Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: Adult thread: Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Post by una »

I am so completely with you TwiMom, I will be seriously ticked if Fang and Aimee don't get their HEA.

One thing that has been buzzing in my head. If you have two Katagaria weres of different species they cannot have children. The exception would be two species that are close; eg: Wren, leopard and tiger. But I"m not sure about Bear and Wolf. Which worries me in that they might not be a "fated" mated pair. We've already had Savitar step in and have Wren and Maggie get mated marks, so we can't do that again with Fang and Aimee. Unless...katagaria are the only ones that can pass their power on (eg: Wren's father to Maggie, Wren's grandmother to Wren's father), what if one of the Katagaria bears sacrifice their powers to Fang to allow him to be part wolf/part bear and that kills them in a battle later on?
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

una wrote: Unless...katagaria are the only ones that can pass their power on (eg: Wren's father to Maggie, Wren's grandmother to Wren's father), what if one of the Katagaria bears sacrifice their powers to Fang to allow him to be part wolf/part bear and that kills them in a battle later on?
HUH??? :?

I thought it was interesting as I am reading the Companion, it mentioned that Karagarias can't mate with humans - the can be together, but no kids... Which may be why Wren and Maggie weren't fated mates... I assume that the fated mates would
have something to do with reproduction of the species, but... I guess that's why there is Love, Mating and if you are lucky - both together...
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
cullengirl
Cataloging the Cullen Library

Post by cullengirl »

*Scratches head* I'm so lost with your theories, Una and twilightmom.

Like you ladies, I will be very upset if Fang and Aimee don't get their HEAs. I love them together and was so curious as to how their relationship developed during Vane's book. What if they did have kids but the kids were human--purely human? :?
“Darkness will never take me…because I have you. Light of my life, Marissa. That’s what you are.”-LR
Banner by the awesome, beautiful and incredible Nena!
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

I'm not sure they could have purely human children. Both are Katagaria...so neither are human. If one of them was Arcadian, then maybe I could see how they could have a human child there, but I can't see how that would happen for two Katagaria. I tend to lean more towards the idea that they won't be able to have any children at all.

I don't think Aimee and Fang are a "fated mated" pair, and although Savitar already stepped in to help Wren and Maggie, I think maybe Ash will be the one to step in this time?

Since the next book is for the Weres, do you think we'll get anymore insights into Nick and his connection to the Dream Hunters as well as Jared and Jaden? Or are those going to be a plot lines left hanging out there for awhile?

Thank you Naureen!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

fanMNM wrote:I'm not sure they could have purely human children. Both are Katagaria...so neither are human. If one of them was Arcadian, then maybe I could see how they could have a human child there, but I can't see how that would happen for two Katagaria. I tend to lean more towards the idea that they won't be able to have any children at all.

I don't think Aimee and Fang are a "fated mated" pair, and although Savitar already stepped in to help Wren and Maggie, I think maybe Ash will be the one to step in this time?
I agree about the ability to have kids - I highly doubt that they would be human at all. Ash stepping in would ROCK!!
fanMNM wrote:Since the next book is for the Weres, do you think we'll get anymore insights into Nick and his connection to the Dream Hunters as well as Jared and Jaden? Or are those going to be a plot lines left hanging out there for awhile?
I hope we get a break from Nick and Jaren and Jaden. They overwhelmed me and I didn't like it during the past two books. I need a break before we get into the "next chapter." Maybe we could learn a bit about what Artie is up to!!
una
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Post by una »

I agree, I think we need a break from the trio - although if it is just a little one, fine. But having so much about so many characters (and throwing in all the newbies) it was overwhelming. I am looking forward to Fang and Aimee's book as a way to take a break from the first two and get back to "our" guys.

Okay - I was not coherent in that post and I apologize. What I mean was that I am not sure they are fated because I agree that a fated pair should be able to mate and have children since the "mating" bond is what allows conception. A female will only be able to conceive IF she is mated to her mate. So if Fang and Aimee aren't "mated", in other words no mating mark appears, then they aren't able to have children. Now with Wren and Maggie - I'm not sure if Savitar giving them the mating mark would now allow them to have children. But I bet so, especially since Maggie isn't just human, she is more like an Acardian now that she was given powers by Wren's father.

This is so confusing...but extremely interesting...
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Yeah, I would think Savaitar giving them the mating mark would allow them to have children now...but I don't know what the future will hold for Fang and Aimee. I just don't see how children would work between them? Half bears and half wolves?? Hmmm....

I'm still making it thru my rereading process and so far I'm up to Valerius' book. Wow had I forgotten a lot of stuff!! I'm kinda feeling sorry for Grace and Julian at this point...they are the only couple who is still mortal (right?) since Ash changed Amanda and Kyrian into immortals when he brought them back to life! Oh, and V'Aidan and Eric are mortal still as well as Raphael and Celena I think...but they aren't in any books since their own...so I don't really count them :)

Thank you Naureen!!
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

fanMNM wrote:I'm still making it thru my rereading process and so far I'm up to Valerius' book. Wow had I forgotten a lot of stuff!! I'm kinda feeling sorry for Grace and Julian at this point...they are the only couple who is still mortal (right?) since Ash changed Amanda and Kyrian into immortals when he brought them back to life! Oh, and V'Aidan and Eric are mortal still as well as Raphael and Celena I think...but they aren't in any books since their own...so I don't really count them :)
I think Julian is immortal as a demi-god (darn it, I JUST returned the Companion to the library, it may have said!) Not sure about Grace - but probably when she was granted a second chance, we could assume/guess that Aphrodite gave her immortality, too?!
una

Post by una »

I thought in Julian's book that because he is a Demi-god he is immortal. And that at the end his mother tied Grace's life force to his. Am I wrong?
fanMNM
Veggie-Vampire

Post by fanMNM »

Julian wasn't immortal though. Yes, he was Aphrodite's son but he was mortal when he was alive. The only reason he lived so long was cause he was cursed into the book and Priapus made it so he couldn't die (therefore suffering even more). I just flipped thru and reread Julian's ending and I cannot find any mention of whether he was left mortal or made immortal either. I have the Companion and under Julian's name is doesn't say whether he is immortal or not. Ugh!

I don't have Wulf's book with me right now (I lent it to a coworker who is reading the series) but I'm pretty sure when Julian, Kyrian, Talon, and Zarek show up to help Wulf fight, a comment is made about Kyrian and Julian being mortal (that was before Ash turned Kyrian immortal in Valerius' book) and how fighting is more dangerous for them...something along those lines.

But I might be wrong. Now it's a mystery...I'll have to keep digging and see what I can find but I always thought Julian and Grace were mortal.

Thank you Naureen!!