Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
alphanubilus
Learning to Love Green

Re: Writers Central

Post by alphanubilus »

I finally decided to allow a few of my close friends read my manuscript, "The Wolf Prince." I've let people read screenplays I've written before, but never my beloved book. There is always this feeling of nervousness when doing such, because you obviously want them to love reading it as much as you loved writing it. I don't know about anybody else, but many of my friends kind of scoffed at the concept of me writing. They knew I was weird, but not talented weird. :P I still don't know about the latter part. :D At any rate I sent my manuscript out to a few friends and waited... and waited... and waited... started feeling depressed as none of them were getting back to me, and almost all of them had the same excuse that they've been too busy to get a chance to look at it. (sigh... me feeling unloved)... and then one finally started it... and finished it within a day and a half. She loved it and couldn't put it down. My other friend heard about it and decided to start reading it, and then he couldn't stop reading it. In fact he said it was the greatest YA novel he's ever read. (blushes)... and now my little circle is just buzzing about the book. One actually offered to pay me... (blush again)...

I take that as a good sign. I hope... :P

Of course winning the general audience is great... Now it's time to win the agent/ publisher. Everybody keep it in your thoughts, prayers... whot knot... Wolf Prince has been in review with Harpercollins Voyager since Jan. They advised that I would hear back from them whether they accept it or not... the waiting is a pain. I hate waiting. Alas though, it comes with the territory.

I'm just happy that people are enjoying it. That's what it is all about.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Congrats Alphan, on the positive buzz. It's good to hear that kind of thing, isn't it? And yes, the waiting is a pain ...
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Congrats, Alphan! Also to you, Tornado! It seems our little group is getting out there in the world at long last. And, yes, waiting is a pain, but it seems to be the fundamental truth of all publishing -- hurry up and wait.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

My book's now available for pre-order on Kindle. Click here.

I've just put together a new trailer for it too. Click here.
corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona »

Lynne, any chance it will get offered for Nook at BN?

I can get Kindle on my Nexus, but I prefer my Nook e-ink reader. Easier on the eyes.

If no, I'll pre-purchase the Kindle version.

Congratulations!
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

It should be. It should be available everywhere. Do a search on it wherever you buy your nooks, although it will depend whether or not they put things up when they're only available for preorders.
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

WOW, peeps!! Look at you guys go! I'm so proud of everybody.

Please keep us updated, Alpha. And Lynne... I pre-ordered yesterday. ;-)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Thanks, Ginnie! :)
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

I've been working on my fan fic a bit recently. It's been a bit slow because of work, other things that I've been working on, especially last month, but I have 7 full chapters of Bio-Booster Armor Twilight done, and I'm well on my way to getting the 8th done. It's a crossover between the Twilight Saga and Bio-Booster Armor Guyver. For more on Guyver if you're interested, there's Wikipedia, but I'd recommend the Guyver Wiki and Japan Legend for more info, especially characters and the powers and abilities of the Guyver armor.

So far, out of my chapters, two are told from the POV of Lia (an OC created for all of my Twilight fan fics), one is from Bella, one is from Natsuki (a Guyver character), one is from Melinda (an OC created for my fan fics), one is from Nessie, and two are from Shizu (a character from Guyver). It's mostly a fun, comedic story that's a homage to both Twilight and Guyver that I'm writing for fun. It's a bit of a history lesson as far as there being a lot of World War II stuff in it, but it's mostly about a conspiracy carried out by total buffoons to try and take over the world. It does parody some Nazi and Soviet stuff from the WWII period, and the Volturi and Chronos (the latter being the antagonist organization from Guyver) as far as conspiracies and stuff of that nature.

I'm mostly writing this because I'd like to introduce Guyver to people, and, above all else, I'm a bit tired of people, especially men, writing off the Twilight Saga as being only for girls.

Anyone can ask me about this story if you're not afraid of spoilers, because I'd love to talk about this story because I'm having fun writing it.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Chernaudi wrote:
I'm mostly writing this because I'd like to introduce Guyver to people, and, above all else, I'm a bit tired of people, especially men, writing off the Twilight Saga as being only for girls.
I don't think you'll find many of those people here, Sean. It felt like half of the active writer's that were posting on this thread when I started visiting were men. Ringswraith was one, Knives was another. Then Alphanubilis came along. I used to do writer's circles with another gentleman fanfiction writer as well, PiedPiperOSIB. :)