Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Writers Central

Post by VirginiaMay »

Tornado wrote:Ginnie - my boss sent me a mobi version with the pdf, but I find it easier to make notes on the computer, and I didn't want to download it to my kindle when there are so many things I still need to correct.
Makes sense when you put it that way. I'm fortunate to be part of a team on this edit, so when next I read it should be 99% perfect. Operative word there is should. ;-)
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

All right, well this is technically a double post but... new month, new topic, new post, okay??

For those of you who've been around a while you may remember that we previously discussed writing software such as Scrivener, WriteWay and Storyist (Mac & iPad only). Since there are now more than a few of you who have taken the NanoWrimo plunge, or completed a book already is in the process of being published, which programs have you tried out and what did you think of them?

I'm still using Word, personally.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I use Word or Open Office myself.
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

I used to use Storyist, but now I'm on Scrivener. It helps me because I break everything up into scenes and name them so I'm not always scrolling or having to open multiple files.
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Yeah, Amanda Beth, I wish Storyist was even an option so I could try it, but I'm not buying a Mac anytime soon. I like the sound of that feature from Scrivener though, because I do the same thing.

Anyone else have their two cents to add???
Amanda Beth

Post by Amanda Beth »

Download the trial on their website...
http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.php
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I just wanted to let everyone know that my publisher is offering free postage to anywhere in the world for pre-orders of my book. So if you are interested in getting a hard copy now's a good time to do it. Go here to order.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Tornado, congratulations! That is so very exciting.

I love Scrivner! I use Word as my final editing program, but write and do my first edit in either Storylist or Scrivner. I prefer Scrivner, but there are some nice features on Storylist that are wonderful for first drafts and NaNoWriMo.
alphanubilus
Learning to Love Green

Post by alphanubilus »

In terms of writing screenplays I use Final Draft 8 or Screenwriter 6. Screenwriter 6 is much more intuitive, but FD has a full fledge version that I can use via my iPad. I have Storyist on Ipad, and I like it, but as Apple hasn't released a version that is compatible with PC, it makes things a bit harder for me to use the program, as I can't start one place and finish on another. I use Word quite a bit as I can start writing on my home PC and then switch to my Notebook for protable writing. I made a huge mistake in purchasing a rather expensive writing enhancement for Word, namely Recipes for Word. It's like the ultimate writers template, but the whole program is unintiutive and it cost $150 dollars!
It also causes a lot of macro errors in word.

Thanks to Amanda I purchased a much more reasonable Scriverner that I could download and use on both of my machines. Now if only they would create an Ipad version, then I'd be set.

In none writing, but just as creative, I purchased an Intuos 5 Wacom digital tablet and downloaded Sketchbook Pro 6. I already use Adobe Photoshop CS6, but I am really liking the simplicity of Sketchbook Pro 6. It's nice to be able to draw directly to the screen without having to scan anything. I can create storyboards to use with Scriverner if I want to import a screenplay project.

I'm happy.

Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

For those of you who frequent Rob's halfway house, you probably know about my Twilight/Guyver crossover fan fic Bio-Booster Armor Twilight. I have almost 6 chapters done and I hope to get started possibly on #7 by the end of this long weekend. It's a comedy/action-adventure/fantasy/sci-fi/romance story.

But, other than wanting to get some feed back from that, I've been wondering about any beta services that I can use. I have one beta, but she's busy with real life stuff, and she told me that it would be better if I just switched to another beta. Is anyone here willing to help out, or at least point me in the right direction as far as finding one?
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/