Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Re: Writers Central

Post by roo-roo91 »

XD.
that's just his bi-polar side speaking!
don't listen to it!
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.
yeah he makes himself look bad sometimes.
which isn't good.
-_-
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
bodysnatcher
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bodysnatcher »

I really enjoy writing, I'm considering becoming a screenplay writer, or maybe even a satirical novelist. Are there any authors that have influenced you, or your writing? For me it's been Kurt Vonnegut, Margaret Atwood, and Diablo Cody.
"and the boy loved the tree"
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

I honestly don't think so.
That may sound conceited, but the stories just sorta come to me and I write them down. Now, I admire many writers, but I don't think I could say any of them influenced me.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Jenna, I'm very excited to read your book!
What's the release date?

And for me, I am basically just influenced by all authors. They all inspire me. Right now I'm just trying to come up with a good idea.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
bodysnatcher
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bodysnatcher »

DudeRocksTheTwilight wrote:

And for me, I am basically just influenced by all authors. They all inspire me. Right now I'm just trying to come up with a good idea.

Maybe that's the word I should've used: "inspire".

debussygirl, what's your book about? :D Did it really get published?!?
"and the boy loved the tree"
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Yeah, it did!!
It's self-published, because I'm a minor I couldn't even get anyone to look at my manuscript. But it's a start.

This is the back cover of my book:
The story of Turned begins when Petra's mother, a French immigrant, starts working as a cook for a millionaire and his family. It is in this house that Petra meets young Adrian Fairfax, the millionaire's son. Petra and Adrian instantly become the best of friends. But Adrian's father soon announces to his son the truth: he is a fairy, and by exposing his magic to Petra, she has become one too. Now the two friends must travel to Siniaria, the world of magical creatures, where they will learn to harness and control their powers.

In Siniaria, while Adrian and Petra have their adventures, a lonely child named Darnell is growing up in an orphanage. Darnell's life forever changes when he is offered a secret apprenticeship. Darnell's morals and loyalty are put to the test when he realizes that the fate of Siniaria is in his hands. The adventures in Siniaria keep the reader turning each page, wanting more. Jenna has created an intriguing fantasy that will delight the reader.
addictedbooklover
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by addictedbooklover »

Now you can say you're a published author! And your book sounds exciting, I want to read it :D

Team Jacethper! (Jacob, Seth and Jasper) Now, to fit Leah in there...

Thanks Cocoa for the banner :D

DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Jenna, I have a question for you.
What was the process of getting the book published?
Like, was it difficult? And what did you have to do?
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
debussygirl

Post by debussygirl »

Well, first we looked into getting it published by someone like Randomhouse or Simon Pulse, legit publishing companies, but everyone my dad talked to said they wouldn't publish a minor, because of book tours I would have to go on and how school would conflict with that. So then we looked into self-publishing, and we found Outskirts Press. All you have to do is pay money (I think it was around $1000) to set up an account. For a while I was editing and having other people go through and edit. For the cover, I found a picture on istockphoto that I liked, and they designed it and formatted the whole book. They got printed up and presto! They're online and I have some in my house.
But one thing to know about self-publishing is that they suck up your money whenever they can. That's the one thing I don't like about it. I'm hoping to be picked up by another publishing company, but even if I don't it's way cool I just got this book published.
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Yeah, I mean it's a lot of money, but it's worth it to see your books out, right?
How much money is each book?