Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Re: Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by cullengirl »

After thinking about this for a while, I now understand why I don't see Ash's "happy ending" to be equivalent to his past. For me, I needed his romance to be as charging or powerful as his past, but I realized that is not what Ash wanted. Ash basically wanted someone who could be close to. Someone who was willing to see and accept him for what he is, which is what he got from Tory. And now I think that he's ending may have been just enough for him. True, his past will always haunt him, but now knowing that he has Tory and other friends on his side he's able to work through it.
una wrote:CG - it is said that because Zeus was unfaithful to Hera in the fathering of Apollo and Artemis, Hera cursed them to have to live off of blood.
Now, how in the world did I miss this info? It must've been near a baking scene, I betcha. :lol: :twisted:

Fan- I know exactly how you feel. These characters though fiction are very real to me. I constantly think of them and am making connections to things that I see everyday. I haven't reached a comfort zone yet with anyone to recommend the Brothers, P/C or our DH. Not that they wouldn't like it, but they wouldn't like the characters as much as I do. :roll:

Una- You've just made my day with the YA series based on Nick! Ladies, I think I found my DH and it's Nick Gautier. I've loved him from his first introduction. *sigh* As far as Dream Warrior, I'm not even close to reading it. I'm on a long list at the library and I'm very worried about who dies in Fang's book. Is the death the ultimate death or the temporary death that makes your jaw drop (i.e. Kyrian and Amanda in Val's book)?

I didn't like Stryker's book very much, but there are some important information in there! :shock:
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

OH CG, I'm glad you came to terms with Ash's HEA... I like how you put it. I have to tell you all... I've been having day dreams and fantasies about Ash in the past week. :twisted: Very strange for me. I have really fallen for him after reading his book. And it's like CG put, it's that he's found someone he's comfortable with - and that is what I look for in life. A place to call my own and be myself. (Like here on the LEX!). Anyhow, I just find myself thinking about Ash reffing the basketball game, or being a rock star and I get all weak in the knees. I'm definitely going to have to re-read that one again! *sigh*
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
nissanmama
Officially Bitten!

Post by nissanmama »

I love the tiny glimpse of domestication we get of Ash in Stryker's book.
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/p ... directlink
40-something and feeling a little like Mrs. Cope.
Banner by Fry
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Twimom - I agree with you on so many points about Ash's book.

I wasn't shocked by what Ash had to endure in his past. I just figured that it was going to be a horrible tragedy so I think I mentally prepared myself for whatever was going to happen. For some reason I felt like I was living through it all with him so I became desensitized to it all and just figured that whatever happens will happen. I was dying though trying to get through his past and was eagerly awaiting to get to the present day Ash.

I LOVED the second part of Ash's book and I'm really glad that he found his HEA and it was Tory. I really loved Tory from when we first met her in the Dream Hunter book. I was also happy for Ash to realize that there are people who can love him despite his past and that even though he may be the leader of the DH's that they look to him as a friend.

I don't think I'm even going to address Artie. Can we just say that I totally despise her and I wish that Simi could actually get her wish and BBQ the "B" Goddess.

I love Apoloymi (sp?). For being the Goddess of Destruction, she really has been misjudged. I just don't know how to put it into words how much I respect and admire her.

Well I think I'm gonna stop rambling for now.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

Its been awhile since I have read Ash's book.

The first part of the book was very hard for me to get through.
I was physically Abused. and the torture scenes were almost to much for me to handle.
I felt for Ash, everything he thought something good was going to happen something bad would happen.
This Book made me hate Artemis more than i can even explain. The scene where he was uhmm De-manned.
Made me sick. How she could say "I'll just fix you" or " I'll just heal you" Made me sick to my stomach.
and then when he was gutted By Apollo. ugh.

His past was horrible, I have no idea how SK got through writing something like that.

I loved the nickelback in this book! that is one of my favorite songs ever. so when he was singing it i was crying.
the fact that Ash showed major weakness in his book as far as insecurities and such go was sexy, He wasn't as self assured as we all thought he was in the beginning, in fact he was truly scared that he was alone. when he wasn't at all.

I think his happy ending was perfect for him. Tory was a great character in Dream Hunter.
and to repeat what Shan said. APOLLYMI IS AWESOME. I love her. Styxx is starting to grow on me.

But i love Xypher. ha!

I am really looking forward to learning more about Jaden. and someone else who isn't mentioned until Stryker so i won't say anything.

that is all. love ya guys! see some of you on yo!
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

Lynzeee wrote: I felt for Ash, everything he thought something good was going to happen something bad would happen.
This Book made me hate Artemis more than i can even explain. The scene where he was uhmm De-manned.
Made me sick. How she could say "I'll just fix you" or " I'll just heal you" Made me sick to my stomach.
and then when he was gutted By Apollo. ugh.

His past was horrible, I have no idea how SK got through writing something like that.
Yes, the first half was unbearable. I've never read anything that left me so exhausted. I could only read 100 pgs of his book and then needed a break before I could pick it up again. Kenyon wrote in her author note that she had experiences of child abuse. I can't imagine what she went through to write Ash's book.

I'm still confused as to what he really is. I mean he's a god, yes, but his true "god form" makes it look like he's also part demon? So I guess my question is, who is Ash's daddy?

Appolymi seems me more of the typical goddess character. She's part selfish, but she also does have lots of concern about her son. I just wished she would've tried harder to stop Ash's abuse. I thought the reason of "they could find him" was a cop-out. She could have sent Xierna to follow and help him.
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

FIRST - Lynz.. It's great to see you back on the LEX (or at least on the threads I post on). Big HUGS!
cullengirl wrote:
Lynzeee wrote: I'm still confused as to what he really is. I mean he's a god, yes, but his true "god form" makes it look like he's also part demon? So I guess my question is, who is Ash's daddy?

Appolymi seems me more of the typical goddess character. She's part selfish, but she also does have lots of concern about her son. I just wished she would've tried harder to stop Ash's abuse. I thought the reason of "they could find him" was a cop-out. She could have sent Xierna to follow and help him.
Ash's dad was Appolymi's husband - male leader god (forgot his name). I don't get the part demon thing. Apparently when he was forced into the human world he was only part human. I think he just looks like that when he's in his god form. I don't think he has any demon in him now.

I also agree with you about the fact that she didn't stop the abuse when he was a human. She's okay meddling in his life now!
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

I've read all the way through Dream Warrior. (this isn't spoilerish because i still dont really know)
I think Cullengirl had it right to ask WHO IS ASH's DADDY?

I have some theories if anyone wants to know- PM me or FB me

and thanks Jen! its great to be back on the threads some at least! haha

Ash's God form is crazy!
Your heads are gonna spin once you read one silent night, and Dream warrior.
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Lynzeee wrote:I've read all the way through Dream Warrior. (this isn't spoilerish because i still dont really know)
I think Cullengirl had it right to ask WHO IS ASH's DADDY?
I don't have the books in front of me, but when Appollini was worried that her baby was going to be taken from her, and we were actually in the god-realm as she was cutting Ash from her womb, I'm 99% sure it was mentioned that Appollini's husband (what is his name?!) was Ash's father. Lynz: If you have more theories, please share them with me!!!

Anyone with Ash's book, can you help on this?
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

CG and I were chatting about this. I have my own biased view. I believe that Appolymi's hubby is Ash's father, it's his mother I think is in question. :twisted: Hehehehe, chat with me TwimMom, I have theories abounding!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!