but I cannot have an outline.
I mean, I do have general stuff, but a lot of ideas I get as I start writing.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

debussygirl wrote:^^It's terrible but I cannot have an outline.
I mean, I do have general stuff, but a lot of ideas I get as I start writing.
:lol: It's not terrible. I too only have a general idea of what I want to happen as I write.

I find that if I try to make an outline, I tend to obsess over it too much and then it becomes too much about following the outline rather than just writing and letting it flow. :)
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Exactly!
I find the best ideas come during the writing process.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

ringswraith wrote: I mean, I do have general stuff, but a lot of ideas I get as I start writing.

:lol: It's not terrible. I too only have a general idea of what I want to happen as I write.
Same! I am normally an organised person, but it doesn't work with writing. I just start writing and see where the characters go, though sometimes I'll have a direction to head in.

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

I've written poetry and stories. I've tried to write songs, yeah, not good.

I have a huge problem of finishing stories.I know what I typically want for the beginning and the end but the middle is like so HARD for me. I usually get about 40-50 pages in before I totally blank out and not know what to write. Any advice?

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

ringswraith wrote:Don't try to force it in, for starters.

Why won't it work? From that answer, figure out if it's worth changing what you already have in order to fit it.

Otherwise, you can always use it in another story, as debussygirl says. Or, you can continue writing and see if you can fit it in at a later point.

It wont work because Im very organized when it comes to writing stories and I only wrote bits to get me started on what the chapter would be based on but now that I want to add in details and what the characters discuss and what they go through and it just fails me. So I'm trying to fit those ideas into short stories and see if they can have a connection. Write now I'm just trying to dig my way with a sppon through that giant wall.

Vampyr Reborn wrote:
twi-nerd wrote:Okay so I just started re editing my story and I realized that theres a giant wall blocking me from my story. What I mean is that I try to fit in a great idea but it just won't fit and then I have nothing any help?
Have you got a map of your story? try having a detailed outline in a map form.

No I don't I dont really outline because if its something that hits me like a truck or something (WARNING: A terrible example) I don't have time for Edward to save me from it just so I can write an outline I just decide to get smashed and write it and go on with it because if I sleep or get too distracted I lose everything.
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

ugh writers block sucks.
i hate it.
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.