Writers Central

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Re: Writers Central

Post by Openhome »

AB, congrats on an almost finished novel!! Mine still has about 25 K to go, but it is getting there. I am having a blast writing about my characters!

MissP, Nice job! I hope you are finding this story as much fun as your last one to write. I know how much fun it is to develop a story. It brings peace to my very un-peaceful world!

BTW, I just started my third installment of the Alice and Jasper series, and so far it has been well received.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Kayla~~Of course your story is being well received! You're a very talented writer! :D

I'm off to do some more work on Chapter 1 of my new fic, Between Dusk and Dawn. Have a great Friday, Ya'll!

BTW... loving the new smilies!! :wave: :hello: :bye: :blush: :clap: :rant: (this one cracks me up!)
:banghead: (my personal fave!)
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

I can't believe they added the banging head one after I needed it! LOL

Does anyone know how the cover art for novels is decided? Does the author have any say in it?
missp
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

I don't know much about the world of publishing, but I would hope the author would have final say over their cover art after all the hard work that goes into writing a novel! I think I remember reading somewhere about SM collaborating with someone on Twilight's cover art.
Openhome
Corralling the Cullens while Esme's Away

Post by Openhome »

Amanda Beth wrote:I can't believe they added the banging head one after I needed it! LOL

Does anyone know how the cover art for novels is decided? Does the author have any say in it?
Usually, yes, the author has a great deal of say in it. International deals are less controllable.

Okay, I love the smiles that 24601 added for us. Have you seen this one yet?
:write:

IT'S OUR MASCOT!!! I did that just last night!!

I love that little guy!
missp

Post by missp »

OOOOOOO!! I love our mascot!! :write:
I plan on doing some of that this afternoon after a bite of lunch!
Ya'll have a happy Saturday!
Our snow is FINALLY melting! It's back to school on Monday! :D

Happy Sunday, Ya'll! Okay... so I'm just not in the mood to write these days! I just can't seem to make myself do it. So, I'm not going to until the mood strikes me. :banghead:
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

missp wrote:FINALLY!! I have written past the scene that was giving me such a mental block! Now, all I have to do is write the remainder of Chapter 1 and move on to Chapter 2. I soooo hope the rest of the book isn't going to give me such a creative headache!
:write: Ha Ha! Me too! Finally, I think the great drought is over. I just spit out 2400 words for WDH in less than two hours. It's probably a mess, but it's out... who cares!!!

PS- I love the Writer's Central mascot!! Thanks so much for that!! :write:

PPS- The Shimmer Awards have a category for post-Breaking Dawn and canon stories. I may have nominated some of you ladies. 8-) Check it out at: http://shimmerawards.blogspot.com/ The nomination process is a pain. There's no form so you have to cut and paste all the links into an email to them, but I always miss nominations and I know not many people read canon fics, so I took the time to nominate some.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

VirginiaMay wrote: :write: Ha Ha! Me too! Finally, I think the great drought is over. I just spit out 2400 words for WDH in less than two hours. It's probably a mess, but it's out... who cares!!!
Oh Goodie Goodie!!! When do I get it?
VirginiaMay

Post by VirginiaMay »

Susie wrote:
VirginiaMay wrote: :write: Ha Ha! Me too! Finally, I think the great drought is over. I just spit out 2400 words for WDH in less than two hours. It's probably a mess, but it's out... who cares!!!
Oh Goodie Goodie!!! When do I get it?

Dinner now, then bathtime and bedtime for kiddos, then back to the computer. Oh wait, I'm on the computer now. :lol:
missp

Post by missp »

:write: OMG!!! :lol: Has anyone else noticed what our little mascot does after about 30 seconds? Watch him!! Too funny!! He's PERFECT for me right now! Along with :banghead: I hope this weekend finds me with a little time to sit down at the computer and finish the 1st chapter of Between Dusk and Dawn.

Ginny~~ Congrats on your nomination! I VOTED! ;)

GOSH!! It's Sunday evening and no one's been back in this thread for several days. Where are you guys? :clap: I finally finished Chapter 1 of my new fic, Between Dusk and Dawn! I've decided to wait until I have several chapters written to post it on ffic.net. The second semester is always a wild and crazy one, and I just can't limit myself to a set update schedule at this point. Too much pressure. :oops: