Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by LilyMorgana »

I should really reread the series too. I don't remember everything from the last few books. It's as if the information keeps leaking from my brain. :( Wish I had the time to read them all again but I don't. I have to study. Oh well, maybe after my exams I can start over. There's a lot of time left until the film comes out so I'll probably be able to get to HBP by then.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

LilyMorgana wrote:I should really reread the series too. I don't remember everything from the last few books. It's as if the information keeps leaking from my brain. :( Wish I had the time to read them all again but I don't. I have to study. Oh well, maybe after my exams I can start over. There's a lot of time left until the film comes out so I'll probably be able to get to HBP by then.
yeah thats where I am with forgetting important parts...my sister was reading the last book and telling me where she was in it, and I'm like "I don't remember that at all..."
edwardisperfection
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by edwardisperfection »

I read the first book when I was in year one... ten years ago now. 1998.
Ive read all of the books countless times. I love them so much. I never ever get bored of them.

Whenever someone asks me what my favourite is I have a really hard time.. but I LOVE the first and fourth books.

HARRY POTTER FOREVERRRR!

Also does anyone else reckon they completely butchered the fifth movie and it was absolute bull?
TeamEdward
Bringing sexyback since 1901.
"So the lion fell in love with the lamb."
"What a lucky lamb."
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

Kinda - I think they like wrecked all the movies. I mean the first was pretty good but from then on the just kept getting further and further from the books. It's good to have some change but come on! I think all the movies are bad if you think of Them as "Harry Potter" , or compare them to the books but as movies on thier own I guess they'd be o.k . It really annoyed me that they didn't explain who "Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs" were! They hardly even explained that Lupin, Wormtail, James and Sirius were all friends!!
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

I played a Harry Potter trivia thing, and I kicked some mega muggle butt!

I reread 4 last night... cried when Cedric died, as usual. :cry:
List, Gnat ♥
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

Jasper<3 wrote:I played a Harry Potter trivia thing, and I kicked some mega muggle butt!

I reread 4 last night... cried when Cedric died, as usual. :cry:
I cry too...actually I cry when any major character in the series dies (well I do have to like them) but book 7 was rough...
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

Oh, I cried when Cedric died too and the funny part of it all is I already knew he would die. I think it was because he died so suddenly; it really did come out of no where. And everything following after that just kept my eyes watery.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
LilyMorgana
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by LilyMorgana »

I actually didn't cry when Cedric died. I didn't like him at all and never paid much attention to his existence before that moment. Then he sort of died before I had time to understand what had happened. However, I did cry when Harry was duelling with Voldemort a bit later and his parents appeared.
I also cried a lot when Dumbledore died. When I read DH for the first time I cried for just about every death. Hedwig and Dobby were the worst. When Snape died I thought I would never stop crying. I didn't even want to know the end anymore. When I came to the next deaths in DH I didn't have any tears left to cry. :cry:
Erm ... So yeah, I'm kind of an emotional girl. I can't help it.
- Nele

Private Morgana Mordant of Jasper's Confederate Army, Team Stainless Claret
LilyMorgana
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

LilyMorgana wrote:I also cried a lot when Dumbledore died. When I read DH for the first time I cried for just about every death. Hedwig and Dobby were the worst. When Snape died I thought I would never stop crying. I didn't even want to know the end anymore. When I came to the next deaths in DH I didn't have any tears left to cry.
Erm ... So yeah, I'm kind of an emotional girl. I can't help it.
Don't worry! I cried the same times you did! It was all soooooo emotionally charged! I also got teared up when Ron left them in the woods..God! I was scared he wasn't going to come back! But don't worry, he did and I could relax a little.

OMG! I bought the tales of Beetle the Bard the other day! Its awesome! Though I haven't read it yet :? Iplanning to soon though!
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

Like LilyMorgana I was never too interested in Cedric so I didn't cry when he died, I ALWAYS cry in no' 5 when Harry's blaming Dumbledore. And I think I cried the first time I read no' 6 ( I can't remember ) I didn't cry in DH at all - It just went that fast that you couldn't ( well I couldn't) really accept all the deaths and fully consider it before you were being whipped off somewhere else.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D