Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Re: Wild about Harry, the Harry Potter book discussion

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

OMG and I thought I was the only one. Loved when he says "Obviously." That was really a great one-liner from all of the movies. Snape did really come to the rescue bc Harry was spawting off about Padfoot and he pretended to not know what was going on, but did. HATE Umbridge-ugh!
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

↑ I love that part! I can hear it in my head... Ooobviously... love Snape...
My friends make fun of me for loving Snape (Natallie! You have a real thing for middle-aged men!) but I just can't stop! Its weird...
I know! It is so weird to see him not wearing black! And Yes again, I love his voice! It is exactly what I imagined, even before the movie! This is a little embarrasing... but his voice makes me melt. *swoons* He is just so... Snape-like! (heh, that reminded me of Disney Aladdin, when Jafar(sp?) is a snake, and he's like Lets see how Snake-like I can be! except I imagined him saying Snape-like and transforming into Alan Rickman instead of a snake... :lol: )
Who was it that had the Snapes on a plane avatar?? That was so funny!! I miss seeing it around... and the avatar where Snape is reading a notebook, and it said *fanfic* on it... I miss that one too!
List, Gnat ♥
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

Alan Rickman is just perfect for Snape - NO ONE could do it better than him! and yeh I agree, when he like drawls stuff it's really funny. He's like the best person in all the films ( everyone else sucks ) :D

O.K I saw earlier someone said something about Harry "giving his son Snape's Middle name". Yeh, did anyone else laugh their heads off when they saw what Harry called his kids? I mean it was so typical and weak. Not J.K just the names.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

Carrisa: Really? You don't like Malfoy? I am in love with him, too. I have a thing for HP guys... I don't know what makes me love him... there really is nothing there. I think it is how he is trying to be all tough, but on the inside he is just a scared young boy. I mean, his choices are kill one of the most powerful wizards ever, or die. Not exactly a fun choice.
Sorry... I was sort of ranting again...
Nope, never liked Malfoy. Just because he's jealous of Harry does not excuse his actions. And he's the perfect mummy's/daddy's boy, hating people just because they aren't pure blood. And did he truly hate Dumbledore? That's my question. Did he "hate" Dumbledore because of mummy and daddy or did he hate him just because he was nice or did he truly admire the world's most powerful wizard but didn't show it because he would suffer consequences from his father? I understand why he wanted to kill Dumbledore, for his father, but that doesn't clear up my question. Does Malfoy really hate the things he says he despises or does he say so to stay on the right side og everyone that matters to him?
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

^^He doesn't actually hate them. Or at least I neve thought so - It was always clear to me that he was saying it to sound cool. but perhaps I'm wrong.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Post by Carrisa »

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that Malfoy doesn't have much depth in his character. I'm sure not to be one to talk about such important features, but it just seems that way to me. Maybe that's because before the ending Malfoy wasn't focused on so intensely so he seems to be lacking something? The transition from school bully to Voldemort assistant was a pretty big leap.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

I'm pretty sure it was all talk that Malfoy hated everyone like Dumbledore and Harry, just trying to be cool, because if you look at the end of the book, the Malfoys sort of ran away together, they just wanted to have their family, but they were too afraid of Voldemort. I think he was deeper than he let show.
List, Gnat ♥
brianna_cullen
Wandering Through Town

Post by brianna_cullen »

Maybe... But hey, I kind of feel bad for Malfoy, though. I mean, being a killer was kind of in the family business. But hey, if he tried to ever walk away from it, he'd get killed by Voldi.
Edward can bruise me anyday.

eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

Spartan wrote:O.K I saw earlier someone said something about Harry "giving his son Snape's Middle name". Yeh, did anyone else laugh their heads off when they saw what Harry called his kids? I mean it was so typical and weak. Not J.K just the names.
I LAUGHED MY HEAD OFF! I COULDN'T CONTROL MYSELF! I found it absolutely hilarious! :lol: All of Harry's ha names like that and then Ron & Hermiones were Hugo and Rose..Completely random..And all of Harry's were people important to him..Did Ginny not get a say ? :?

Malfoy's story was weird I thought..But I liked how his mother (when Harry was playing dead and she was whispering to him) was just concerned about whether her boy was alive and she had it in her heart to protect Harry in exchange for reassurance. It shows that under it all their family (oh well Narcissa and Malfoy (how he couldn't kill Voldemort)) actually do have hearts and do value life outside of Voldemort.
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
deven
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by deven »

eliselovesedwardx wrote:
Spartan wrote:O.K I saw earlier someone said something about Harry "giving his son Snape's Middle name". Yeh, did anyone else laugh their heads off when they saw what Harry called his kids? I mean it was so typical and weak. Not J.K just the names.
I LAUGHED MY HEAD OFF! I COULDN'T CONTROL MYSELF! I found it absolutely hilarious! :lol: All of Harry's ha names like that and then Ron & Hermiones were Hugo and Rose..Completely random..And all of Harry's were people important to him..Did Ginny not get a say ? :?

Malfoy's story was weird I thought..But I liked how his mother (when Harry was playing dead and she was whispering to him) was just concerned about whether her boy was alive and she had it in her heart to protect Harry in exchange for reassurance. It shows that under it all their family (oh well Narcissa and Malfoy (how he couldn't kill Voldemort)) actually do have hearts and do value life outside of Voldemort.

ok yeah...it was really funny...i dont get why hugo and rose were choosen???? what about maybe..idk ...maybe FRED..your dead brother...what the hec..hugo?!? lol made me laugh
.I<3BDB.I<3Oli sykes!+Randomness Regular+Concert Addict