Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by Spartan »

Some of you mentioned th AudioBooks, I love Stephen Fry he's soo cool and my Mum and Nan said that he's a really good reader. ( I haven't heard them )
awesomejen1 wrote:I know, I am a total nerd...I mean, I'm 23 and love Harry Potter...my husband, then boyfriend thought I was a total dork when he saw my Harry Potter lego set.

HAHAHAHA! You have a HP lego set? How totally AWSOME! : P

When I was much younger me and my friend were obsessed, whenever she came around we put some stools out in the garden, rested some brooms ( like the cleaning type ) on them and pretended to play quidditch by sitting on them and throwing a football etc to one another ( For any americans I mean a soccer ball) We kept on playing despite that my nieghbours shouted abuse at us, taking the mick and sometimes saying really harsh stuff ( though the one time I said she was fat she went crying to her mum and I got way told off ) We had to stop though when one broom snapped in half while I was on it :lol:. We'd also play imaginary games with my fake wands and make potions ( out of anything drinkable I could find in my house.) I remember I had this plastic goblet that was like 2 inches thick so that it "magically refilled", for those who can't work it out you filled it with loads of drink because the sides of the goblet were hollow and the drink went into it - when the drink level goes down the "hidden" drink enters the main cup via a hole in the bottom. Thus "magically refilling"it. I also have a stuffed Hedwig who I called Hermes ( nothing to do with Percy's Owl) and I once got a signed movie plaque thing ( even though I never liked the mvies - I hate them) that I found in my room wrapped up in and adresses to my room with Hermes next to it and my mum kept insisting that she didn't get it for me and that it was "Owl Post" :lol: How did you show your Potter Obsession?
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Spartan wrote:Some of you mentioned th AudioBooks, I love Stephen Fry he's soo cool and my Mum and Nan said that he's a really good reader. ( I haven't heard them )
I have the Jim Dale version of the audiobooks and they are excellent. I prefer his voice better then Stephen Fry's.

Question for all, in the HBP movie trailer, I thought it showed the Burrow on fire but to be honest, I don't recall that happening in the book.

Does anyone remember reading anything about that?
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

skylarblue wrote: Question for all, in the HBP movie trailer, I thought it showed the Burrow on fire but to be honest, I don't recall that happening in the book.

Nope - because it didn't happen. I don't recall it in the ad either..
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

In Harry P 6, is that the one where Snape and Harry practice Legilimency, and Harry briefly goes into Snape's memories? I really want to see teen-Snape
List, Gnat ♥
luv_edward_cullen
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by luv_edward_cullen »

skylarblue wrote:Question for all, in the HBP movie trailer, I thought it showed the Burrow on fire but to be honest, I don't recall that happening in the book.

It's an extra scene they added in the movie. It shows the Burrow being attacked on christmas or something to show that nowhere's safe. Or something to that extent
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

luv_edward_cullen wrote:
skylarblue wrote:Question for all, in the HBP movie trailer, I thought it showed the Burrow on fire but to be honest, I don't recall that happening in the book.

It's an extra scene they added in the movie. It shows the Burrow being attacked on christmas or something to show that nowhere's safe. Or something to that extent
Okay I get it now. Well that is really taking a story and running with it. I know screenwriters change things but add somthing totally not mentioned in the books is mind boggling.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
vampluv78
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by vampluv78 »

Jasper<3 wrote:In Harry P 6, is that the one where Snape and Harry practice Legilimency, and Harry briefly goes into Snape's memories? I really want to see teen-Snape
no thats harry potter 5.
6 is the one where Harry gets the potions textbook from the halfblood prince
[Image
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

That is a little odd that the Burrow is on fire...but I am sure it will make sense in the movies. They have changed things here and there and it still works...like Cho being the one who tells where the DA is practicing...The movie looks so good though! I love how they did Dumbledore's ring of fire! And Malfoy is looking awesome this movie as well! I can't wait.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

awesomejen1 wrote:Malfoy is looking awesome this movie as well! I can't wait.
Yes! He had that angst and I-have-to-kill-Dumbledore-to-prove-myself-AND-save-my-own-hide-from-being-killed-by-Voldy facial expresssion and body language down pat!! The new trailer is sooooo amazing!!

On a side note, I LOVE your avie luv_edward-cullen!! :D
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
bandnerd218
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by bandnerd218 »

Harry Potter?
holy crap.
i am a totla and complete Potter freek!
no kidding.

i would say more but, i cant without spoiling anything so. :)
Jesse=My love.My life.
"I'll sing to you all night if it will keep the bad dreams away" -Edward
"Your Slower than a fat kid on crutches"-Aphrodite;Untamed
"The greener grass on the other side is probably just AstroTurf"-idk