Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by cullengirl »

Thanks for the Ravyn explainations. I should've been taking careful notes when reading the DH series. I just get distracted. :twisted:

I've got a three day weekend, do I'm hoping I can get to Sin's book by the end of this weekend. Hopefully, I'll catch up to twilightmom and Una.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
Goodnight Elizabeth
Lusting for Blood

Post by Goodnight Elizabeth »

My copy of Dream Chaser is waiting at the bookstore for me. Woo hoo!

Let's start the discussion of Dream Hunter aka Arikos.
Squee! Thank you, Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

I'm about 1/2 through Dream Chaser right now. Holy hot stuff. Lynz was right!! GNE: I will refrain from any more comments, but you may need to wipe the drool from your new book as you read it!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I'm reading thru the Dark Hunter Companion now...kinda out of order since I've read Ash and Dream Warrior...it's got a lot of interesting things in it...and I keep wondering at all these things mentioned here and there. It's rare that SK mentions a detail without it coming up later on...I wonder how many future books she was hinting to in the Companion...

I really enjoyed Arik's book...and I think it was important to future books (hint, hint...without giving anything away :) )

Thank you Naureen!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

fanMNM wrote:I'm reading thru the Dark Hunter Companion now...kinda out of order since I've read Ash and Dream Warrior...it's got a lot of interesting things in it...and I keep wondering at all these things mentioned here and there. It's rare that SK mentions a detail without it coming up later on...I wonder how many future books she was hinting to in the Companion...
Since you've read all the books... When do you suggest reading the Companion? After all the current books - or does it fit in before Ash? Is it "out of date" if you read it after Ash and Stryker? (I have to return Ash to the library in 1.5 weeks, but I have Strkyer for 3 weeks). Any input is appreciated.
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

twilightmom wrote: Since you've read all the books... When do you suggest reading the Companion? After all the current books - or does it fit in before Ash? Is it "out of date" if you read it after Ash and Stryker? (I have to return Ash to the library in 1.5 weeks, but I have Strkyer for 3 weeks). Any input is appreciated.

No, I don't think the Companion is important to read before Ash and Styker...In my opinion, the Companion is a little lacking on details only because it doesn't mention details I now know from reading Ash's and Stryker's books but I'm still enjoying reading the Companion...and I think it's good to have as a reference point because it has lists of different gods/goddesses, daimons, etc. It's just that in some areas the Companion will talk abotu Ash and say "no one knows a lot about him," etc., etc. and I want to say, "yes, I do know this about him from his book!" LOL Since you are restricted on time, I'd definitely say to go ahead and read Ash and Styker's books...the Companion is not necessary, just fun (atleast, as far as I've read anyway). Hope that helps some...

Thank you Naureen!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Thanks FAN! That was a help. I don't own any of the DH books, but I think I'm going to buy the companion (I have gift cert to B&N). I may get it before my vacation, then I'll have it to read while I'm relaxing by the pool! Woo-hoo can't wait.

I finished Xypher last night. Waiting to crack open Ash with my reading buddy Una. Come on Una's library!!
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

while this isn't directly DH related.. i am excited for it mostly because of DH!

I AM GOING TO NEW ORLEANS THIS WEEKEND!

i am freaking out. Maybe i will see Ash leaning up against the wall somewhere! HAHA i wish..
I am really looking forward too it though!
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

I finished both Arik's and Sin's book during the weekend. I didn't like Arik's book. I didn't connect with him well and Geary was ok. For me to like a book, I need to like the main characters and this one just didn't do it for me. I thought the ending and the Orpheus allusion to the book was so trite and predictable. The only thing that I thought was cool about Arik's book is the timeline. Seeing Kyrian and a young Nick made me smile but break my heart again.

I know we're not on Sin's book, but I have to say that I absolutely loved it. Sin's is definitely one of my contender's for my favorite DH. Can't wait to discuss his book!

twilightmom and Una- I'll be starting Ash with you guys! Hopefully by tomorrow. :mrgreen:
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

CG - Like you, I wasn't too fond of Arik's book either. For me there was something missing. Like you said I didn't connect with him and I think that probably was the reason the book didn't do it for me. After reading his book, I wasn't too excited to read about anymore of the Dream Hunter books. I was really disappointed.

I know we are only discussing Arik but I do have to say that I did enjoy Upon A Midnight Clear (Adian). After reading that book, it has renewed my faith in the Dream Hunter books.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!