Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
xMoonlightxTragedyx
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by xMoonlightxTragedyx »

I love Harry!!!
I loved all those books.
None of them were disapointing, and every book had action and suspence.
Only the last one made me sad, when they killed off all my favortie characters in the spand of 3 chapters. lol
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

luv_edward_cullen wrote:Harry Potter has a lot of meaning in the books. There isn't much to decipher in Twilight. After you read it...that's it, no hidden meaning at all.
Aw! I wouldn't take it that far. I agree there is 'more' to Harry Potter than Twilight, but I think there's plenty to decipher from Twilight. Plenty to discuss. But there's just....more to the HP-verse. More of a world, or at least we're given more detail of the world to ponder from the HP series.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
Liv-wa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Liv-wa »

luv_edward_cullen wrote:
Liv-wa wrote:
delighted_one wrote:
It bothers me when people say that Twilight is the next Harry Potter. While Twilight is a very good series, it will never be as successful as the Harry Potter books. First of all, HP appeals to a much wider audience. Twilight mostly to teenage girls. HP has seven books all great in length and the plot is just so . . . words can't describe it.

There's no doubt in my mind that Harry Potter won't be as popular twenty years from now. Pride and Prejudice is, and it's a hundred years later. Harry Potter is just a classic that when the younger fans grow up, they're going to introduce the series to their children and so on. And even Stephenie said that Twilight and Harry Potter are in different leagues.
You actually have a really good point. I guess everyone just kind of got excited about Twilight because it was really a great series and the Harry Potter fans needed something new to discuss since all the books are finished. Harry Potter really is a legend and it will continue to be so.
There also isn't as many things to discuss in Twilight, as in Harry Potter. Even the names have a meaning and contribute to the plot line.
Harry Potter has a lot of meaning in the books. There isn't much to decipher in Twilight. After you read it...that's it, no hidden meaning at all.
true, true [:
Click here to join. We need some more of that pureblood [;Image
Leah_says
Wandering Through Town

Post by Leah_says »

And in HP, there was just so much speculation before the seventh book came out. Would Harry live, would he die? We'd just analyzed every sentence for hidden meaning and clues.

We did speculate about Twilight, but I guess it was a little less extreme. It was more like--what's Bella's wedding dress going to look like, and so on. Plus, we all knew that Bella was going to end up as a vampire. =)
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

Leah_says wrote:And in HP, there was just so much speculation before the seventh book came out. Would Harry live, would he die? We'd just analyzed every sentence for hidden meaning and clues.

We did speculate about Twilight, but I guess it was a little less extreme. It was more like--what's Bella's wedding dress going to look like, and so on. Plus, we all knew that Bella was going to end up as a vampire. =)
When you put it that way....haha it doesn't sound so good :lol:. It's just that....there's just more to Harry Potter. JKR just has more to her world. They don't only have witches and wizard, but werewolves, vampires, horcruxes, elves, pixies, etc. I still find it difficult to compare the two. Yes, there is more to HP, but Twilight's still amazing and there's plenty to discover and disect from it. Obviously, we all agree or we wouldn't BE here. I just don't like the whole "You must choose one!" campaign; that's ridiculous. Read and enjoy them both! Both will enterain you BEYOND belief.
Leah_says
Wandering Through Town

Post by Leah_says »

Twilight+Harry Potter=My heroin. :mrgreen:

Did any of you guys like the epilogue of Deathly Hallows? I thought the book was SUPERB, GREAT [and a whole lot more adjectives that I can't think of right now] until that part. I don't want to picture Harry, Ron, and Hermione as middle aged. I want to think of them as teenagers at Hogwarts forever.
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

Leah_says wrote:Did any of you guys like the epilogue of Deathly Hallows? I thought the book was SUPERB, GREAT [and a whole lot more adjectives that I can't think of right now] until that part. I don't want to picture Harry, Ron, and Hermione as middle aged. I want to think of them as teenagers at Hogwarts forever.
You said it sister. The epilogue just...killed it. Well, it didn't kill DH, but I have to pretend it doesn't exist. HATED it. "Albus Severus" Ugh. Though I am rather fond of the name "Scorpius" ;) .
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

The epilogue definitely could've been better but I'm satisfied with it the way it is :)
eizel
Learning to Love Green

Post by eizel »

i love harry potter series! i grew up reading them!!

my fave character would be Hermione..
i think the saddest book was the sixth book...
ImageImage
Credit to http://kawaii-inc.org/ for my sad cute avatar.
im just sad Stephenie Meyer put Midnight sun on hold indefinitely
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I love the Harry Potter books and I was really upset that JKR decided to stop writing (I know it had to have gotten mundane, but I wanted more).

I loved all the books but I was really dissapointed with her epilogue for Deathly Hallows, it left me asking more questions & wanting more. If she just ended the book at the last chapter then I think it would have been a different story.

I can't wait till December, when I get my Tales of Beedle & the Bard book, I'm interested in reading it.

If it wasn't for the Harry Potter forum that I belong to, I would have never heard about the Twilight series & that would have been a tragadey.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!