Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by una » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:26 pm

I'm only reading the short stories after I've read the whole book past them (just in case). I really hate being spoiled, but I do enjoy theorizing and such. TwiMom - don't feel pressured to start because I am. My bookbuddy (who joined the Lex...I'm waiting for her to get her confirmation email so she can start posting) is reading them and is finishing Wulf's book. Since she is borrowing the books I have borrowed, I need to stay ahead of her. So...I have to get Val and Danger read this weekend. Not that it is really taking all that much arm twisting! :twisted:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!

fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:09 pm

Hi everyone...

It's really cool to scan through all the posts and see people who enjoy reading this series as much as I do!! I've read every book...and am sad now because I have to wait for the next one!

Anyway, I'm so glad you all are here to discuss all this with!

~Michelle
Last edited by fanMNM on Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you Naureen!!

Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:21 pm

I loved how Vane treated Bride. The part we he came to her rescue when her ex got the mover to start putting her stuff on the curb in front of her store and then Vane shows up gives her the best kiss of her life and then pays the guys $15000.00 to put her stuff in her apartment.! I was like YES!!!! Then Amanda & Grace giving him dating advice. Then how he has her ex and his date put by the kitchen door in the resturant! :lol: But I think my most favorite part was when Bride defended Fang from their mother and then tranqed her and locked her in a cage and the little speech she gave to her, I was clapping and smiling saying "you go Girl" I thought that was the best moment.
Lynz and I only have Devil May Cry and then it is own to Ash. Makes me nervous to think about what his book is going to be like. I know that it will be a roller coaster of emotions.

una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:46 pm

Welcome FanMNM!! I'm SO glad you've come to join us here! Do you prefer we call you by your name or your screen name? How far are you in the series? Right now we are discussing up through Vane's book. There are few who are farther that are patiently waiting for the majority of us to get there. (Some of us are slow and/or sharing books). Have you just been reading the full novels or have you been reading the short stories too??

I agree, Kymberli, Vane is SO the nonchalant hero! I especially loved his meeting with Ash and the dating advice - it was PRICELESS!!! Vane is just so yummy there are just not enough words and time to express. However, Valerius is calling me to read him book. Course, I should wait until work is over! :oops:
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!

fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:51 pm

[quote="una"]Welcome FanMNM!! I'm SO glad you've come to join us here! Do you prefer we call you by your name or your screen name? How far are you in the series? Right now we are discussing up through Vane's book. There are few who are farther that are patiently waiting for the majority of us to get there. (Some of us are slow and/or sharing books). Have you just been reading the full novels or have you been reading the short stories too??

Hi Una...I don't mind being called either :)

I'm all the way through the series, but I'm learned my lesson, I promise!! and will give no more away about future books!! :)

I've read everything I could find and/or locate in the series including novels and short stories so I think I've read everything...it's been a process over about 4 years now...

I was a receptionist at a car dealership while in college and we were allowed to read as long as we answered the phones :) and a coworker found these books and turned me on to them! Haven't been able to put them down since. How did you find out about the series? I don't know too many people who read them and was shocked to see a thread here about them! I guess I am isolated from all the DH fans!

I think I need to go back and reread them all though...it's been some time since I read some and I'm afraid I'm forgetting important things!

I read that some of you are pretty close to starting Ash's book...and I can't wait till you all get there and start posting about that one :)

I, too, loved Bride and Vane's story and reading what you all have written about it makes me want to reread it all over again!!

~Michelle

Thank you Naureen!!

Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:55 pm

I hope LadyDi doesn't get upset with me, but I may be waiting until next Friday to begin Ash with you guys as well. I'm so busy right now. I'm teaching 5 classes. I want to start reading it tonight, but I'm so tired.

FanMNM: It would be best if you went by your Lex name. You never want to use your real name on any message board or website. It's too dangerous. We can give you a nickname though. Give us time to get to know you. ;) Oh, and welcome. I'm gonna assume you are over 20. If so, check us out on the Gutter.

These addicts here can thank me for their D-H dependence. I love you guys!!!

Lynzeee = Lynz and she's my little grasshopper.
Una = my SuperTwin...

Grasshopper: I have finished Dream Hunter and Devil May Cry. Come talk to me on crackbook.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!

twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:56 pm

Una: I agree, the dating advice was awesome. And no worries... no one has to "twist" my arm to read, especially DH. So I started Val earlier today and I'm almost 1/2 way through. Pretty tough to put down. Watch out!!

FanMNM: Welcome. I think we are discussing up through Vane's book aka Night Play. Please join in!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!

LadyDi
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LadyDi » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:45 pm

Goodnight Elizabeth wrote:I hope LadyDi doesn't get upset with me, but I may be waiting until next Friday to begin Ash with you guys as well. I'm so busy right now. I'm teaching 5 classes. I want to start reading it tonight, but I'm so tired.
GNE, I can't be mad at you because you need to do work for your paying job. (I should be doing that myself right now, yet here I am.) However, I may have to turn to FanMNM for a PM if she had read Ash's book. I'll need the balance of Fan's reader information combined with GNE's knowledge of me to figure out if/what/where I can continue reading Ash's book.

Vane is a darling, and we did get a glimpse of who he'd hook up with when he was guarding Sunshine and witnessed Bride pushing herself unnecessarily to diet to the extreme to please her selfish boyfriend. I too loved the dating advice, and I liked the scene when Vane chooses a necklace from Bride's store and then gives it to her. Fang and Aimee, their story is a long-arching one. Fury, good story in the short story department.
I also liked how Ash eased Bride's fear by telling her "don't worry - any kids you have will come out human". What would your reaction be if you birthed a puppy? (Maybe they'd be an easier birth! Then again, I wouldn't want the job of cleaning up the poor little thing.) Would you still marry the guy if there was that possibility?

Whose book was it that was set at a comics and gaming convention again? For some reason, Vane's name gets mixed up in that story for me and I have to tell myself "no, no, it's X's book"
This banner is designed by the one-of-a-kind talent known on the Lex as Fry. Thanks!

fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:59 pm

Goodnight Elizabeth...
Thank you for the advice...although I don't know who could track me down just by knowing my first name is Michelle...it is a rather popular first name :) lol But you are right and it's better to be cautious...I'd be interested in any nick name anyone came up with...I can't recall ever having a nickname before :) That's probably why I did such a horrible job coming up with a username...it was so obvious...I'm rather disappointed in myself :) Oh...and yes, I am over 20...but I didn't quite catch what you meant about meeting you over in the Gutter? (Sorry...)

LadyDi...
I have indeed read Ash and One Silent Night (which I believe is the most recent one out) so feel free to PM me anytime you wanna discuss!! :)

Have a good night everyone...

Thank you Naureen!!

Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:10 pm

LadyDi...The convention story is with Dante in Winter Born. :oops: :twisted: :oops: I can't say enough that I love that one.
I am starting Devil May Cry on Monday and I know that this one is going to rock everything. I read the back cover and looked to see who the two main people were and I was like YES!!!! I don't know one of them but I am so looking forward to more of the one I know and I hope *has fingers crossed* that the big questions are answered while I am reading this one.

Since we are talking about Vane. I was watching some reruns of Moonlight on the SciFi channel and Alex Louglin (sp) reminds me so much of what Vane might look like. I know that he needs longer hair, but when I was watching the show tonight, I kept telling myself Vane would do that, Vane say that. Every where I look I think how I can take what I see and relate it to DH, BDB & Twilight.